Options

*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    x_hayes_xx_hayes_x Posts: 6,285
    Forum Member
    Magazines stirring trouble again no dout. Though I saw an interview with Minaj and when asked whether her and Gaga are similar she kinda seemed to take offense to it. Perhaps it's wrong of me to say this but I doubt Minaj would have the career she's enjoying now if it weren't for Gaga. In my opinion Gaga made being weird cool for the mainstream of the late 00's.

Yeah I agree hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's probably bored of Gaga being mentioned to her, much like Gaga got bored of Madonna being mentioned. Don't blame them. Must be quite irritating to spend precious interview time talking about something they've commented on countless times.

However, like Gaga and Madonna...I think the reality is that the connections are valid, and if Nicki wants to carry on in a perceived Gaga-esque manner, then she's going to get asked about it regardless of whether she was inspired by Gaga or not.

My personal opinion echoes yours in that Gaga paved the way for Nicki. I don't really understand why some refuse to acknowledge that Nicki did not look, sound nor act like she does now post-Gaga. Well, I do, they don't want to give Gaga any credit.

Even MTV/Billboard called Nicki (and Katy) out at the Grammys for Gaga's influence on her. Something along the lines of "if there was ever need for evidence of Gaga's effect on pop culture, it was tonight". It's not like it's just "deluded Little Monsters" who notice these things.

Well said hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Minaj has seemed relatively over-enthused at the prospect of working with Gaga. She probably doesn't register on Gaga's radar though. Gaga doesn't listen to much recent music because she's so busy. To be honest, I hardly have time either and I'm not as busy as she is lol

Lol awww! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I noticed that too. It seems that nobody can give Gaga credit for the influence she's had on the industry in the few years she's been in the media spotlight. I'm not sure why. I'm not saying that she's the reason behind everything, and sure she has her influences too but I'm not sure why lots of people can't give Gaga credit for what she's done.

I guess with Nicki, it doesn't help that she's hired Laurieann Gibson as well. My guess would be that she wants the hip-hop/rap equivalent of Gaga's career - not that I can blame her, who wouldn't want that level of success?

Yeah I guess so??? :confused: Hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there talk of them collaborating? I'm not sure my tv or computer would be able to cope with the two of them on screen at the same time!!

Lol yeah! :p;):):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/lady-gaga-cancels-jakarta-concert/520351
    Facing controversy over her concert in Indonesia, Lady Gaga’s management decided to cancel her Jakarta show on June 3.

"With deep regrets we have to say that the Lady Gaga concert that was scheduled to be held on June 3, could not be conducted," Minola Sebayang, lawyer of the concert promoter Big Daddy, said on Sunday at a press conference.

Minola said Lady Gaga’s management decided to cancel the show after considering the security measures that would be needed if the show went on.

"It is not only Lady Gaga’s security, but also the team and the audience," he said. "She was really concerned about this and she doesn't want any of the audience to get hurt. We have to respect Lady Gaga’s decision."

CEO of Big Daddy Michael Rusli said they would refund the tickets 100 percent, but they would need some time, adding that the cancellation has nothing to do with the permit that was still being reviewed.

"This is the best [solution] concerning security," Michael said.

52 thousand disappointed fans and a couple hundred smug extremists who got their way through thuggery. I hope other protest groups don't get any ideas.

From a purely monetary standpoint, they've missed out on approx. $4/5 million gross from this show.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Gaga, she must be gutted. :(
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Bless she'll be so sad but I'm happy in a sense at least we know she'll be safe now :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

52 thousand disappointed fans and a couple hundred smug extremists who got their way through thuggery. I hope other protest groups don't get any ideas.

From a purely monetary standpoint, they've missed out on approx. $4/5 million gross from this show.

Spot on there! It is an outrage and I'd have more of a rant but it's too early for it right now :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanx for posting but I'm just completely gutted for the fans! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Poor Gaga, she must be gutted. :(

Yeah I know...I know that I am! :(:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Bless she'll be so sad but I'm happy in a sense at least we know she'll be safe now :)

Part of me is absolutely gutted but the othet part of me is relieved for her safety hehe...phew lol! *Wipes brow!* :p;):):D
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wonder if she will re-group and go back later to Bhali who said they would let her stage the concert there. OK they are thinking about the boost to turisim but so what :)

Would have to be more than one show to accomodate the numbers but it would be a way of making a statement and sticking two fingers up to the indonisian government for giving in to threats
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Spot on there! It is an outrage and I'd have more of a rant but it's too early for it right now :yawn:

I know hehe...it's too early to get into a rant lol! :sleep: :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Slojo wrote: »
    Wonder if she will re-group and go back later to Bhali who said they would let her stage the concert there. OK they are thinking about the boost to turisim but so what :)

Would have to be more than one show to accomodate the numbers but it would be a way of making a statement and sticking two fingers up to the indonisian government for giving in to threats

Yeah I wonder if she will or not??? :confused: Hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    x_hayes_x wrote: »
    Part of me is absolutely gutted but the othet part of me is relieved for her safety hehe...phew lol! *Wipes brow!* :p;):):D

Yeah I do feel very sorry for the fans who have missed out on the show it was really not fair on them, but it would have also been unfair to see Gaga get hurt...double edged sword really
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I do feel very sorry for the fans who have missed out on the show it was really not fair on them, but it would have also been unfair to see Gaga get hurt...double edged sword really

Yeah exactly hehe...at least Gaga is now out of harms way lol!
  • Options
    Kat's StilettosKat's Stilettos Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    The 21st Century. We live in the 21st century, yet this hate and anger and prejudging of others still burns around the world.

