Season 21 - DISCUSS!

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    God I hope Chaka can make it past Keo's customary Week 2 boot.

She was a major league stoner, so I don't know how that will play with her performance. Out of the holy trinity of Soul divas they've had, I imagine she'll be the best mover. She's younger than Gladys and Patti, and her act involved a huge amount of dancing in its time.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @DWTSGossip
    Aww... PETA is hurt and Andy might dance with someone else.😟#DWTS

I wonder if Jenna would stand in. Would they have to crawl back to Brittany for the troupe? :p. I wish Emma could swap and, perhaps Lindsay dance with the boy. (Not wishing Peta out or anything, but I know she was carrying an injury from the tour. Hope she recovers soon).

ETA:
    @DWTS360
    #DWTS update: I'm hearing IF Peta is to sit out this season, Lindsay will be the replacement...BUT no decisions have been made yet.
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    I wonder if Jenna would stand in. Would they have to crawl back to Brittany for the troupe? :p. I wish Emma could swap and, perhaps Lindsay dance with the boy. (Not wishing Peta out or anything, but I know she was carrying an injury from the tour. Hope she recovers soon).

ETA:

Peta would be better to take the season off and recover then risking long term or even permanent damage. I am glad it's Lindsay not Jenna if she can't do it as much as I like Emma I would like Lindsay with Andy to see what she can do as Victor was a hard pupil to teach and Lindsay has improved a lot since then. Still want Emma to get a contender next season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Peta is definitely out and will have to have surgery.
    http://www.people.com/article/dancing-stars-season-21-peta-murgatroyd-injured
    The article is slightly ambiguous about whether she would return to dance with Andy late in the season (though seems unlikely). I hope she doesn't rush back and heals properly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Peta is definitely out and will have to have surgery.
    http://www.people.com/article/dancing-stars-season-21-peta-murgatroyd-injured
    The article is slightly ambiguous about whether she would return to dance with Andy late in the season (though seems unlikely). I hope she doesn't rush back and heals properly.

Andy could be out by then as thats around top 5/6 or maybe she means that she will come back to dance in group/pro numbers it would be unfair to both the new pro (Lindsay) & Andy. It is a pity they got rid of Brittany because they need her now for the troupe oh well it's their own fault. :o by the article's comments they are pure nasty hope she is not that insecure in her relationship.

Edit: She's out for the season from her twitter

The past three days have been really tough to say the least..I learned that my ankle injury is at a stage that needs surgery immediately. I'm so sorry but I have to step out of Season 21 of DWTS. This is obviously one of the toughest decisions I've ever made and I seriously struggled with the idea of not being able to dance, but I know my health does come first, and the sooner I get this done, the sooner I can be back in the ballroom for all of you! 6-8 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things and I hope to be back before the season ends, doing group numbers and of course cheering on Andy and my friends in audience. It killed me to let someone else take care of Andy, who is such a genuine loving guy. But I know he will be in good hands. I will miss the show so much but just know that I will come better back than ever, and with a brand new ankle :) Thank you for all the love today, I loved reading all of your supportive tweets, even though I couldn't say anything until now. I will also keep you all up to date on my progress and of course you will see some silly 'before and after' surgery pictures 😉 Lastly, I love you all and thank you for always being so positive for me. Peta will return in no time at all 💋💋💋💋
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Val tweeted and deleted that he was in/heading to Atlanta which is where Shay Mitchell is filming. Either he's being a tease or Shay is his partner. He also tweeted his partner is hot, so I'm assuming it's not the Housewife. (No disrespect to her intended). Would they really give him two young hotties from the same TV show?

So far, so predictable with the pairings. 😵😒
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thoughts :
    I cant believe I ever liked Val; He is just so Bleugh ....cant stand him now :(.
    Still have love for Derek.
    Mark is just ...sigh....a bit of a failure and part of it has to be his fault. sorry
    Poor Peta; I hope she gets better.I have really warmed up to her recently.
    Smh...Look at Emma's partner. WHY DO THEY HAVE A 15 YEAR OLD BOY ON THE SHOW >:(>:( ??!!?? WTF ? She would have accepted to do Strictly instead; She would have settled in so well here but its not LA, Hollywood....
    Paula Deen with her racist history.....I guess now that she is going to step on the floor and dance we can all forget about that.... roll eyes.......SMH.....I hope Artem doesnt get her.
    That married couple on the show...something about them rubs me the wrong way; not buying whatever they are selling
    Of course Mark gets the Christian lady again....
    Keo is lucky to have been given another chance; really lucky
    Not a fan of Sasha but that poor guy deserved a pro spot this season; they keep doing him dirty.
    Look at Val with another potential great partner...

The predictability/manipulations on this show is something else.. and keep reaffirming my increasing disdain for this show :(:(. I know that reality tv is highly orchestrated but this show takes the cake.

I will probably watch some of the clips online (not giving Dwts any views :p ) and check Puredwts :D

Never got to say this but congratulations on Derek and Witney on their Emmy nominations.

