127 hOURS

Comments

• boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Watched it this afternoon, quite an experience. It went much faster than I expected!

You really feel the frustrations when you watch it and the sense of relief when he's finally free is quite strange considering what has just preceeded it!
    The 'removal' is handled exceptionally well, neither gratuitous or lightweight in its delivery and very unsettling to view.
    Enjoyable isn't the word but highly recommended.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it is not in the same genre as 127 hours
    but Disney's Tangled was released on the 24th of Nov 2010

it is not released in the UK until the 28th January

in the interim period between the two it is released in
    Kazakhstan 25 November 2010
    Malaysia 25 November 2010
    Russia 25 November 2010
    Singapore 25 November 2010 (3-D version)
    Indonesia 26 November 2010
    Italy 26 November 2010
    Mexico 26 November 2010
    Poland 26 November 2010
    Venezuela 26 November 2010
    Belgium 1 December 2010
    Egypt 1 December 2010
    France 1 December 2010
    Netherlands 1 December 2010
    Switzerland 1 December 2010 (French speaking region)
    Hungary 2 December 2010
    Kuwait 2 December 2010
    Singapore 2 December 2010 (2-D version)
    Bulgaria 3 December 2010
    Austria 8 December 2010
    Germany 9 December 2010
    Switzerland 9 December 2010 (German speaking region)
    Portugal 16 December 2010
    Slovakia 16 December 2010
    Ukraine 16 December 2010
    Australia 19 December 2010 (limited)
    Turkey 24 December 2010
    Argentina 6 January 2011
    Australia 6 January 2011
    Greece 6 January 2011
    New Zealand 6 January 2011
    Brazil 7 January 2011
    Romania 7 January 2011
    Estonia 21 January 2011
    Iceland 21 January 2011
    Slovenia 27 January 2011
    Lithuania 28 January 2011

It is not as though the film has to be dubbed into a foreign language or subtitled! FFFFFFS Kazakhstan gets it before us.

It's was released on wednesday
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went into the film thinking it would be good but wouldn't really have any effect on me..but boy was i wrong! Seriously amazing! The final 10 minutes gave me shivers! Will be sending everyone i know to see it and i think i will watch a 2nd time :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as I was expecting, it's a seriously over hyped film.
    A lot of it in honestly I found pretty boring and predictable, the part that was supposed to be really shocking and graphic didn't really bother me and usually with that particular kind of scene I cringe or look away.
    I preferred the soundtrack and the set locations that featured some beautiful scenery, the rest of it I didn't think was all that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it the other day, I really liked it. The gory visuals didn't bother me too much, it was the breaking bone sound that got me :-o I think someone in our screen stood up to leave and then fainted, they definitely fell over anyway.
  • shauryashaurya Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Awesome movie ! Love it simply.
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Just got back from seeing this. Found it surprisingly moving especially the last few minutes. James Franco is excellent and completely keeps you in the story.

The arm bit was fine by the way if that is putting anyone off - its only about 5 minutes a bit grim but its not that bad - unless the sight of blood makes you faint!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Literally everyone in the cinema was squirming and cringing at THAT bit (except me...i must be desensitized or something, lol).

I can't recall anyone being bothered by that scene when I was it. It wasn't as graphic as I'd expected.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a good film

I think he could of survived longer before he cut his arm off though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    It was a good film

I think he could of survived longer before he cut his arm off though.

Probably not with dehydration kicking in and also probable infection of original wound.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably not with dehydration kicking in and also probable infection of original wound.

Yeah I forgot about the wound but if worst came to worst he could of drank his wee. Then again he probably wouldn't of had the strength to amputate his are if he left too long.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    im half way through it

but iv a Q were did he poo??
    Forum Member
    one thing i loved was the directing and location shots

the last 10 mins was the best part the score was really powerful and definatly added to the movie

its not something id sit through agan and again though
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cinema was flinching through the amputation scene. My mate looked like he was struggling. I was leaning forward in my chair with my eyes glued to the screen. The sound design in the film made it seem far worse that you actually saw. Great film though I agree with the post above that it's not a film you'd want to watch again in a hurry. Hello.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    Just got back from seeing this. Found it surprisingly moving especially the last few minutes. James Franco is excellent and completely keeps you in the story.

The arm bit was fine by the way if that is putting anyone off - its only about 5 minutes a bit grim but its not that bad - unless the sight of blood makes you faint!

5 minutes? I re-watched the scene online and it's just over a minute.
    Cinema was flinching through the amputation scene. My mate looked like he was struggling. I was leaning forward in my chair with my eyes glued to the screen. The sound design in the film made it seem far worse that you actually saw. Great film though I agree with the post above that it's not a film you'd want to watch again in a hurry. Hello.

