Options

The Bill (Drama Pace)

Comments

• Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The late Lynda Bellingham, i forgot she was in it.
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio Times is running a poll for the best ITV programme if anyone fancies voting for The Bill! No doubt Coronation Street will win!

http://www.radiotimes.com/win/vote-for-your-favourite-itv-show/384.html
  • Options
    Night OwlNight Owl Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    How much longer do we have to put up with this Kent nonsense? >:(
  • Options
    highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Night Owl wrote: »
    How much longer do we have to put up with this Kent nonsense? >:(

Well we're currently on July 2004 original transmissions. Kent's final episode is in October 2005. So a wee while yet! :D

Bearing in mind we're getting it 5 times a week it won't be as long as it seems!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised they had to include the 'warning' of the content of the episode on the 11.40pm broadcast tonight. I'm sure there was no warning when it originally went out at 8pm on ITV!!!

I'm guessing they only do one link for all transmissions and felt they had to give the warning for the early morning broadcast.

Why does this bug me so much? :D
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's round about now I started to go off The Bill when it was on originally. I couldn't stand the whole Gabriel Kent shite. He was like a moustache twirling panto villain. It was endless nonsense.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    It's round about now I started to go off The Bill when it was on originally. I couldn't stand the whole Gabriel Kent shite. He was like a moustache twirling panto villain. It was endless nonsense.

So it wasn't all Green & Whites fault then ? :p:D

Just read on the soap forums that " Scott Neal " ( Luke Ashton ) is joining Eastenders
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,080
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised they had to include the 'warning' of the content of the episode on the 11.40pm broadcast tonight. I'm sure there was no warning when it originally went out at 8pm on ITV!!!

I'm guessing they only do one link for all transmissions and felt they had to give the warning for the early morning broadcast.

Why does this bug me so much? :D

What was in the content that warranted a warning? I'm watching the repeat on Sunday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What was in the content that warranted a warning? I'm watching the repeat on Sunday.

That it was a rape storyline. I don't think it needed a warning!

Like I said, all of these episodes originally went out pre-watershed.
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I started to go off The Bill in 2003, but it was this point where I started to consider stop watching the show altogether. The Kent nonsense, coupled with the Radford storyline was the final nail for me.

I only continued onwards years later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That it was a rape storyline. I don't think it needed a warning!

Like I said, all of these episodes originally went out pre-watershed.

Oh, that's a bit unnecessary after the watershed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I started to go off The Bill in 2003, but it was this point where I started to consider stop watching the show altogether. The Kent nonsense, coupled with the Radford storyline was the final nail for me.

I only continued onwards years later.

I think was the time I stopped watching it, after the Kent crap! I didn't go back to it either, it had got way too ridiculous and soapy and it was no longer an unmissable show for me. Is started getting a bit fed up with it earlier than that but I'd carried on. All those various Kerry storylines got on my t!ts as well!

Didn't it start getting better again a year or two before it was axed? I heard it had started to improve.
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It started improving in late 2005, with the arrival of Johnathan Young as Executive Producer. The Kent stuff was wrapped up very quickly after that, along with all of the other mad soap plots.

I'm watching 2007 on the DVDs at the moment and whilst it's an improvement, the show never fully returns to it's former glory - or at least it hasn't yet. Though it's more down to earth, the writing just isn't as good as before and there's too much dramatic license as far as police procedure is concerned. The format works against it too - I don't think it really worked having 2 unrelated police cases being investigated per standalone episode.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jerome Taylor's girlfriend was played by Freema Agyeman who used to be in Doctor Who
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think was the time I stopped watching it, after the Kent crap! I didn't go back to it either, it had got way too ridiculous and soapy and it was no longer an unmissable show for me. Is started getting a bit fed up with it earlier than that but I'd carried on. All those various Kerry storylines got on my t!ts as well!

Didn't it start getting better again a year or two before it was axed? I heard it had started to improve.

I thought 2008 was a very strong year for the show, without giving anything away. Its my favourite year of the show's latter period. The stories were strong and the characters decent, with some brilliant multi parters. I thought 2008 was the closest the show got to recapturing the golden period of 1999-2000 again.

I'm watching 1994 on DVD at the moment, and loving the half hour episodes. Not been one dud episode yet. I've given up on the Drama episodes, I've lost interest in this period of the show. Gabriel Kent and Kerry Young annoy me too much.

I thought 2002 was brilliant, 2003 was still good in places with some decent episodes, but late 2003/early 2004 the show really loses it for me. I'll look forward to discussing the episodes on here when it gets to Johnathan Young's era.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was the result when George Galloway sued the makers of the when he claimed that the character of a dodgy MP with links to the Middle East was based on him??
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    What was the result when George Galloway sued the makers of the when he claimed that the character of a dodgy MP with links to the Middle East was based on him??

I think that episode has been permanently omitted and can never be shown due to Galloway suing. I don't think it's ever been repeated, not since its original showing on ITV.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Those episodes (Moving Target) are on Dailymotion. S23E82 83 & 84
  • Options
    Kay_ElKay_El Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Fizzbin wrote: »

isn't this series 20?
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Kay_El wrote: »
    isn't this series 20?

I was talking about the episodes George Galloway tried to ban.
  • Options
    Kay_ElKay_El Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I was talking about the episodes George Galloway tried to ban.

I'll put my glasses on next time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that episode has been permanently omitted and can never be shown due to Galloway suing. I don't think it's ever been repeated, not since its original showing on ITV.

That's a shame as anything that annoys that pompous, self-centred eejit is fine by me

Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I hear "The Radfords" one more time I'll scream >:(

And this vendetta Jerome Taylor and Rob Thatcher have against Okaro is getting very tiresome.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched one the other day. Why was Meadows in uniform? I thought he was head of the CID?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watched one the other day. Why was Meadows in uniform? I thought he was head of the CID?

Which one? I must've missed an episode!