Just peeping in to say hi to all the regulars who keep posting:) .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Val tweeted and deleted that he was in/heading to Atlanta which is where Shay Mitchell is filming. Either he's being a tease or Shay is his partner. He also tweeted his partner is hot, so I'm assuming it's not the Housewife. (No disrespect to her intended). Would they really give him two young hotties from the same TV show?

So far, so predictable with the pairings. 😵😒

There is an article on e online re pairings apparently they are paired due to height, size and personalities 😂😉
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Thoughts :
    I cant believe I ever liked Val; He is just so Bleugh ....cant stand him now :(.
    Still have love for Derek.
    Mark is just ...sigh....a bit of a failure and part of it has to be his fault. sorry
    Poor Peta; I hope she gets better.I have really warmed up to her recently.
    Smh...Look at Emma's partner. WHY DO THEY HAVE A 15 YEAR OLD BOY ON THE SHOW >:(>:( ??!!?? WTF ? She would have accepted to do Strictly instead; She would have settled in so well here but its not LA, Hollywood....
    Paula Deen with her racist history.....I guess now that she is going to step on the floor and dance we can all forget about that.... roll eyes.......SMH.....I hope Artem doesnt get her.
    That married couple on the show...something about them rubs me the wrong way; not buying whatever they are selling
    Of course Mark gets the Christian lady again....
    Keo is lucky to have been given another chance; really lucky
    Not a fan of Sasha but that poor guy deserved a pro spot this season; they keep doing him dirty.
    Look at Val with another potential great partner...

The predictability/manipulations on this show is something else.. and keep reaffirming my increasing disdain for this show :(:(. I know that reality tv is highly orchestrated but this show takes the cake.

I will probably watch some of the clips online (not giving Dwts any views :p ) and check Puredwts :D

Never got to say this but congratulations on Derek and Witney on their Emmy nominations.

Just peeping in to say hi to all the regulars who keep posting:) .

Keo has been lucky in a way but after his last 2 partners who I don't think anyone could have helped he deserves another chance

With Bindi being so short she should have been with Sasha not Derek and with at least 1 new male pro don't understand why Sasha wasn't made a pro

Hope Artem doesn't get Paula would prefer him and Emma on SCD tbh

Emma is unlucky because she could have got Andy if Peta had of pulled out when she first found out she couldn't do the show. Even though she isn't one of my fav (showmances Central & spotlight chaser) she is a very good dancer -when she wants to be and has been better the last 2 seasons mainly due to her focusing on dances-and her health is more important than DWTS. I hope she gets well soon.

Think it is a ok lineup so far Nick Carter and Chaka are fantastic signings but we will know all tomorrow. I will probably do what I did the last couple of seasons where I watch everyone the first couple of week then pick my favs and watch them for the rest unless something happens or it's Disney week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    There is an article on e online re pairings apparently they are paired due to height, size and personalities 😂😉

Yep. And apparently they like to ring the changes and give them different types of celebs to bring out a different side to the pros...😂😜
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. And apparently they like to ring the changes and give them different types of celebs to bring out a different side to the pros...😂😜

😂😂

Kristyn has been tweeting on DWTS 360 #plottwists apparently there is going to be some surprises so info so far is troupe is in LA Lindsey is on private jet to New York as of Victor's picture and pros scattered around USA, Andy and Allison are both in Minnesota and Val is in New York
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Oh Jesus, Gary Busey in as per Jimmy Kimmel.

This could be Widdie level bad :eek:
  • KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahaha, I was just coming to post the inclusion of Mr. Gary Busey in Season 21. The man is insane - but I can't wait to watch if I am honest...this has me excited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egwjwY4a2as

CAST -
    1. Gary Busey, 71, Academy Award-nominated actor (partnered by Lindsay Arnold).
    2. Paula Deen, 68, Celebrity chef & television host (partnered by ?).
    3. Chaka Khan, 62, Grammy Award-winning music icon (partnered by Keo Motsepe).
    4. Victor Espinoza, 43, Triple Crown-winning jockey (partnered by Karina Smirnoff).
    5. Kim Zolciak, 37, Reality television star (partnered by ?).
    6. Nick Carter, 35, Backstreet Boys singer (partnered by Sharna Burgess).
    7. Andy Grammer, 31, Singer-songwriter (partnered by Allison Holker).
    8. Alexa Penavega, 27, Film & television actress (partnered by Mark Ballas).
    9. Carlos Penavega, 26, Big Time Rush singer & actor (partnered by Witney Carson).
    10. Bindi Irwin, 17, Wildlife conservationist & actress (partnered by Derek Hough).
    11. Hayes Grier, 15, Vine & social media personality (partnered by Emma Slater).

(2 females left to be announced, and pros left to allocate are: Tony, Artem, Val and unknown).
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg I thought for sure Lindsay was Peta replacement:confused:...why couldn't they give him to her >:(:confused: Poor girl:( :(
    The first chance she gets as a pro in 5 seasons and they give her a duffer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna coming back for Gary? Is this true?

KB: A dancer returning. Redhead.

Feel bad for Lindsay as that puts her back in the troupe, but glad she doesn't have to go through the hell of working with Gary. Dunno why Allison couldn't though😏

Emma should have Andy, Lindsay with the little boy and Allison with Gary. Or be on the bench and Anna in to crack her whip.