I saw it with my mate too and neither of us were bothered by that scene. I don't think anyone else in the cinema was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    So a guy gets stuck and has to free himself by cutting something off - how is there a whole movie in this???? I understand it's based on a true story and the person it actually happened to has all my sympathy, but I really fail to see why a movie needed to be made about it. Did anyone see that film about the guy who got his arm stuck in a tractor and had to cut it off with a penknife? No? That's because a movie wasn't made about it. Yet that is also a true story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a guy gets stuck and has to free himself by cutting something off - how is there a whole movie in this???? I understand it's based on a true story and the person it actually happened to has all my sympathy, but I really fail to see why a movie needed to be made about it. Did anyone see that film about the guy who got his arm stuck in a tractor and had to cut it off with a penknife? No? That's because a movie wasn't made about it. Yet that is also a true story.

I remember hearing about that Tractor guy, there's other similar events as well. Most it is just filled with a few flashbacks and some old ad sequences, but overall seriously overrated. I personally can't see why people would want to watch it over and over again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh I'm gonna agree with the people saying it was overrated, it wasn't as good as I thought it would be and I was quite bored in some parts, it was an allright film.
    Forum Member
    I remember hearing about that Tractor guy, there's other similar events as well. Most it is just filled with a few flashbacks and some old ad sequences, but overall seriously overrated. I personally can't see why people would want to watch it over and over again.

the tractor guy could be next inline for a movie you never know
    it could be out next year called "a farmers struggle"lol

with hollywood it wouldt suprise me theyd just fill it with scenerys of sheep and cows and hollywood will add twists like he lures a cow over then kills the cow to eat to survive:D

i mean we had
    just ryan reynolds in a box
    just james franco in a cave
    whats next:confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    the tractor guy could be next inline for a movie you never know
    it could be out next year called "a farmers struggle"lol

with hollywood it wouldt suprise me theyd just fill it with scenerys of sheep and cows and hollywood will add twists like he lures a cow over then kills the cow to eat to survive:D

i mean we had
    just ryan reynolds in a box
    just james franco in a cave
    whats next:confused::D

haha :D
    The next film could involve being in a box inside a cave under a farm :p
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So a guy gets stuck and has to free himself by cutting something off - how is there a whole movie in this????
    There isn't, obviously. The best parts of the movie are the beginning, when he gets stuck, (imo the only OMG moment) when he gets unstuck and the last 10 minutes.

The middle is padding consisting of his fantasies set to a bizarre soundtrack - Plastic Bertrand and the song from the Tetleys ad stuck out for me. I like the song at the start and the Dido song that played over the end credits.
    Forum Member
    haha :D
    The next film could involve being in a box inside a cave under a farm :p

now that would be actually intresting i would pay to see that:D
  • The-SalfordianThe-Salfordian Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    eduble wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this yet?

Is it any good?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1542344/

A mountain climber becomes trapped under a boulder while canyoneering alone near Moab, Utah and resorts to desperate measures in order to survive.

Director: Danny Boyle
    Writers: Danny Boyle (screenplay), Simon Beaufoy (screenplay), and 1 more credit »
    Stars: James Franco, Amber Tamblyn and Kate Mara

Funny I watched it today because of the good reviews at IMDB and what a mistatake. It was one of the most boring films I've seen.

Lets be honest though the film is about a guy stuck in a hole :yawn:

A man stuck in a hole and it cost them $18 million to make :eek:
    Forum Member
    ohglobbits wrote: »
    There isn't, obviously. The best parts of the movie are the beginning, when he gets stuck, (imo the only OMG moment) when he gets unstuck and the last 10 minutes.

The middle is padding consisting of his fantasies set to a bizarre soundtrack - Plastic Bertrand and the song from the Tetleys ad stuck out for me. I like the song at the start and the Dido song that played over the end credits.

i agree the movies mostly padding even the opening credits were padded:D but the cinemotography was lush least it was nice to look at lol
    the sex fantasies and other bizarre stuff just bored me really
    then the talk show bit was really annoying

the best part was the last 15mins they should have just made it 1:15mins that woulda been passable with not as much fluff IMO
    the 1st 30 mins -introduction - fun with them 2 chicks
    the 2nd 30mins -then geting stuck-trapped
    15mins-starting to cut-rescue
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    i agree the movies mostly padding even the opening credits were padded:D but the cinemotography was lush least it was nice to look at lol
    the sex fantasies and other bizarre stuff just bored me really
    then the talk show bit was really annoying

the best part was the last 15mins they should have just made it 1:15mins that woulda been passable with not as much fluff IMO
    the 1st 30 mins -introduction - fun with them 2 chicks
    the 2nd 30mins -then geting stuck-trapped
    15mins-starting to cut-rescue
    Perhaps he could have done more with Scooby Doo....trapped in a rock, vulnerable.....
    or is that too bizarre? I know it's definitely wrong :p