BBC News: Car Share

Mass CoronaMass Corona Posts: 718
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm currently watching a reporter driving around a Labour Leader contender and conducting a full interview with her.

How and in what way is this in any way safe? You are meant to be giving your full concentration to the road, not carrying out an in depth political interview.

Comments

• Jack_MatthewsJack_Matthews Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I'm currently watching a reporter driving around a Labour Leader contender and conducting a full interview with her.

How and in what way is this in any way safe? You are meant to be giving your full concentration to the road, not carrying out an in depth political interview.

When you have a passenger in the car do you sit in total silence? No radio or music either?
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And it looks like a rip-off of Robert Llewellyn's "Carpool" also.
  • Mass CoronaMass Corona Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you have a passenger in the car do you sit in total silence? No radio or music either?

Well lots of people take drugs but should the BBC be promoting that as normal safe behaviour?

And chatting and holding a political interview is two very different things.

Fact is that you shouldn't be doing anything that takes attention away from driving.
  • Jack_MatthewsJack_Matthews Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Well lots of people take drugs but should the BBC be promoting that as normal safe behaviour?

Fact is that you shouldn't be doing anything that takes attention away from driving.

I think you should write a very stiff complaint. On cardboard.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Interviewing someone is very different from chatting to a normal passenger. I would say that it is as dangerous as making a mobile phone call.
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Now, when I saw the title of this thread, why did I think it would be about Peter Kay? :)
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is says more about the Leadership contenders that they will do these rubbish interviews in the first place.
  • SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The unspoken danger here is the poor soundman and camera operator, hanging onto the bonnet.
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,427
    Forum Member

Christ, the hours must fly by in your company...

Thank god I won't be round for Christmas - it'd be entirely fun-free.
  • Jackisback24Jackisback24 Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    Now, when I saw the title of this thread, why did I think it would be about Peter Kay? :)

So did I. Was hoping that we were getting Breaking News that a second series was coming on. But nope not today!!
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,201
    Forum Member
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    Christ, the hours must fly by in your company...

Thank god I won't be round for Christmas - it'd be entirely fun-free.

Wow! That was constructive.

I can be sarcastic too!
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    So did I. Was hoping that we were getting Breaking News that a second series was coming on. But nope not today!!

Yes, that's right - second series and DVD release of the first one!
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were they listening to Forever FM and having a sing-a-long?
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you think that's dangerous, don't watch this:

Singing is even more dangerous