Options

I love how they're trying to throw Janet under a bus...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And failing :D It just goes to show they can't have their way. And before anyone says she is the producer's favourite, the early slots every week coupled with not the best song choices most weeks makes me think very much otherwise!

And in contrast, Misha is being pimped to the max and still ended up bottom 2 twice (and almost certainly a 3rd time tomorrow!)

This series may have been a trainwreck at times but at least they're not getting their way 100%!

Comments

• Options
    David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course the detractors might claim that this is their strategy. Pull her to bits and win her a sympathy vote. If it is, it's a very risky one and could leave the judges looking quite stupid. It will be interesting to see whether she turns in much the same sort of performance as she has been giving and they change their tune tonight.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Of course the detractors might claim that this is their strategy. Pull her to bits and win her a sympathy vote. If it is, it's a very risky one and could leave the judges looking quite stupid. It will be interesting to see whether she turns in much the same sort of performance as she has been giving and they change their tune tonight.

We all remember the treatment of Mary last year - topping the vote at the start, then bad early slots, then criticised for being boring and a one trickpony. They are trying it with Janet but its not working - so far! - but there is always the semi final sing off:D (who knows what trick they will play this year to deprive the public of their 3 most popular finalists?).

Still no confirmation on the voting process this week - will there by a sing off or will it just depend on whether Mishais bottom of the vote?:D
  • Options
    The Steel FlippThe Steel Flipp Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see where you are coming from with this, Janet has obviously fallen out of favour and Kelly favouritism of Misha are there for all to see but it looks like people aren't buying it. If Misha is in the bottom two again this week she should be gone as she won't have any realistic chance of winning. I also agree this series has been a complete car crash from beginning to end.
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    While the idea that they're breaking her down to build her up is nice, the one problem is that she has had consistently abysmal slots, and Misha has had consistently amazing ones. Only one week out of the 7 public vote weeks has Misha gone on before Janet.

Tonight again I imagine Janet will get crap slots.
  • Options
    P BarnardP Barnard Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And in contrast, Misha is being pimped to the max and still ended up bottom 2 twice (and almost certainly a 3rd time tomorrow!)

Yes, I hope they realise that votes = record sales, so saving Misha is not doing Simon Cowell any favours!
  • Options
    brylcreembrylcreem Posts: 2,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Janet is the first girl performing tonight then we will know that she is being treated unfairly.
  • Options
    Nick KerrsNick Kerrs Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    I think there is a hint of Janet getting the BIG MO

The unstoppable, unproducable momentum that leads to a win. I think she will smash it tonight.
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    P Barnard wrote: »
    Yes, I hope they realise that votes = record sales, so saving Misha is not doing Simon Cowell any favours!

Not necessarily. Matt Cardle anyone?
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P Barnard wrote: »
    Votes do not equal record sales. Matt topped the vote every week after week 1 and his single and album hardly set the charts alight. Plenty of people will vote once or twice a week for the fun of it but that doesn't mean they will go out and buy a record.
  • Options
    DreamingDanDreamingDan Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Bear wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Matt Cardle anyone?
    My thoughts exactly.

Janet is being pushed not destroyed.
    Craig had to do the death slot last week which was supposed to be for Janet. Says it all really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My thoughts exactly.

Janet is being pushed not destroyed.
    Craig had to do the death slot last week which was supposed to be for Janet. Says it all really.

Statistics indicate going second is worse than going first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Statistics indicate going second is worse than going first.

Yeah tell that to Craig.
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    and Kitty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah tell that to Craig.

Craig didn't go solely because he was on first. The terrible song choice had more to do with it. He'd probably have gone if he was on second, too. No way to know for sure. Generally, though, second on is the least favourable place to be.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And failing :D It just goes to show they can't have their way. And before anyone says she is the producer's favourite, the early slots every week coupled with not the best song choices most weeks makes me think very much otherwise!

This series may have been a trainwreck at times but at least they're not getting their way 100%!

She was supposed to sing first last week and the running order changed last minute.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's great :D

Just need to carry on voting for Janet until the end to prove that the show can't always have their own way.
  • Options
    MartynMac123MartynMac123 Posts: 3,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only janet fans seem to think she is being thrown under the bus, she was favoured all the way untill week 4 until they realised she was shit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Craig didn't go solely because he was on first. The terrible song choice had more to do with it. He'd probably have gone if he was on second, too. No way to know for sure. Generally, though, second on is the least favourable place to be.
    It's the first one which is called the death slot that's the one no-one wants to be on and also obviously it wasn't just that it was also the ridiculous comments from the judges that killed Craig you could tell they wanted him gone and so he was.
    If they wanted Janet gone they could easily do just the same with her but they don't cause they want her to be in the final.
    Marcus will be the next to get this treatment.
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    I don't like Janet's voice and I am good company as Janet does not like her own voice.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a353071/x-factor-janet-devlin-i-cant-stand-my-voice.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's the first one which is called the death slot that's the one no-one wants to be on and also obviously it wasn't just that it was also the ridiculous comments from the judges that killed Craig you could tell they wanted him gone and so he was.
    If they wanted Janet gone they could easily do just the same with her but they don't cause they want her to be in the final.

Yes, that's traditionally believed to be the worst slot, but statistics recently showed that it was actually worse to be on second, as people tend to remember the first one if they were there to see it. I'm not denying they threw Craig under the bus, just reiterating statistics. Janet has had the worst slots, VTs and comments overall, though, so I disagree that they want her there.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least now there are only 5 left, the 'death' slot is not quite such a big deal since even the GBP can remember 5 songs well enough, plus they are each doing 2 songs tonight so it won't be hard to remember all the performances. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parneb wrote: »
    I don't like Janet's voice and I am good company as Janet does not like her own voice.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a353071/x-factor-janet-devlin-i-cant-stand-my-voice.html

But she knows that I and countless others liker her voice and we appreciate her all the more for putting up with her voice to make us happy. :)
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was also the ridiculous comments from the judges that killed Craig you could tell they wanted him gone and so he was.

I agree 100%. Janet has been getting away with murder as far as the judges' reluctance to criticise her is concerned.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    I agree 100%. Janet has been getting away with murder as far as the judges' reluctance to criticise her is concerned.:mad:

Are you watching the same show as the rest of us??? She has been SLATED especially by Barlow!
  • Options
    jimbojonesjimbojones Posts: 4,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brylcreem wrote: »
    If Janet is the first girl performing tonight then we will know that she is being treated unfairly.

Has she went first before?
    Nope???