Two episodes in and this is a rubbish start to a new season

2»

Comments

• InsomniacParadeInsomniacParade Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly it appears a lot of X Factor viewers are unable to appreciate genuinely talented people who can sing their own music live. I've never been on the X Factor forum before, I expected people to be raving about how great Jamie and Lucy are, I am totally perplexed by the negative reaction on here, I am sorry for all those FMs who must only have access to Karaoke in their home towns and don't know what real music is.

Either that or they have listened to enough music that they can see that Lucy was pretty much just Kate Nash with a Northern accent. Or maybe, they have listened to enough music that they have gone beyond the "inserting an acoustic guitar and a rap automatically makes every song better" way of thinking that The X-Factor seems to be stuck in.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I think the show itself as in all the filler and pacing has been pretty bad, but in terms of talent this year seems pretty good so far. So I'm cautiously optimistic that as things progress we could potentially have a good year.
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be watching a different show because we have seen incredibly gifted musicians and artists and not karaoke singers for a change, people who actually perform their own material and show originality.

Ella Henderson, Jahmene Douglas, Curtis Golden, Lucy Spraggan, James Arthur, Kye Sones. These are very talented people, and not ur ordinary popstar

Yes your right, but we are not getting to hear loads of good singers because of all the carp in between. Its kind of one good singer then a advert break, then 2 lots of rubbish, then towards the end another good singer. WHERE are all the other singers? I am not enjoying it this year to be honest.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    I so enjoy slagging this show off but frankly my Sky+ FF button is on overtime - my boredom threshold has been exceeded by this utter yawnfest of a soap opera
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    still like the xfactor but its not as good as it used to be and last nights show was rubbish
  • BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I agree that the audience has utterly killed the audition stage.

We used to watch the contestants go on a genuine journey - from singing unaided in just a small room, to small theaters etc. at bootcamp, all the way to singing on stage to a live audience with a backing track etc. We saw them go from somebody off the street to a pop star over the course of a few months. Now that sense of progress is lost - they start off in bigger venues than they end up in in the live show - we talk about how the pace of the episodes is off this year, but I think that the live auditions has actually thrown the pace of the SERIES off.

Also, the joke acts are unbearable now. I may be in a minority, but I've never enjoyed seeing the rubbish singers, the deluded singers and the frankly mentally touched singers who come in and wail in daft costumes. I just think there's something uncomfortable about the way that these people are built up, put through however many rounds there are before meeting the judges, given hope... all so that they can be put on TV to be laughed at. It's just smug bullying, and now I think that less and less people are finding it funny because it's so much worse with the live audience. Not only are these people being made a fool of in front of millions on the biggest TV show of the week, but they have an audience of thousands literally laughing to their face as they sing, complete with camera cuts of people in the adience scoffing, mocking or genuinely looking disgusted that such people dare to actually try and live out their dreams. I've always thought that the bad people should be weeded out in the pre-Judge rounds rather than humiliated by the judges for the amusement of those at home, but now with the audience it's so very much worse.

And don't even get me started on how the judges and the acts play up to the audience now...

I sound like I hate the show, but I don't - from bootcamp on I'm always hooked, I like this judging panel,and I must say that the fact that they're allowing original songs this year bodes incredibly well. I think we're in for a good season.

But the audition stage is just awful now.
  • kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the audience has utterly killed the audition stage.

We used to watch the contestants go on a genuine journey - from singing unaided in just a small room, to small theaters etc. at bootcamp, all the way to singing on stage to a live audience with a backing track etc. We saw them go from somebody off the street to a pop star over the course of a few months. Now that sense of progress is lost - they start off in bigger venues than they end up in in the live show - we talk about how the pace of the episodes is off this year, but I think that the live auditions has actually thrown the pace of the SERIES off.

Also, the joke acts are unbearable now. I may be in a minority, but I've never enjoyed seeing the rubbish singers, the deluded singers and the frankly mentally touched singers who come in and wail in daft costumes. I just think there's something uncomfortable about the way that these people are built up, put through however many rounds there are before meeting the judges, given hope... all so that they can be put on TV to be laughed at. It's just smug bullying, and now I think that less and less people are finding it funny because it's so much worse with the live audience. Not only are these people being made a fool of in front of millions on the biggest TV show of the week, but they have an audience of thousands literally laughing to their face as they sing, complete with camera cuts of people in the adience scoffing, mocking or genuinely looking disgusted that such people dare to actually try and live out their dreams. I've always thought that the bad people should be weeded out in the pre-Judge rounds rather than humiliated by the judges for the amusement of those at home, but now with the audience it's so very much worse.

And don't even get me started on how the judges and the acts play up to the audience now...

I sound like I hate the show, but I don't - from bootcamp on I'm always hooked, I like this judging panel,and I must say that the fact that they're allowing original songs this year bodes incredibly well. I think we're in for a good season.

But the audition stage is just awful now.

I agree with all but your penultimate paragraph.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Syco/the producers/whoever have forgotten that all reality shows have 'a journey', and viewers like that journey