Options

Just found my cat dead

RoanRoan Posts: 3,207
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just found my 13 year old black and white moggy dead in her cat litter outside. She normally sleeps with us every night in her bed beside my OH's side of the bed and we could not find her when I went to bed. This is unheard of and my OH could not come to bed or sleep. She had a heart murmer and appears to have gone very quickly she was eating normally and no signs of distress. She was a gorgeous cat. We have just buried her in her favourite spot in the garden, RIP Frazzle 2005-2009:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Comments

• Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roan wrote: »
    Just found my 13 year old black and white moggy dead in her cat litter outside. She normally sleeps with us every night in her bed beside my OH's side of the bed and we could not find her when I went to bed. This is unheard of and my OH could not come to bed or sleep. She had a heart murmer and appears to have gone very quickly she was eating normally and no signs of distress. She was a gorgeous cat. We have just buried her in her favourite spot in the garden, RIP Frazzle 2005-2009:cry::cry::cry::cry:

How very very sad :( makes me go and cuddle my own! I haven't lost a cat yet but it must be terrible :(

Sorry if this is a dumb question.. you say she was 13.. but you also say RIP 2005-2009 (4 years?)? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    How very very sad :( makes me go and cuddle my own! I haven't lost a cat yet but it must be terrible :(

Sorry if this is a dumb question.. you say she was 13.. but you also say RIP 2005-2009 (4 years?)? :confused:

Thanks, sorry 1995 -2009 typo, forgive me I am a little upset:cry: She would have been 14 next month. Glad that we found her this evening and she wasn't left there all night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss Roan. Sounds like she went peacefully.
    Big hug.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss Roan. Sounds like she went peacefully.
    Big hug.

She did thanks, although I don't know what the neighbours thought of my OH doing some gardening at 01.30 in the morning:eek: but we couldn't leave her:cry:
  • Options
    merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry for your loss. It's always a strange one when a pet has had a good long life and goes naturally. We know it's the best way to go, but it still means that the loss of a valued and loved member of the family will leave a big gap.

Ten years ago now, we too found our 17 year old cat Sooty in the garden. It was a sunny afternoon and she hadn't moved in quite some time so we went to investigate. It's the end of an era as they share so much of the ups and downs in our lives. But I was grateful that she didn't suffer an accident or a traumatic illness.

((((((HUGS))))))
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,579
    Forum Member

Oh Roan I am so, so sorry. What a sad story.

The only consolation I can say is that you had 13 wonderful years with her and she went in her own home, surrounded by her familiar things, peacefully and knowing how much she was loved having just had her tea, and for your heartache, you didn't have to let her go in the unfamiliar surroundings of a vets, with the hard decision to PTS.

My thoughts are with you this morning.

RIP Frazzle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your lovely Frazzle, take comfort in the fact that she was well loved and had a happy life with you

Take care
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so sorry to hear about your sad loss, I hope you can take comfort in knowing she had a long happy life and that she was loved very much

My thoughts and love are with you xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your messages.

It is very strange not having her aroung this morning, she normally would jump up on the bed to say hello:cry: Also having to discard her food etc.:cry: We buried her and let our two dogs sniff her so they would know.
  • Options
    saffiewalkssaffiewalks Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it absolutely dreadful when this happens and we lose a much loved companion and friend. Please take some comfort from the knowledge that Frazzle had a long and hapy life and went quickly without pain or distress at the end by the sound of it.
    Thoughts to you and OHx
    Saffie
  • Options
    dmwatdmwat Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really sorry for your loss, Roan. It's so sad when a pet dies, even more so when it's sudden. I hope you can take some comfort knowing that she didn't suffer and she had a long, happy life {{{{hugs}}}}
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss Roan. Hope you can take some comfort from Frazzle passing peacefully and quickly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you poor thing, I would be, and will be gutted when my cat goes, it's like losing a family member, because ultimately they are, my Dad was in the Navy, big bloke, but when our family cat died he had to take a couple of days off work to get over it.
  • Options
    KarmaChameleonKarmaChameleon Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so sorry. :( This brought a tear to my eye; my own kitty is a gorgeous black and white and only a year younger than your Frazzle. I bet Frazzle's last thoughts were of you. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw how sad, god bless gorgeous Razzle, take care. My black and white kitty sends her love too x .
  • Options
    summer_chicksummer_chick Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sorry to hear about your loss... It is comforting to know that she went suddenly and peacefully and close to home...
    my thoughts are with you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a shock for you. Poor Frazzle, but sounds as though the cat had a lovely life with you. Sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear - our 14 year old tabby was found "sleeping" at the bottom of the garden a few years ago.

Thoughts are with you xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    RIP Frazzle.

So sorry to hear of your loss.

It sounds like she's had a lovely life you with and I'm sure wherever she is now she'll be watching over you :-)

xxxx
  • Options
    insaneladinsanelad Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Thoughts are with you. Think of the good times you had.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. It sounds like she went very quickly though, which is a blessing. Doesn't stop you missing her of course. I dread the day my little horror passes away, however much I sometimes moan about him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    So sorry for your loss, I'm sure Frazzle is padding about with lots of new friends telling them all about "mummy"
    I've put a wee verse I found for you below.

I just wanted to let you know that I made it home.
    The journey wasn't an easy one, but it didn't take too long.

Everything is so pretty here, so white, so fresh and new
    I wish that you could close your eyes and that you could see it too.

Please try not to be sad for me.
    Try to understand God is taking care of me...
    I'm in the shelter of His hands.

Here there is no sadness, no sorrow, and no pain.
    Here there is no crying and I'll never hurt again.

Here it is so peaceful when all the angels sing.
    I really have to go for now... I've just got to try my wings.

Mary x
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh what a sad loss of a family pet, prayers go out to you and i'm coming to terms of a family member dying today

(((Big Hugs))) :cry::cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Oh what a sad loss of a family pet, prayers go out to you and i'm coming to terms of a family member dying today

(((Big Hugs))) :cry::cry:

I'd just like to send you lots of love and light Sexbomb and remember others care.

Mary x
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *hugs* Roan. It's an awful thing to go through. I'm truly sorry for your loss :(