Options

Gary would try the patience of a saint

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    I think I'de cope just fine although old Gazza and I would have to set some ground rules. No poo fingers round me or my food etc type thing.

I'd also be perfectly able to have a more than civil a conversation with Helen which some DS posters laughably claimed would be impossible.

Nonsense.

In short I think I must be some kind of superhero for being able to endure an old man and a somewhat mouthy type.

For me many many things are exaggerated on here. This is one of them.

About time you turned up, where have you been ? ! I'm expecting a full and frank explanation of why you have been missing in action for the last few days, or it's the naughty step for you again !

GET AOTB outtttttttttt ! >:(:o:blush:
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Sasparella wrote: »
    About time you turned up, where have you been ? ! I'm expecting a full and frank explanation of why you have been missing in action for the last few days, or it's the naughty step for you again !

GET AOTB outtttttttttt ! >:(:o:blush:

You want the truthful answer?

In a nutshell some of DS's more hateful posters who spread bile and bitterness on the forum, didn't like directly being called out on their hatred by yours truly.

One posted blatant lies about me, made stuff up and was highly personal, and whilst I can take it on the chin, clearly didn't like getting a few home truths (and accurate home truths at that) delivered to their face AOTB style in return. They can dish it out but cry like a girl and run to tell teacher when you give a bit back.

They also appear to have a very itchy trigger finger when it comes to the red button pushing, despite them frequently breaking the supposed forum T&C's and getting away with it time after time.

Let's just put it this way, it's been noted, and I have changed my stance on not pushing the button on DS's nastier types. You can't reason with people like that, so in future I will go against all my principles and red button them.
    Be afraid internet haters and bitter, misogynistic, **** shaming trolls, I'm coming for you. .

Oh and yeah 'Get AOTB OUT'!!! >:( :D
  • Options
    Fruit_FlyFruit_Fly Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure whether to agree or run for the hills :confused::o:o :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fruit_Fly wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether to agree or run for the hills :confused::o:o :D

Ha ha, you seem good to go Mr Fly, I've seen a couple of your posts and you strike me as someone who doesn't spend their days hating on people they don't even know.

You'll be just fine. :D
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'de cope just fine although old Gazza and I would have to set some ground rules. No poo fingers round me or my food etc type thing.

I'd also be perfectly able to have a more than civil a conversation with Helen which some DS posters laughably claimed would be impossible.

Nonsense.

In short I think I must be some kind of superhero for being able to endure an old man and a somewhat mouthy type.

For me many many things are exaggerated on here. This is one of them.

What would you do if he disregarded/ignored your ground rules?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What would you do if he disregarded/ignored your ground rules?

I'd give him a dirty Sanchez whilst he slept as punishment.... and to Pavlovian condition him into not doing it again.

That'll learn him.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, I've got a husband and kids. Living with Gary would be a walk in the park.
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd give him a dirty Sanchez whilst he slept as punishment.... and to Pavlovian condition him into not doing it again.

That'll learn him.

That is more unpleasant than anything any of the HMs are supposed to have done to him :o I know you are joking (and evading my point) but even you with your limitless amounts of superhero patience have conditions set out before engaging with Gary.
  • Options
    Esther_AspleyEsther_Aspley Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well dee must be a saint as she is loosing it with him, sorry but she is still a scrounger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is more unpleasant than anything any of the HMs are supposed to have done to him :o I know you are joking (and evading my point) but even you with your limitless amounts of superhero patience have conditions set out before engaging with Gary.

I could be here for some time explaining to you how I would actually handle Gary, my obvious disgusting but relevant 'poo' joke aside. As in real life you deal with and handle all sorts of people. I'd use that experience of dealing with those who break the 'ground rules' and apply it here.

