Options

The 2015 partnerships you DON'T want to see....

jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
Forum Member
✭✭
I'll start with the most obvious:

Pasha with anybody under 40
Kristina with anyone who is married:D

Yours?

Comments

• Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't impressed with either Ola or Brendan last series so I'd be disappointed to see either of them get good partners.....however, I've got a feeling they're both going to luck out this series - I think Ola probably will probably get Andre as many people have predicted on the predictions thread - I just hope we get to see some decent choreogphy from her.

Brendan is also in with a good chance of getting someone decent because it seems like a strong female cast - quite a lot of people seem to be putting him with Jamelia - apparently because she was a right, stroppy mare on another reality show, but that aside I doubt she'd be that much of a punishment for him because she seems young and fit and could have potential.

After being in the strictly wilderness for the last few years, I think it would be nice if Aliona had a shot with someone who looks like they have potential, so I hope she doesn't get an obvious early exit this year. I wouldn't put her with an obvious ringer because she's won before but someone she can have a good run with. So I think I'd put her with Anthony or Iwan if he's in the line up.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Ola with anyone likely to do well :p
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gleb & Helen because the thought alone is already causing me to get "Bread Of Heaven" stuck in my head.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin and a contender. No offence to him but if anyone is due a duffer, it's him.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody in the history of the show has ever been "due a duffer" more than Pasha is this year. Ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin and a contender. No offence to him but if anyone is due a duffer, it's him.

Pasha had been due a duffer way before Kevin had danced a single step on Strictly.

Tristan & Janette deserve contenders as does Natalie.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Nobody in the history of the show has ever been "due a duffer" more than Pasha is this year. Ever.

That's very true...I always forget him because Rachel turned out to be so bad, but on paper she should've been much better.
  • Options
    kattkatt Posts: 10,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin is due someone challenging and an older lady

Pasha is also due the same
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say both Kevin and Pasha are due duffers but the problem is there doesn't seem to be any obvious duffers in the female cast....Carole seems the obvious one being the oldest but she might turn out to be unexpectedly good and popular and I'd say she was too tall for either Kevin and Pasha anyway.
  • Options
    ADMRADMR Posts: 3,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Tristan and Natalie get someone that will be either a contender or at least a half way mark contestant
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeanette with anyone who can lift. Sorry, but she needs to up her often lazy choreography.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Jeanette with anyone who can lift. Sorry, but she needs to up her often lazy choreography.

Maybe she should get Anthony and his dodgy shoulder then...
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want to see Tristan, Gleb, Otille , Ola and Kristina with " mediocre " :blush::blush: dancers.
    Pasha is due a duffer.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone would think that Pasha kept on winning! I know he does well but surely there are some semi-duffers he has had?
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I don't want to see Tristan, Gleb, Otille , Ola and Kristina with " mediocre " :blush::blush: dancers.
    Pasha is due a duffer.

That's the thing with the ladies line up this year - unless there is a big surprise with the final name - there is no obvious duffer. Some will obviously be more capable than others and look set theorectically for a longer run but there's no glaring dud. Even Anton might have to give more than a nod in the direction of the Latin section!
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    That's the thing with the ladies line up this year - unless there is a big surprise with the final name - there is no obvious duffer. Some will obviously be more capable than others and look set theorectically for a longer run but there's no glaring dud. Even Anton might have to give more than a nod in the direction of the Latin section!

I was thinking the same, suspect he may get Carole as she is quite tall.

One other pairing I really do not want to see is Helen George with Kevin. She is 5'7" so hopefully that is out.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want Anton to get any of the good women - which probably leaves him with either Katie or Carol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »

To be fair, she had Jake who wasn't really the most naturally gifted dancer, so she played to his strengths as it were.....a few of their dances got the most YouTube views so she created some memorable routines for him.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    To be fair, she had Jake who wasn't really the most naturally gifted dancer, so she played to his strenghs as it were.....a few of their dances got the most YouTube views so she created some memorable routines for him.

Her Salsa was Jake was their most memorable dance, and although she taught the routine to Jake very well the same routine was her SYTYCD audition. I'd like her to be paired with a celeb she can't just apply her favourite routines to.

But I also don't want her to be paired with one of the giants because she's only diddy. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her Salsa was Jake was their most memorable dance, and although she taught the routine to Jake very well the same routine was her SYTYCD audition. I'd like her to be paired with a celeb she can't just apply her favourite routines to.

But I also don't want her to be paired with one of the giants because she's only diddy. :p

Most of the people who watch strictly unless they bother to look it up on YouTube won't have seen Janette's SYTCD audition.

Regular watchers of strictly will, however see Ola regularly churning out pivots, starfish and knee slides for her male celebrities or Kristina especially when she gets a tall celeb often resorting to them lifting and throwing her around.
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ADMR wrote: »
    I hope Tristan and Natalie get someone that will be either a contender or at least a half way mark contestant

Same here. It's about time they both got someone decent to show off their exceptional abilities. Totally agree with you.
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katt wrote: »
    Kevin is due someone challenging and an older lady

Pasha is also due the same

Oh yes! I'd Kevvy baby to get a dragon please. His fake luvviedom is hideous and he needs a slap down.

Don't care about Pasha. I am sure he's a sweet man, but I miss Artem and Pasha just does not have that edge or style. Pasha can have Carol. I think she may be hefty on her feet :D
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Peter & Kristina
    Katie & Anton
    Ainsley & Otlile
    Jamelia & Tristan
    Helen & Brendan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Anyone would think that Pasha kept on winning! I know he does well but surely there are some semi-duffers he has had?

Series 9 Chelsee Healey
    Series 10 Kimberley Walsh
    Series 11 Rachel Riley
    Series 12 Caroline Flack

Rachel was good on paper but turned into a somewhat duffer. Apart from that, he has reached three finals in four years with women under 36.

Time to get the oldest contestant on show.:D
  • Options
    LamballeLamballe Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Kristina with Peter would be the worst, but I don't want her anywhere near Jay or Anthony either.

Also I'd be miffed if Helen was with Anton or Brendan. Truly. What a waste that would be.