Loose Women facing a panel shake-up or getting a new format?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Jesus, Myleene and Jamelia today...they're really spoiling us :(
    Wow.

How on earth did they get Jesus on the show?!
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    Wow.

How on earth did they get Jesus on the show?!

Bit of a coup really, especially with Easter coming up ;-)
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Patsy Kensit will be a guest panellist on Monday.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    Despite the panel being rubbish today, I like not having the celebrity guests on every day. They are talking more serious issues, with the neck nominate thing today, the cancer campaign girl the other day, I much prefer this as a format.

I hate the studio so I would change that. Split it into two, moving the desk and making it smaller to do the bulk of the show but have a round sofa area to do the interviews, using just the anchor and one panellist.

But obviously the panel needs changing.

Anchors: Kaye & Ruth
    Regular Panelists: Coleen, Janet, Jane, Nadia
    Rotating Panelists: (in my head) Claire Richards, Alex Polizzi and Emma Willis.

Have a female guest panelist on a Monday, maybe a male guest panelist on Fridays too.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this today, actually made me shout at the TV before switching it over.

They had some woman on who's daughter got dangerously drunk and was in hospital & in the same breath she said "She had drunk enough alcohol to kill her and had to be watched by nurses every 15 minutes. She could have died" then said "She had the worst hangover for 3 days and I didn't give her any paracetamol" - really doesn't sound like she cares for her daughters health returning but teaching her daughter a lesson.

If anyone I knew was at death's door no matter what caused it or how stupid it was, I'd give them anything at all to ease their pain. Getting some one back to health as quick as possible is more important than awareness and lessons. Then Andrea chirps in "I'm a great believer in embarrassing someone into learning"

What horrible people. Either the daughter was close to death or she wasn't and you're just being dramatic to raise awareness of how bad alcohol can be.

I do appreciate this show as it makes me appreciate and love that I wouldn't take a single advice from these ladies and I'm nothing like them, that gives me ease.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member

They had some woman on who's daughter got dangerously drunk and was in hospital & in the same breath she said "She had drunk enough alcohol to kill her and had to be watched by nurses every 15 minutes. She could have died" then said "She had the worst hangover for 3 days and I didn't give her any paracetamol" - really doesn't sound like she cares for her daughters health returning but teaching her daughter a lesson.

If anyone I knew was at death's door no matter what caused it or how stupid it was, I'd give them anything at all to ease their pain. Getting some one back to health as quick as possible is more important than awareness and lessons. Then Andrea chirps in "I'm a great believer in embarrassing someone into learning"

What horrible people. Either the daughter was close to death or she wasn't and you're just being dramatic to raise awareness of how bad alcohol can be.

I do appreciate this show as it makes me appreciate and love that I wouldn't take a single advice from these ladies and I'm nothing like them, that gives me ease.

I thought this mother was actually very good, I think she said her daughter was hospitalised overnight for treatment, she did mention how her daughter could have died had her organs been damaged by the alcohol and 6 hours after arriving in hospital her daughter blood/alcohol level was 6 times over the legal limit, I did not hear her say her daughter was close to death but with the amount of alcohol consumed that could have been the case-
    The 3 day hangover and not giving her any paracetamol to relieve the pain , firstly as a mother myself I can empathise at how angry the mum was at the stupidity of the childs actions- had I done this when I was nine my parents would have slapped me for my actions and being the times we are in this is not an option so she was withholding pain medication to show her daughter the consequences of drinking too much is a banging hangover , that may deter her daughter from drinking to excess again in a hurry - the more probable reason for withholding pain meds is that the doctors may well have advised the mum not to give paracetamol to the child as her liver would be under enough strain to recover from the effects of alcohol - alcohol and paracetamol together can be toxic to the liver ,
    The comment Andrea made about being a believer in embarrassing someone into learning , was as a result of the mum saying they had made the decision to warn people about the dangers of nek nominations despite their daughter being very embarrassed at being in the public eye because of her actions-
    I think the mum was very articulate , and obviously cares about her daughter very much, she was one of the best guests I have seen on loose women, and her issue was real, makes a change from celebs pimping books, plays and tv shows
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She didn't say that the doctors advised her not to give the child paracetamol, which is an acceptable circumstance - she said it was her choice not to. Reflecting back, this didn't kill her and her child made a full recovery with no temporary or lasting damage. She implied heavily that she deserved to suffer for taking alcohol..