I genuinely think I'd cope just fine with him even though I too have a very low tolerance for poor hygiene.
  • Options
    DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Saffron787 wrote: »
    I know where a lot of people are coming from when they say that Gary is being bullied but honestly could you live with him 24/7 ? I've heard comments on here about they wish people would talk to him more about his films as they would love to hear about it... get real!! the guy can't remember what films he was in, when they were released or even his past girlfriends!!! There was a post on here from a carehome worker who admitted that she would even struggle to find compassion for him eventually.. I can see where she is coming from. I cared for my mother in her later years and even though I loved the bones of her, there were days when I just had to take a step back and gather my strength. In that house, there is nowhere to go and he is not a family member so there are no reserves of love and responsibility to draw on when he gets to be hard work. Cut them some slack please, they are trying in their own ways to be nice to a guy who, in the outside world, is nothing to them. They fail miserably on numerous occasions which are shown regularly on highlights. Unfortunately, we don't see the times they cook for him, wash his clothes, make him drinks (which is apparently what they do listening to the conversations they have). I can't believe the excuses made on this forum for a guy who didn't shower for the first week, spits on the floor. barges past people, acts dumb and deaf if the conversation isn't going his way, promises to 'take on board' every piece of advice given to him then continues exactly as before.. I watch CBB and BB for entertainment and this guy is in no way entertaining. His acronyms are the stuff of 6 year olds and his 32 lifetimes and angels and crap are doing my head in. .. and breath

This carework must not be very good at their job then. No wonder there is reports from time to time in the news of workers/staff at elderly homes and hospitals 'taking advantage' of the sick and elderly.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And here's another thread excusing the bully behaviour.

Whether you're a fan of Garys or not he has never once been as rude or disrespectful as some of these plastic wanna-bes.

So let's look at these people you are defending OP.

Riccy: "you're a disgusting human being, you're not fit to be a role model, I feel sorry for your son"

James calling Kellie, French and Gary "mutants" to his cohorts when they were on the scrapheap.

Dee twisting Garys words after he tried to have a chat and running back to the house saying how "he cornered her". Her whispering about him when he's only a few feet away. Not to mention the "smash his face in" comment.

Classy people these folk aren't they? And you feel proud to defend them?

Now picture the average 70 year old, yes some people age better then others, but on top of that Gary has also had a brain injury and has severe hearing problems.

These people are getting paid A LOT of money for just 4 weeks, you go on CBB to meet interesting diverse characters. Yet from Day one they were completely intolerant of Gary and alienated him. Remember the hilarious "prank" David, Ricci and James pulled on him? Turning the lights on and off and jumping into bed with him at 2am?

Again, classy people. How would they feel someone doing that to their grandparent?

It can be easy to blame the victim. That's what bullies do. But look at the evidence for yourself and make your own judgements rather then falling for these scumbags excuses hook, line and sinker.

Good post
  • Options
    jobieladjobielad Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could be here for some time explaining to you how I would actually handle Gary, my obvious disgusting but relevant 'poo' joke aside. As in real life you deal with and handle all sorts of people. I'd use that experience of dealing with those who break the 'ground rules' and apply it here.

I genuinely think I'd cope just fine with him even though I too have a very low tolerance for poor hygiene.

I like this post and quite agree - we do set ground rules in life (boundaries) when we get to that level of experience. I also think group dynamics play a part in the house to a great degree. Thats why BB and Celeb BB create pressure by messing with the decor, setting tasks, depriving the group of food etc. In group dynamics when the pressure is on there is always a scapegoat and I see Gary as being that. People will always gang together and even tell lies about the scapegoat to preserve the integrity of the group under pressure. Boundries are easy, if someone offends you with behaviour you very clearly state the boundaries of what is acceptable to you (ground rules) and apply them. The best way to carry out a boundary is to just ignore, or walk away from an offensive behaviours. Perhaps the other members of the Celeb BB group have no concept of boundaries. We get angry when our boundaries are broken but anger gets us nowhere and in boundary setting is a futile response. Manipulation is also a word a lot of forum members use here in relation to Gary but manipulation comes into play when a person feels their needs aren't being met and it strikes me that Gary is very lonely in that house having being scapegoated and ostracised by the group from the start. Just my take on it and thanks for inspiring my thought processes on this - its good to think now and again :)
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Exactly!

Yes, he most likely is a pain in the bottom, aren't we all at some point.

But there are ways to tell someone something, rather than mock them, belittle them, shout at them, laugh behind their back etc.

Coupled with running to others and tittle tattling so they can have a moan or laugh. It's nasty and rude to treat anyone in that manner, regardless of who they are. IMO anyway.

:)

All this is bringing into perspective how older people are treated in care homes. I can just see Dee in that capacity. She is the sort they employ - helpful up to a point then loses it. Think I've found a job for her. Only Joking:o.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You want the truthful answer?

In a nutshell some of DS's more hateful posters who spread bile and bitterness on the forum, didn't like directly being called out on their hatred by yours truly.

