Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 180)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    khughes90 wrote: »
    Kayleigh's re-watch commentary; I will always love Ste reacting more to Brendan having another past lover, than he did about Brendan murdering someone for him. That is their love, down to a T :p

ETA - So Ste is involved with the Roscoe's then?

I watched this bit last night. What was vinnie to him? I wondered when I re-watched and heard him say "I didn't feel for macca the way I did about...." But never finished the sentence instead going on to say he didn't feel for any of them the way he does about ste. I think that moment was sad but so funny that ste was more jealous than concerned about the actual crime.
  • Options
    GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Emmett spits as much when he talks/gets angry as he does when he's in chaaracter?

I hope not. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I watched this bit last night. What was vinnie to him? I wondered when I re-watched and heard him say "I didn't feel for macca the way I did about...." But never finished the sentence instead going on to say he didn't feel for any of them the way he does about ste. I think that moment was sad but so funny that ste was more jealous than concerned about the actual crime.

Well Ste asked if Vinnie was his boyfriend and he said yes. So he was most likely a distraction that he cared for, but didn't love. Ste is the only one worthy of Brendo's love.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone just posted a pic of Kieron at work and he's still in that f*cking deli uniform *bangs head against the wall*
    *prayer circle that the Roscoe are gonna involve him in their business*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I kind of want him to keep the deli going seeing as my wish for him to have the club isn't happening :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Am I misremembering this, or is there an episode - maybe when he gets out of prison - where Brendan says 'Did you miss me, Steven?'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm up to the introduction of Note. The eyebrows, when will they stop?! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets just be glad Ste and Doug only seem to work alternate shifts of each other at the deli now :o

I still think it's likely the deli's days are numbered too. Give it a few more months.

I can't see Ste not going over to the new restaurant if one's on its way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Iclabon wrote: »
    Lets just be glad Ste and Doug only seem to work alternate shifts of each other at the deli now :o

I still think it's likely the deli's days are numbered too. Give it a few more months.

I can't see Ste not going over to the new restaurant if one's on its way.

But I want Ste to have something of his own, not work for someone else :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I want Ste to have something of his own, not work for someone else :o

Then it needs a revamp, and Doug should move on to something else :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Iclabon wrote: »
    Then it needs a revamp, and Doug should move on to something else :o

I'm not overly bothered by Doug and the deli anymore to be honest.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I love the spitting.

And Joe Thompson's words.
    Am I misremembering this, or is there an episode - maybe when he gets out of prison - where Brendan says 'Did you miss me, Steven?'.

Not prison but hospital.

Oh and the Overdose site don't have inside info, their spoiler is what was gleamed from Kieron's party.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not overly bothered by Doug and the deli anymore to be honest.

I just think it's heading that way. That it has to. And I want it.

Times have changed, and everything needs to reflect that.

Ste's not the type to be all cute in his little deli, he never was, and they're trying to return to who he really is.

And who even is Doug? He needs his own identity restored again as well. He isn't the chef, and they seem to even be forgetting/muddling that.

Plus, I get the impression Stug are headed for a major falling out too :o.

Ending the deli and changing that relationship would naturally be exactly the thing they need to do to revitalize both characters and the face of the village and era of the show. Move another business in there. Be different, be new and interesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    http://t.co/QJLIj0ZDHA

Come on Robbie, ruin that little deli ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care about Doug, it's that freaking deli I can't stand. That and that stupid apron :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is my last attempt at being "artsy". Jesus Christ.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    HANNI! :cry:

That's beautiful :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd still love it if the Roscoe's are linked to him in some way, either Billy's family or potentially have the same Dad.... :o

Ohh i like that idea of Billy! Am i the only one who thought Billy was FIT! :D
    I don't care about Doug, it's that freaking deli I can't stand. That and that stupid apron :rolleyes:

Gorgeous :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've got inflamed glands and ear drums. I hate being ill, but what I hate even more is being ill and not having anything to take to get rid of it :(. Sorry I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

I forgot my actual point of this post. Jenny/Bex had balls, by lordy, she wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member

last?? why the last? :cry:
  • Options
    LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    In regard to the deli, as it stands, while Brendan signed it over to Ste, Doug is the one who has a personal stake in it as he put his £20,000 heritance money into it. That could be the bone of contention if they do have them fight over ownership of the business.

Although, I'd rather they'd keep they're friendship like Ste and Amy had. Without Doug as an anchor (steady!), Ste doesn't really have anyone else right now who looks beyond his behaviour to snap him back into reality or give him some care and support in the way he needs. I mean, who else in the village would've made him that glass of Alka Seltzer'd water?

But they do need to sort out the fact they're still civil partnered. They've not even mentioned it. I mean, what's going to happen if John Paul suddenly proposes to Doug and when they go to get their licence the official at the registry office tells them they can't get one as Doug is still Ste's legal partner because they've completely forgotten to get it sort...oooooohhh, right.

;)

hollie-x- wrote: »
    http://t.co/QJLIj0ZDHA

Come on Robbie, ruin that little deli ;)

Well Ste's still at the deli in a few weeks time if this is what he's been wearing at filming today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Not prison but hospital.
    Ah, after Later? Or when Brendan got smacked round the head by Ste?
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    Hello.
    In regard to the deli, as it stands, while Brendan signed it over to Ste, Doug is the one who has a personal stake in it as he put his £20,000 heritance money into it. That could be the bone of contention if they do have them fight over ownership of the business.
    Did Doug get that $20,000 in the end? Wasn't it contingent on him(them) moving back to live with his dear old dad? They were going to invest in a business out there.
    Ah, after Later? Or when Brendan got smacked round the head by Ste?
    It was after the baseball bat incident.:(
  • Options
    LittleGirlOf7LittleGirlOf7 Posts: 9,344
    Forum Member
    Hello.

Did Doug get that $20,000 in the end? Wasn't it contingent on him(them) moving back to live with his dear old dad? They were going to invest in a business out there.

Yeah, he got it after his dad, Herb, revealed he was ill.
  • Options
    AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    Yeah, he got it after his dad, Herb, revealed he was ill.
    But they put the deli up for sale then to go to America, so unless he's invested it since he got back, he hasn't put it into the business.

It's possible that some details of the exciting deli storylines have slipped my mind, however.:yawn:

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm up to Cat Friday. I still love that kiss, so so much. I just hate what follows.
This discussion has been closed.