If the mother had gotten drunk and had a hangover, would she deny herself any medication to teach herself not to drink? I rekcon she'd put her own health first and as children can't rely on themselves when they're sick, they rely on their parents when it comes to their health & need their help.

She even said her daughter is always the wise one & this was unlike her, no mention of this happening previously - so she makes one mistake involving alcohol and instead of talking it through and explaining how alcohol works to her child, punishing her and leaving it like that, she's going on TV being dramatic.

How can she be so angry about her child drinking alcohol because the reasoning is - she shouldn't be drinking, she should be safe and healthy. Then at the same time do something that puts her child's recovery at risk.

I feel so sorry for that girl, imagining her so scared having her first hangover lasting 3 days, feeling so sick and having a trauma over what's happened to her with hospital and so on and her Mum not even giving her something to ease the pain, to be taught a lesson. She must have felt physically and emotionally terrible. That's nasty.

Her Mother has a responsibility to help that child's health no matter how angry she personally is and she decided off her own back not to do it. That's equally as bad a behavior as taking too much alcohol carelessly so I can see where her daughter gets her lack of caring on her health from.

She can't have it both ways. Either her daughter was really sick or she wasn't. There is a difference between drinking too much and dangerously, life threatening drunk. If all this girl had was a hangover and could be denied paracetamol, then it wasn't life threatening, she just wanted to use it as opportunity to embarrass her child further (as if the child hasn't suffered enough anyway - poor thing).

I don't think children should get away with everything but they should be let off the hook more, they haven't built up beliefs and education about alcohol & so try it and get it a bit wrong, every child makes mistakes as they grow up and so does every adult. She's acting as if her daughter wanted to hurt her, wanting to get so drunk her health is at risk and if that was true, her child would be an alcoholic now and she is as far away from being an alcoholic as you can get.

I get she didn't want this to happen to her child but maybe she should focus on her child's health and well being and encourage her child to be healthy and allow her child to make some mistakes along the way as no one in the Loose Women audience or panel can keep her child healthy, only she can.

And maybe she should appreciate that her child didn't die and is still with her a bit more instead of using this to carry it on & get herself on TV instead of letting the poor child move on from it.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Missed Glynis :( Patsy should be good though!
  • phillip2phillip2 Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love lw great panelists only one pr two i wasnt keen on, now! Gosh i do not like most of the newbies, dont like nadia talking about her family 24/7 , dont like kaye, myleene pouting all the time, jane m, kimberley and claire, sally ( how many do they need)
    I like ruth coleen janet, sherrie, (hasnt been on for a while is she next to go) carol, linda,
    Andrea , jamelia and shobnas ok, but theres too many and for me jjst dont like most newbies! And i dont like the less guests or the ones were not interested in, preder celeb guests
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I think I preferred the show when Carol M, Denise and Sherrie were regular panelists. The new ones are just awful. Don't like Jane Moore, seems to have had a personality transplant and a terrible droning voice. As for Jamelia and Mylene, give me strength!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree! Jamelias ok myleene and jane i hate as you say the voice lol, i prefer the other 3 back then, i used to like them and everyone would moan about sherrie mcgiff and denise but now i think some would have them back
  • Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Patsy K can't string a sentence together so she is a v.odd choice. She is on with Vorders, Claire Richards and Linda R. I only like Linda from that line up so one to miss.