It really is pathetic. People are starving. People are killing themselves. People live on the streets because they have no where else to go and yet these bullies stand in protest over a concert? It's the wrong things that make the news.

Another thing, how can these thugs condemn and tell others they are "Going to Hell"? They aren't Gods, they are humans, like me, like you and like Gaga. What gives them the right to take away the rights of others and tell others how to live their lives?

I hope this doesn't sound anti-religious, because it isn't. I would whole heartily stand for people who aren't allowed to practice the faith they want. But this isn't practicing their faith, it is taking advantage of it. Using "God's word" as a key to hold a country back and not allow citizens of our Earth to believe and feel what they want is 100% wrong and the Government are definitely fighting off the wrong group of people.

What they say about Gaga is ridiculous anyway. So because she doesn't wear a turtle neck and sing sweet ballads, that means that she is a threat to their nation and will poison their citizens? What?! Are they frigging kidding?
    And how they say "Lady GaGa fans, stop complaining. Repent and stop worshipping the devil. Do you want your lives taken away by God as infidels?" The Devil? What a joke. So now this woman from New York is the Devil, eh? This woman who fights for equalities and have saved so many people from their own demons is the Devil? Perhaps if these people spent less time making their little signs (Which call her Mother Monster. Why thank you Indonesia, that's exactly what she is) and more time researching what Gaga actually stands for and what her songs mean and how many lives of the "youth" she has saved, then maybe they'd be more educated in their prejudgment.

Although I am happy Gaga didn't back down and change who she was for the sake of a few hundred bullies and that she is safe from harm, I do feel sorry for those poor fans who will probably never get to see her live and feel as connected to other Monsters as others can.

So in my eyes, the Born This Way ball is dedicated to those Indonesian fans who have lost their voice. We'll unite and stand for them, because they can't stand for themselves. This is more than just the concert, this is their rights and their voices as human beings. We are blessed to live in a more understanding and peaceful environment. But if they can't be heard, we will be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The 21st Century. We live in the 21st century, yet this hate and anger and prejudging of others still burns around the world.

It really is pathetic. People are starving. People are killing themselves. People live on the streets because they have no where else to go and yet these bullies stand in protest over a concert? It's the wrong things that make the news.

Another thing, how can these thugs condemn and tell others they are "Going to Hell"? They aren't Gods, they are humans, like me, like you and like Gaga. What gives them the right to take away the rights of others and tell others how to live their lives?

I hope this doesn't sound anti-religious, because it isn't. I would whole heartily stand for people who aren't allowed to practice the faith they want. But this isn't practicing their faith, it is taking advantage of it. Using "God's word" as a key to hold a country back and not allow citizens of our Earth to believe and feel what they want is 100% wrong and the Government are definitely fighting off the wrong group of people.

What they say about Gaga is ridiculous anyway. So because she doesn't wear a turtle neck and sing sweet ballads, that means that she is a threat to their nation and will poison their citizens? What?! Are they frigging kidding?
    And how they say "Lady GaGa fans, stop complaining. Repent and stop worshipping the devil. Do you want your lives taken away by God as infidels?" The Devil? What a joke. So now this woman from New York is the Devil, eh? This woman who fights for equalities and have saved so many people from their own demons is the Devil? Perhaps if these people spent less time making their little signs (Which call her Mother Monster. Why thank you Indonesia, that's exactly what she is) and more time researching what Gaga actually stands for and what her songs mean and how many lives of the "youth" she has saved, then maybe they'd be more educated in their prejudgment.

Although I am happy Gaga didn't back down and change who she was for the sake of a few hundred bullies and that she is safe from harm, I do feel sorry for those poor fans who will probably never get to see her live and feel as connected to other Monsters as others can.

So in my eyes, the Born This Way ball is dedicated to those Indonesian fans who have lost their voice. We'll unite and stand for them, because they can't stand for themselves. This is more than just the concert, this is their rights and their voices as human beings. We are blessed to live in a more understanding and peaceful environment. But if they can't be heard, we will be.

That sums it up completely hehe...well said lol! :p;):):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

THIS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    THIS!

Exactly hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That'll be deleted when mods see it because some people could find it offensive. PC juggernauts at work getting offended on the behalf of others.

But I agree with what you say 100%.

In a few years, when she's a billionaire (it's totally happening) she should buy indonesia and be like "yah, what now?".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That'll be deleted when mods see it because some people could find it offensive. PC juggernauts at work getting offended on the behalf of others.

But I agree with what you say 100%.

In a few years, when she's a billionaire (it's totally happening) she should buy indonesia and be like "yah, what now?".

Yeah she should buy Indonesia in few years, I agree! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Kat's StilettosKat's Stilettos Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I thought it may get deleted, but I was so angry and upset I had to get it out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to applaud Kat's Stilettos earlier post, such a shame for all her fans that bought tickets hopefully one day she'll perform there for them. On the plus side at least she'll be safe from harm now would have been to risky to chance it to many people would have been at risk if something did happen.