bscbabscba Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Utterly shambolic
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the show was a shambles.

At least we know that once Olly Murs music career is over, he can easily become a brain surgeon :D
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    auron87 wrote: »
    Not watched Millionaire in ages but did tonight for a lack of anything better to do.

I was quite annoyed by the fact that the prize is split between charity and a prize for the viewers... How long has that been going on?! Much better to give it all to charity.

The charities will get all the cash won, the viewer's prize comes from elsewhere.;)
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ITV really need to re-visit the format - IMO: it's broken!!!
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    I thought the show was a shambles.

At least we know that once Olly Murs music career is over, he can easily become a brain surgeon :D

You mean 'tree' don't you?:cool:
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    You mean 'tree' don't you?:cool:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RuthStar wrote: »
    I still can't get over how stupid Olly was in that Twitter question.

It was more down to the pressure of the clock. Olly and his mum twigged the answer when they decided to phone a friend. Had it been before the clock was invented they would've got the answer but those last few seconds had them in a mad panic.
  • Options
    Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    I like Million Pound Drop too. It's like a quiz version of Logan's Run, where anyone over the age of 30 has clearly been killed at a futuristic laser show. :D
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    ITV really need to re-visit the format - IMO: it's broken!!!

imo everything about the original format was pure genious and every change they have made was for the worse.
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    The regular show has been axed to all intents and purposes. They will just bring out these awful one off celeb specials as and when. They shouldn't bother and just put it to bed once and for all.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Should be renamed 'Frantic'. Terrible these lives shows and the clock makes everyone panic. Who's stupid idea was that. Should have been cancelled ages ago this rubbish
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this show getting repeated?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    imo everything about the original format was pure genious and every change they have made was for the worse.

Agreed :)
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »

The viewing figures were in decline as most people got bored of the original format, only a relative few diehard fans were still watching regularly.
  • Options
    slammer-manslammer-man Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    The show sucked again because they messed up the music for question 1 and 2, just like the xmas special. Because of this, I lost the will to live lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    The viewing figures were in decline as most people got bored of the original format, only a relative few diehard fans were still watching regularly.

But what they have done to it now is ridiculous :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't watch, it made me cringe..
  • Options
    hibbychubbshibbychubbs Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »

to be fair i think it was due to itv looking for reasons to ditch it as they make enough money from the franchise....they took millionaire away from the public & done more z-lebs & when they did do public ones the shifted it about so lost the viewers that is only my opinion though its a bit like all shows the beeb need to get rid of they move them about then claim loss of viewers
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's so important that they can't let the show overrun until the end of the game? It was embarrassing and awkward when they cut Patsy Palmer and her son off mid-game.

It must be for the news but then nobody watches ITV News.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    How come it seems so rushed yet theres hardly any questions asked! Supposedly this clock was put in to make it more exciting so people couldnt ponder the easy questions for very long. Definitely backfired . Bring back the original format (if they must continue with it) doubling the money each question.

Btw what on earth is a wagbo.........thought he was on Harry Hill :D
  • Options
    Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has been dying on its ar*e for the last 5 years with that silly nonsense of llewellyn Bowen and the mucked-up question. Back he comes for a new question for £1m and just backs off - all that "tension" for nothing. :rolleyes:

Tarrant just seems to have a certain hold over TV types of a certain age, who no doubt watched TISWAS, while some of us had to go to school. Now, he is just desperate to keep his wrinkly face on TV (and there is a ton of slap on him now), hence this piece on DS, allegedly from the BBC, but I would put money on his agent: "20:07 BBC bosses reportedly believe that Chris Tarrant will be "absolutely fabulous" on the next Strictly Come Dancing." SCD is where fading stars make one last bid to be popular. Well, you wizzened old *****, I shall vote for everyone else - many times over, if you do. :cool:
  • Options
    jonnyinscotlandjonnyinscotland Posts: 999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched this disgrace of a tv programme. Wish I had come here first and read some of the comments and avoided it. I agree with everything that has been said.

They didn't even show the live mothers day special on mothers day :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally Linz wrote: »
    What's so important that they can't let the show overrun until the end of the game? It was embarrassing and awkward when they cut Patsy Palmer and her son off mid-game.

It must be for the news but then nobody watches ITV News.

It was awful , they were cut off and could well have doubled their money yet they found time for daft e mails, a viewer who was under no time limit , random flowers bearing people and random Mothers stories .
    Patsy and Charlie should be very annoyed as they were shuffled off and were doing so well. Yet Ollie was under no time pressure to finish his round .
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trying to ask ,is this live show getting a repeat ,as i missed it
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    I have never watched such a shambolic programme perpetrated by ITV and to think that I had recorded the programme for later watching; I'd been out most of Saturday evening.
    It was utter, utter rubbish and an insult to those taking part and to us, the viewers. Never again.
    This show has now been going on too long and should be axed as it is tired and the new format is dire and execrable.
    Thanks goodness for PVRs, DVD HDD recorders and >>FF and delete buttons.

There is, now, too much TV on for too many hours during the day and as a result the majority of it is dross