Options

4od advert streaming

metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
Forum Member
✭✭
I've recently started using 4od more often and the advert streaming is driving my nuts to the point where I'm going to stop using it if it doesn't start working better.

My problem is the adverts, they keep stopping and starting and sometimes just hang for 30 seconds or more. It makes the compulsory ad breaks last at least twice as long as they should. The actual programs all stream fine never pausing once. All this is on the ipad by the way.

Why is this?
Am i alone?
What can be done?

Comments

• Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness that 4OD on Sky is ad free (just a single 4OD promo in the breaks)
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What platform are you watching 4oD on metanoia?

I watch 4oD on my Samsung Smart TV, and there are rarely issues with the ads. They play well and work without issues - most of the time.

There have been the odd days where they had problems, but it is nothing as dramatic as the problems you describe.
  • Options
    mfrmfr Posts: 5,627
    Forum Member
    I'm glad it's not just me. I use 4OD on YouView. As you say there's no problem at all streaming the programmes. The adverts however buffer constantly making a break last three or four times as long as it should.

I've given up on it.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,678
    Forum Member
    I move the playpoint to the end of the programme which triggers playout of all ads while I do something else. Then move the playpoint back to the start for ad-free viewing.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    I move the playpoint to the end of the programme which triggers playout of all ads while I do something else. Then move the playpoint back to the start for ad-free viewing.
    Does that really work on YouView? I also have given up on 4OD because of the adverts.
  • Options
    metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch on an Ipad, as the preview stuff generally isn't avaliable on Sky on demand. I'll certainly try that suggestion of going to the end of the program and then restarting when/if the ads all finish.
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit, for the first time in a while I hit some buffering issues during commercial breaks last night via the Samsung Smart Hub platform