Options

EastEnders | 3/1/14 | Will Johnny B. Goode and come clean to Mick?

Comments

• Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree about Linda. In my opinion since 2006 only two newish characters are in what you can call the iconic bracket, that's Stacey and Ronnie. Linda will join them. I have no doubts about that. I hope they have Kellie Bright locked on a long term deal because she is too good to let slip away.

I was the one looking forward to Kellie the most, and i thought she would fit in EE so well esp in the Queen Vic, she has the classic old feel to it and also i kinda saw that classic old feel in the Only Fools and Horses prequel Rock and Chips, where she played Del's mum, and she was one the best things about the show to be honest

Should make a thread about her lol
  • Options
    Dan_1983Dan_1983 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode. Brilliant scene between Mick and Johnny. Kat and Alfie stuff bored me.
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eastenders is so good at the minute, i think it will remain this way when DTC is in charge. Love all the Carters, best family since the MAsoods :D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    Blimey, it's lovely to see EE getting good praise, thanks for that Dan. :)
    Yep.
    Not one bad/sarcastic comment either tonight :o
    I was expecting to see some of those Bigots doing the rounds but nothing.:)
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Started watching EE again at Christmas after about a ten year break. The Carters are excellent. They feel like a real family and those scenes with Mick and Johnny were very good - Sam Strike seems very natural and impressive so early in his run.
  • Options
    Seamus2008Seamus2008 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only going to echo what was previously said but tonight's episode was simply fantastic. Well written, understated yet outstanding acting from all involved, especially Kelly Bright, Danny Dyer and Sam Strike. Oh and that final scene was beautiful. Linda's reaction doesn't surprise me, she'll find it hard at first but I'm sure she'll come round, she only wants her kids to be happy. Anyway, I really can't wait to see how they're going to deal with this next week. Johnny is fast becoming my favourite new Carter. And Danny Pennant cares about him, who would have guessed it, hey?

I'm happy for Kat and Alfie. Kat's reaction was quite funny. As long as they stay together this time, I'll be happy.

Who the hell was Peter calling? Even though it can't happen, I'm hoping Jane. I've actually missed her and her reaction to seeing Ian and Denise dating would be priceless I guess. :D
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    Perfect. Just perfect. Thank you EastEnders for telling this story.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree with the majority. That was an extremely well written and well acted final scene. Both actors have fast become my favourite Carters. Still not sure I want to see Johnny and Danny together. Danny seems far too predatory and Johnny not only looks a lot younger but also seems a lot younger emotionally. I might be proved wrong though. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    You know what? I was thinking exactly the same. I've loved this week and I haven't been able to say that for a long time. I was a bit "meh" about the Carters but, they really are a breath of fresh air to the show.

ive watched more enders episodes in the last week, than ive watched in the last five years. its been very good - scene of the week? Sharon and dot - simple, funny scene, wonderfully acted
  • Options
    wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Hell, is it really just 8 days since we met the Carters? Apart from their very first episodes, I don't think I've ever seen a new family so quickly and well established. I was blubbing, and I barely know them yet!

Welcome back EastEnders - old EastEnders, proper.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,303
    Forum Member
    You know me so well Dan :D:p

It sounds really good tonight, I really like Johnny, he is so adorable, bet he is going to get so much girl fan mail. :D and Dan & Scrabbler stalking him ;-) :p

Far too young for me, but he is adorable. :)
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Far too young for me, but he is adorable. :)

He could turn me ;-) :D:p
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have missed Gritty issue led Eastenders soooo much and a big welcome back!

it just goes to show how absolutely vital good writing and characterisation is. a massive massive well done to DTC and Daran Little and also Danny and Sam were outstanding

if this episode doesnt win an award ill be disgusted. One of the best episodes i've seen in years
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He could turn me ;-) :D:p

Are you dyslexic and your name is actually Tina? A bit of wine or some sunflowers and you are anybodies! :D
  • Options
    OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Colour me stupid - just got the 'Sid/Johnny & Nancy’ reference. Doh! Just realised who Shirley was talking about when she mentioned the boy.

Double Doh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have missed Gritty issue led Eastenders soooo much and a big welcome back!

it just goes to show how absolutely vital good writing and characterisation is. a massive massive well done to DTC and Daran Little and also Danny and Sam were outstanding

if this episode doesnt win an award ill be disgusted. One of the best episodes i've seen in years

It's good that easties is getting back on track, but I will miss taking the piss out of it too! :D
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Are you dyslexic and your name is actually Tina? A bit of wine or some sunflowers and you are anybodies! :D

Lmao :D I am actually dyslexic as well :D:p

I find Johnny/Sam really cute, he just has one of them faces, you just want to hug him. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny is so sweet and adorable, that final scene was amazing omg
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

You said a similar thing to me yesterday. Get some new lines :D:D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode, outdone themselves tonight, very emotional and well written, exactly the EE we want and need.

I think Danny Dyer surprised a lot of people.

Well Done.
  • Options
    nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing how things can change so quickly. The casting is so much better now too - the Carter's acting is in such a different league to the Moon brothers or Joey/Alice.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, it's lovely to see EE getting good praise, thanks for that Dan. :)

Must say that ending was very touching and made me cry a bit. still not keen on Linda though.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wildangel wrote: »
    Hell, is it really just 8 days since we met the Carters? Apart from their very first episodes, I don't think I've ever seen a new family so quickly and well established. I was blubbing, and I barely know them yet!

Welcome back EastEnders - old EastEnders, proper.

I was thinking the same thing - it hasn't even been two weeks and I care more about them than I do many characters who have been about for years.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    That episode was nigh on perfect and much of that is down to the writer....he did a great job.:)

Every one of actors playing the Carters were fantastic, but special mention to Danny and Sam for those last scenes.

I half thought Kat might be expecting more than one baby, at least it isn't quads :o Their shocked reaction was so realistic.:D

Poor Ian...all too often he's got he's priorities wrong.:( I wonder if he'll start to change. ( I won't hold my breath :))

Now we have two Nancys ;-) it could get very confusing.:o
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nigel12 wrote: »
    It's amazing how things can change so quickly. The casting is so much better now too - the Carter's acting is in such a different league to the Moon brothers or Joey/Alice.

Oh god!! don't remind me how awful those Moon's were. I still cringe at that scene where Eddie confronted Michael with Tyler and Anthony pulling weird faces and looking like gormless assholes in the background! EE at its lowest ever!! thank god those days are over!!!