Feels like this season is a mess already. I suppose things can only go up from here. Oh, wait! We still have a female celeb to find, plus Artem and Val to allocate and find out if Tony is in or someone new.....😕
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:o Gary Busey he is a nightmare he is not on this planet and volatile or at least he was on celebrity apprentice poor Lindsay :( she would be better on the troupe.

If Allison can't dance with someone without some kind of natural ability then she shouldn't be on the programme she is an amazing contemporary dancer but she shouldn't have taken a place from someone who can actually do their own ballroom choreography and who can teach ballroom, Riker was more a ballroom dancer than Allison. I would paired Emma and Andy and Hayes with Lindsay, Brittany who is the shortest girl and sadly been let go i would have paired with Victor as Karina is too tall for him I wouldn't have Gary on but if he has to be on I would put him with Karina as even though she is one of my favs she is the only one I think could handle him. Allison I would put on the troupe as I don't think she has the expertise to train a celeb. I understand why tptb hired Allison as she is such an amazing dancer, she has a lot of fans and she did a good job dancing with Riker but they have to almost favour her to make her look like she belongs on dwts and it isn't fair to the other female pros,

Louis is back according to twitter people have seen him at the announcement as well as Tony.

Another thing this is the 2nd September and dwts starts on 14th yet they are still trying to pair celeb and pros at this stage :confused:

Ok I just looked at dwts 360 reading between the lines

Lindsay has a celeb but not Gary or Victor
    Sound like Anna is back for Gary
    Allison's celeb didn't sign so they changed the pros after Peta's injury
    The 4 males pros are between Artem, Louis, Tony and Val and Val has meet his celeb
    There are possible 7 male celebs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chaos!!

Hopefully the info about 7 female celebs is correct or that would leave Artem out!

I wonder if Sharon Osborne is the last female (and requested Louis).

ETA: scrap that! Paula Deen and Tamar Braxton.

Same sex couple for Louis, perhaps!?

Someone called Alek Skarlatos is involved according to Pure.
    ETA: he's the guy that tackled a gunman on a train in France

Looks like Artem missing out then? :confused::(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have said this before and will probably say this again Artem shouldn't have left strictly 😞 hope he is on DWTS
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cast has now been officially announced, and includes -
    1. Gary Busey, 71, Academy Award-nominated actor (with Anna Trebunskaya).
    2. Paula Deen, 68, Celebrity chef & television host (with Louis van Amstel).
    3. Chaka Khan, 62, Grammy Award-winning R&B & funk icon (with Keo Motsepe).
    4. Victor Espinoza, 43, Triple Crown-winning jockey (with Karina Smirnoff).
    5. Tamar Braxton, 38, Grammy Award-nominated R&B singer (with Val Chmerkovskiy).
    6. Kim Zolciak, 37, Reality television star (with Tony Dovolani).
    7. Nick Carter, 35, Backstreet Boys singer (with Sharna Burgess).
    8. Andy Grammer, 31, Singer-songwriter (with Allison Holker).
    9. Alexa Penavega, 27, Film & television actress (with Mark Ballas).
    10. Carlos Penavega, 26, Big Time Rush singer & actor (with Witney Carson).
    11. Alek Skarlatos, 22, Legion of Honour recipient & guardsman (apprehended terrorist on train en-route to Paris) (with Lindsay Arnold).
    12. Bindi Irwin, 17, Wildlife conservationist, presenter & actress (with Derek Hough).
    13. Hayes Grier, 15, Vine & social media personality (with Emma Slater).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val and Tamar
    Louis and Paula
    Lindsay and Alek
    Tony and Kim
    Gary and Anna
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Artem! Wow...wonder if he wasn't happy to be with Paula? After Patti? So they got Louis?...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KiwiJay wrote: »
    No Artem! Wow...wonder if he wasn't happy to be with Paula? After Patti? So they got Louis?...

He had an elbow injury, so, who knows, maybe that's become a problem again. A part of me hopes he told them to stuff their show, but I don't want him unemployed either :(

Ack. oh, well. Save me having to watch this cr@p any more!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very disappointed by him being excluded. I will still watch because this is a pretty wonderful cast, but gutted for Artem!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He had an elbow injury, so, who knows, maybe that's become a problem again. A part of me hopes he told them to stuff their show, but I don't want him unemployed either :(

Ack. oh, well. Save me having to watch this cr@p any more!

No Artem :(

I have only been watching the dances and occasional vts the last few seasons it is amazing how short the show becomes without the judges waffle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KiwiJay wrote: »
    Very disappointed by him being excluded. I will still watch because this is a pretty wonderful cast, but gutted for Artem!

Well, enjoy it :p. For what it's worth, I think it's a pretty awful cast, but we're never all going to like the same stuff.

I reckon either Tony or Val's celeb didn't sign and Artem got bumped down. Second tier pro that he is....😏. No clue why Louis got drafted in over him unless Paula specifically wanted him. Kind of glad Artem doesn't have to dance with her though.