Options

Moments in games that really frustrated you

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,669
Forum Member
✭✭✭
1) Heavenly Sword. I absolutely could not beat the last boss, it drove me nuts!! *hangs head in shame*

2) The gorilla sinew quest in WoW. If you've done it you'll know what I'm talking about. I think I must have wiped out all the gorillas in STV several times over to get that thing.

3) The mission in GTA: San Andreas where you have to chase and kill someone on a motorbike. I had to restart that mission so many times because I kept crashing.

4) Call of Duty: World at War when I loaded it up to complete the final level to discover that my save file was corrupted and I had to do it all over again :mad:

Comments

• Options
    ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mooby~ wrote: »
    3) The mission in GTA: San Andreas where you have to chase and kill someone on a motorbike. I had to restart that mission so many times because I kept crashing.

The mission that annoyed me the most was the misson where you had to follow the reporter but if he suspected you were following he would call off the meeting he was going to. The annoying thing was that fact that even if you were in the undergound station and he was at the top level if you went to the second set of stais were he could not see you but you went a bit to close he would suspect you. How? How could he suspect you?! He couldn't even see you :mad:!! Plus any mission involving catalina, I am sure they made her voice to be annoying to distract you...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    God of War 1 - The revolving pillars covered in spikes in the Hades level. Sometimes i swear it didn't even touch me but it sent me tumbling back down to the bottom anyway.

Counter Strike - Some noob team killing you within the first 10 seconds meaning you're spectating for the next 5-10 minutes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    San Andreas - The mission where you're in the RC plane and have to blow the vehicles up. To this day that's the only mission I've never completed.

Killzone 2 - The part where you're on the train. I can't do that part either. Also, there's the part where you're assaulting the front of the palace. That took me so many tries.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Heavenly Sword. I absolutely could not beat the last boss, it drove me nuts!! *hangs head in shame*

Joins you in shame:D Could not do that for the life of me! Went back several times over a few months as in general I love the game, but that part really peed me off! - Would have another go but don't want to break the controller by slamming it against the wall :D
  • Options
    ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig // wrote: »
    San Andreas - The mission where you're in the RC plane and have to blow the vehicles up. To this day that's the only mission I've never completed.

What annoyed me was that I spent so long trying to complete that only to be told that you didn't have to complete it to advance in the game and I had wasted a lot of time trying to.
  • Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forza 3, as amazing as a game it is annoys me when racing and the AI cars just clip you behind to send you into a spin. It happens much too often!

:) Mark
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention LittleBigPlanet. I gave up in disgust at one of the Japanese levels. Every time I tried to make this jump I just fell off the edge even though I SWEAR I pressed the X button! And there's a bit where you have to run along a row of tall wooden planks and every time I did it I'd just slide down one of the gaps and die.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On GTA3 the last mission on the first island where 8-Ball is running onto a boat and you have to sniper people so he can get through wound me up something chronic. In the end I used a cheat to slow down time so I can take my time with it :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    MGS 2 At the end, trying to kill loads of metal gear ray's , just couldnt do it, with 3 or 4 coming at you at the 1 time, on extreme, was hard as f**k!!! lol , got through it though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I gave up on Heavenly Sword after trying to beat the Flying Fox and failing.

Uncharted 1, I can't get past the bit where the plane has crashed and you have to get through to the next stage. What an irritating game that is. You need to shoot the enemies in the head at least 5 times, yet they so much as look at you and you're on the floor,lol.

LBP The Bunker!!!! I can do it fine now, but at first that was so hard. The Japanese levels were a pain too. Love that game tho'.

Oh and agree with the post above about GOW 1 and the pillars, that was hard, what a relief to get to the top:)

Just bought Assassins Creed 2 and have to say, so far so good......................
  • Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mario Kart Wii, first place, miles ahead on last lap. Blue shell... Finish 6th.... RAGE!!!
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to agree on the littleBigPlanet one. I have Platinum on it now but it was a frustrating time getting there. Loads of folk who know no better say, kids game, its easy, etc etc. Try to get everything and ace every level in it though. It will take some time and hair pulling out. Respect to my fellow Platinumees on this one !!!
  • Options
    sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gears of War 2 - i was frustrated at the final boss in the game!

