Ipswitch council employees made to report if they kiss fellow employees

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    Deal with the problem when it becomes a problem.
    By then it may be a criminal matter - most companies I know of would prefer to deal with it before it becomes a problem
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear OP, please find some other ways to gain attention. Or perhaps, grow up.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    By then it may be a criminal matter - most companies I know of would prefer to deal with it before it becomes a problem

What I mean't was that companies should deal with issues if issues start to arise. I'm not sure where something is going to become a criminal matter though, it would surely be rare or due to management ignoring an issue that's starting to appear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a relationship led to gross misconduct, or causes issues in the workplace, then the company should deal with that when it arises.

Most adults are perfectly capable of keeping thier private and work lives totally seperate. If I started a relationship with someone I worked with, it has got bugger all to do with my line manager or our company who I kiss or have a relationship with.

Its bad enough IMO being subject to drugs and alcohol tests, but from an H&S point of view, I grudgingly accept them, but what next? Relationships, what I watched on TV last night, pictures I may put up on facebook of me outside of work etc are my private life and management should kep their noses out.
    Prevention is better than cure. It's a lot easier to say that person X should not supervise person Y and make alternative arrangements than to deal with the legal fallout when X and Y split acrimoniously and Y claims bullying/unfair treatment/sexual harassment in the aftermath. It's just good business sense.
  • Options
    NonaNona Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    given its Ipswich i'd imagine 99% of the database would be linked to family members anyway ;)
    You know we're in Suffolk and not Norfolk right?

True, 100% would be closer to the truth.
    Puddin wrote: »
    I live there and can't stand when people spell it IpswiTch!

What about when it's spelled as 1p5wich?

:p
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't live there, but I agree with you, it's hardly rocket science is it?
    I was about to say, what do you expect from the English, but I note that the OP is from Écosse.
    Normally les écossais are better educated than les anglais, perhaps Issy went to school in England!

Ok, it was an accidental spelling mistake, thats all.
    darkisland wrote: »

Excuse me? :confused: I saw the story via twitter and thought it might be something people here would like to discuss or comment on, thats all. I didn't think it was attention seeking at all - if I wanted to do that, there are many different threads I could have started.

In what way is it immature to discuss a story in the news?.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should just tell them to naff off
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    I think you are posting in the wrong thread.

I have just discovered where I work has the same policy. I'm not sure when it was introduced.