BBC Bias - Trust Boss Ordered To Parliament To Explain

1235»

Comments

• LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    That really is a wild accusation.
    Do you know that the ANC kiled around 5,000 Zulus by placing a car tyre around their neck, filling it with petrol and setting it alight ?

I do want balance and that balance is clearly lacking in the BBC's continual adulation of Mandela.

Statements such as " It is clear many moaning about coverage of Mandela don't want balance, they don't want a black man featured on their TV's." really are trolling of the worst type.

Norman Tebbit was on with Shaun Ley. What more do you want?

Umpteen times, figures said that he wasn't a saint. Tebbit, Tutu, Healey etc. etc.

The BBC reporting was as fair as any I heard elsewhere including commercial radio.
  • warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Norman Tebbit was on with Shaun Ley. What more do you want?

Umpteen times, figures said that he wasn't a saint. Tebbit, Tutu, Healey etc. etc.

The BBC reporting was as fair as any I heard elsewhere including commercial radio.

I bet you have never heard this quote on the BBC

“She is an enemy of apartheid……We have much to thank her for.”

http://biasedbbc.org/blog/2013/12/08/free-nelson-mandela-2/
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    warlord wrote: »
    I bet you have never heard this quote on the BBC

“She is an enemy of apartheid……We have much to thank her for.”

http://biasedbbc.org/blog/2013/12/08/free-nelson-mandela-2/

No but my focus has never principally been on the role of the Thatcher Government, good or bad. It was on the international effort. That the Government had a more nuanced stance than in the narrow terms of sanctions is not a surprise. It is overshadowed in my mind by its earlier actions re Rhodesia where diplomacy was painstaking.

At the time of Mandela's passing you would have to be really looking for bias in wanting a full detailed account of our Government's original thinking. And I doubt a greater focus on Britain in the media would have been apt.