After one of the best SP campaigns i have ever experienced i was so let down and frustrated how easy the final boss was!!:(:mad:
  • Options
    STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    luigi's purple coins!!
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That had me swearing at my TV in a furious rage when I first tried it (& several attempts after).

I went back to it the following day, though, & beat him first time without dying. Can't remember how... the right combos & blocks I guess.
    She_Rah wrote: »
    Uncharted 1, I can't get past the bit where the plane has crashed and you have to get through to the next stage. What an irritating game that is. You need to shoot the enemies in the head at least 5 times, yet they so much as look at you and you're on the floor,lol.

LBP The Bunker!!!! I can do it fine now, but at first that was so hard. The Japanese levels were a pain too. Love that game tho'.

Uncharted - Which difficulty? And...USE COVER ALL THE TIME!

LBP - I HATED The Bunker. I had to get someone from DS (errol, IIRC) come on & complete it with me on co-op.

General RAAM on Gears of War 1: Tried & tried & tried. Had to do it co-op in the end.

GTA IV final mission:

Hated the boat where you took on Dmitri (?). Took me several goes. Eventually, I repeatedly saved my game to make it daytime, which helped a lot (easier than playing than when it's dark in the game!). And I just took it easier, used cover LOADS, & did it without issue.

The section with the mob boss pissed me off, after that. Car chase / tail, shoot out, another shoot out, only to then mess up the bike (?) chase repeatedly. Again, I did it eventually, but it really irritated me.
  • Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    Sonic and Knuckles Sandapolis zone

Theres a bit where you ride down "sand falls" and you went round and round and round in circles for ages before you realized what you where you were to go. Even today it doesn't make sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeNhr2zdWzI

The special Stage in Sonic 2. Tails is such a hindrance , Sonic dodges the spikes but Tails lags behind and hits them making you lose all your coins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXRq9uYTez4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Got to agree on the littleBigPlanet one. I have Platinum on it now but it was a frustrating time getting there. Loads of folk who know no better say, kids game, its easy, etc etc. Try to get everything and ace every level in it though. It will take some time and hair pulling out. Respect to my fellow Platinumees on this one !!!

I said that until I actually played it and found out its one of the hardest f****** games ever. I smashed a controller in anger over the MGS DLC for it.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    The mission in GTA: Vice City where you had to smash all the windows in the mall. I just couldn't do it in time. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and ANY timed or water mission :mad:
    MGS2 swimming with Emma on your back trying to get to an air vent or the other end before she drowns :mad:
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of MGS levels done me head in, including the psychomantis swappycontrol port thing on the ps1. And the wolfy one on the xbox i think

the end of killzone 2, but Ithought kz2 was shit in its entireity....

The snowmobile bit on MW2 was fun but I always always always messed up the big jump at the end.

SFII on the PS3 the finalboss that kept morphinginto other doods :mad:

God, there's loads I'm quite shit at gaming :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate times missions. The water ones ain't too bad for me.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mission 'The Driver' in GTA: Vice City, where you had to beat Hilary in a race so he'd join your heist gang. You had to drive a car with rubbish handling and end up with the cops chasing you. I could get really far ahead of Hillary, then crash turning a corner, and suddenly he miraculously could overtake me! I think he gets killed during the heist, so that really was a waste of time for the player. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Great Pyramid in Tomb Raider Anniversary. It should have been easy, but it took me about 100 attempts to do it. For some reason despite watching videos and reading the walkthrough I just could not get the hang of it.

When I finally cracked it the whole street could hear me celebrating.

That was when it came out, I played it again recently and did it the third time. My daughter did it first time :mad::D
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Worms,

lining up the perfect shot only for it to fail. then the cpu lands a perfect hit from across the map EVERY SINGLE TIME.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mile High Club.