iPad users - Do you keep getting redirected to the App Store when browsing DS?

2»

Comments

• bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not when browsing DS, but there is a quiz site I use quite often, and that seems to randomly direct me to the app store.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. Just started happening today
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, never - so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've experienced this on my iPhone, someone told me it's the ads doing something called "forced clicks" which makes you go to the App Store? I don't know really to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digitalspy tonight keeps directing me to download a game named "game of war - fire age" in App Store. It is only happening on this websites and most annoying >:(
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Digitalspy tonight keeps directing me to download a game named "game of war - fire age" in App Store. It is only happening on this websites and most annoying >:(

It's happening to me too, I have messaged them so hopefully something will be done soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's happening to me too, I have messaged them so hopefully something will be done soon.

Lets hope they resolve soon, its making the website difficult to use :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Just a Nissan Qashqai. I've bought 14 of them so far, so these invasive adverts are clearly having the desired effect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets hope they resolve soon, its making the website difficult to use :(

I switched Java off and it stopped but it means I can't go on other sites without switching it back on. When it's happened in the past it only redirected once per session but this time it's happening every time I change the page :(
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,799
    Administrator
    Sorry guys,

Is this on our desktop version of the forums or mobile optimised version? Also guessing that you're using iPhone?

Thanks,
    DS
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm using Safari on an ipad, desktop version.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had it quite often. It's very annoying to be taken out of the application that you're in.

Another strange thing that keeps happening (it may be me) but when I go into Safari on my iPad sometimes I am taken to the Premium Bonds site. It may be totally unrelated to Digital Spy but I noticed they advertise on here a lot. It's not as big a inconvenience as that war game app.
  • VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using the mobile skin, in safari, on iphone and keep getting redirected to the App Store every few pages.