One posted blatant lies about me, made stuff up and was highly personal, and whilst I can take it on the chin, clearly didn't like getting a few home truths (and accurate home truths at that) delivered to their face AOTB style in return. They can dish it out but cry like a girl and run to tell teacher when you give a bit back.

They also appear to have a very itchy trigger finger when it comes to the red button pushing, despite them frequently breaking the supposed forum T&C's and getting away with it time after time.

Let's just put it this way, it's been noted, and I have changed my stance on not pushing the button on DS's nastier types. You can't reason with people like that, so in future I will go against all my principles and red button them.
    Be afraid internet haters and bitter, misogynistic, **** shaming trolls, I'm coming for you. .

<<<< pops up from behind copious amounts of sandbags wearing a tin hat.

You are scaring me now AOTB :cry:

:):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    All this is bringing into perspective how older people are treated in care homes. I can just see Dee in that capacity. She is the sort they employ - helpful up to a point then loses it. Think I've found a job for her. Only Joking:o.

Actually Jenny, I've seen for myself how the elderly, particularly when they are sick, are treated. There's more truth in what you say than you may know.

All elderly were young once. Their only crime in life is to age.

It's disgusting the way some get treated and quite alarming to be honest. The older I get the more I worry about how I may be treated later on in life.

• Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    This carework must not be very good at their job then. No wonder there is reports from time to time in the news of workers/staff at elderly homes and hospitals 'taking advantage' of the sick and elderly.

Treating them like Gary is treated and hes not that old BTW.
    If Gary didnt shower then what was that clip of him having a towel round him in the bathroom which was shown before "the hygiene problem" came about.
  • Options
    Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary is a saint and he was great great patience.
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Treating them like Gary is treated and hes not that old BTW.
    If Gary didnt shower then what was that clip of him having a towel round him in the bathroom which was shown before "the hygiene problem" came about.

your wrong that clip was from the first time gary had a shower
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I find it really disturbing that these HMs don't have any idea that it's them who are the ones behaving badly. It shows that if you step out of line from the "norm" or have a disability, some people think they have carte blanche to treat you as though you are a second class citizen. Moral of the story - don't get old or show any signs of non conformity.
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually Jenny, I've seen for myself how the elderly, particularly when they are sick, are treated. There's more truth in what you say than you may know.

All elderly were young once. Their only crime in life is to age.

It's disgusting the way some get treated and quite alarming to be honest. The older I get the more I worry about how I may be treated later on in life.

im a carer ..an personaly i find it very easy to respect ..and show my respect ..in my opinion ..all you have to do is look at there life story ..they all have one ..but i would still find gary difficult to deal with ...the psychobabble would do my head in more than anything ..and lets not forget ..people who care for the elderly sign up for it when they sign there employment contracts ..these housemates did'nt ..not everyone is cut out for the job ..or even want to be a carer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    im a carer ..an personaly i find it very easy to respect ..and show my respect ..in my opinion ..all you have to do is look at there life story ..they all have one ..but i would still find gary difficult to deal with ...the psychobabble would do my head in more than anything ..and lets not forget ..people who care for the elderly sign up for it when they sign there employment contracts ..these housemates did'nt ..not everyone is cut out for the job ..or even want to be a carer

They aren't Gary's carers in any shape form or description. They don't want him to touch the communal food, yet then go on to say he could make himself a sandwich instead of one of them making it. That's just one example.

How does he get the bread out of the bag without touching it. Isn't that communal food? Does he use The Force? If he did touch the bag of bread they'd all start moaning about it etc.

The simply don't want him in the house. I see it and thankfully Gary sees it.

There are some spiteful people out there and unfortunately some are in the BB house.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it really disturbing that these HMs don't have any idea that it's them who are the ones behaving badly. It shows that if you step out of line from the "norm" or have a disability, some people think they have carte blanche to treat you as though you are a second class citizen. Moral of the story - don't get old or show any signs of non conformity.

I'm well and truly stuffed then Reality LOL!

;-):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyo55 wrote: »

I would find James far more difficult to deal with than Gary. I like New Age thinking (what you call psychobabble) On a personal level it's helped me out of depression and I'd be happy to pass the time of day with Gary. Horses for courses I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm well and truly stuffed then Reality LOL!

;-):)

Me too:). Seriously:o