Options

Absolute80's on Sky channel 0200

Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I wondering if someone can help me.

I have just started listening to this station via my Sky TV, but after searching on my husbands car radio (he is lucky enough to have DAB radio in his car!), I can't find it anywhere.

Is the station available on DAB and if so whereabouts can I find it?

Comments

• Options
    Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore this question, I have been to the website and it is only available in the London area on DAB, sadly. Hope it becomes countrywide soon.
  • Options
    JamSirJamSir Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute 80s is only available on DAB in London, with little chance of it appearing in other parts of the country for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamSir wrote: »
    Absolute 80s is only available on DAB in London, with little chance of it appearing in other parts of the country for the foreseeable future.

If Absolute decide that Dabbl is quite frankly a waste of money, A80s could replace it on local muxes across Southern England.
  • Options
    BingethinkBingethink Posts: 4,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only across a few areas of Southern England - Bristol, Swindon, Reading and Southend - but yes, it seems an odd strategy to have Dabbl on those Muxs.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the feeling that eventually it will be:

Absolute (Digital One)
    Absolute Classic Rock (MXR - replacing The Arrow)
    Absolute 80s (local muxes)

with Dabbl being online only.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westward wrote: »
    Absolute Classic Rock (MXR - replacing The Arrow)
    Hasn't The Arrow pretty much already gone?
    I know it was replaced on MXR WM recently, and I'm sure I've read on here its already been replaced in other areas?
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistermeep wrote: »
    Hasn't The Arrow pretty much already gone?
    I know it was replaced on MXR WM recently, and I'm sure I've read on here its already been replaced in other areas?

It's no longer on MXR WM, Yorkshire and Severn Estuary, but is on the two other northern regional muxes, plus two local muxes in Yorkshire.

http://www.mediauk.com/radio/362/the-arrow