They need to drop the guests coming on at the side and being forced to press the flesh of the audience. It is embarrassing and American. We arr British, both the guest and the public look uncomfortable.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poppy99 wrote: »
    Patsy K can't string a sentence together so she is a v.odd choice.
    that was down to hormones which she takes medication for and has improved
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    That guy who was supposed to be talking about 'conscious uncoupling' didn't get much chance to speak did he?
    I was interested in what he was going to say about people repeating behaviour but he didn't manage to finish his sentence because Ms Klass shouted him down.
    OK she made very valid points about domestic abuse, but I wanted to hear what the man had to say and she just shouted him into shutting up.

Why have experts on the show if they don't get chance to actually speak without interruption.

Myleen has plenty of time to give us her opinions during the rest of the show.

Both she and Jamelia make me switch off.

I'm hoping ITV get Alex Pollizzi, Sandi Toksvig and Miriam Margolyes on soon.

And I hope Myleen, Jamelia and Rebecca Adlington disappear.
    Rebecca is perfectly nice, but I don't think she has much interesting to say.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    700,000 viewers yesterday - a third of Bargain Hunt's audience on the other side.

It's dead.
  • Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    that was down to hormones which she takes medication for and has improved

My observation wasn't based on a recent interview. She has always been like it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    700,000 viewers yesterday - a third of Bargain Hunt's audience on the other side.

It's dead.

Anymore ratingns? Such as a few past weeks and with various linesups? Dont know why they hd such a shake up its not made it good;( miss the old ladies and dont like many if any of the new girls, only ruth, and coleen
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like Ruth on This morning but she gets on my nerves on loose women. She seems to speak over the other women. It's quite annoying.
  • sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB No doctor would let a patient have Paracetamol after they had drunk so much alcohol that they had to be admitted to hospital. The girl’s liver may not have been able to tolerate the drug after all that alcohol. And let’s face it, it was a hangover and not anything acute. A hangover is not a part of the initial alcohol poisoning and so it doesn’t warrant hospital management. Hopefully she will learn to drink responsibly in future, but I could be wrong!!!!!

ETA: Sorry, I didn’t realise the date/time of the original post by David. I didn’t really need to comment.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poppy99 wrote: »
    My observation wasn't based on a recent interview. She has always been like it.

well see how she gets on Monday then..well you won't as you're giving it a miss
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Loving Patsy and Claire today, would like them on full time.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching today? I missed the beginning but why was Michelle Collins there in the middle for the whole show?

I do hope they find. Myleene's Mum's mugger but I hope they do more things like this just in general and not only when it's related to a member of the panel.

Claire's on again tomorrow (sigh), I guess she's been chosen now (she's not got much else on I guess).
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Anyone watching today? I missed the beginning but why was Michelle Collins there in the middle for the whole show?

I do hope they find. Myleene's Mum's mugger but I hope they do more things like this just in general and not only when it's related to a member of the panel.

Claire's on again tomorrow (sigh), I guess she's been chosen now (she's not got much else on I guess).

Ruth said at the start that she was the 5th Loose Women for the day (guest panelist). They should have just got rid of Myleene and had Michelle in her place then they would have just had the 4 like they usually do (even when there's a guest). I'm watching on +1 and liking her so far, give me her over Myleene and Sherrie any day!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Ruth said at the start that she was the 5th Loose Women for the day (guest panelist). They should have just got rid of Myleene and had Michelle in her place then they would have just had the 4 like they usually do (even when there's a guest). I'm watching on +1 and liking her so far, give me her over Myleene and Sherrie any day!

Yes she was better than those two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at Claire's tweets, it seems we'll be getting her weight talk tomorrow. No one cares. You did it once for money, now you've done it again (not for money as far as we know), well done, but it's time to stop talking about it and move on. If you really were happy and confident in yourself you wouldn't have to mention it at all. Let the papers say what they like about you eating a whole cake. If you know it's not true then that's all that matters - if that's all the dirt they've got on you, I'd say you were doing pretty well!