Lady Gaga's ass

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Urban myth. Marilyn, whilst curvy (in the true definition of the word) was tiny by today's standards. Women (and men too, but they don't pay as much attention, which is probably why they're off earning higher salaries and waging wars) are simply bigger now than they used to be. Not unhealthily skinny, mind: they weren't gaunt, runway model types at all. The diet of the fifties and sixties was just very different. Sizing has become a lot more generous since then. If you stuck me as a size 14-16 next to Marilyn (who was rumoured to be a size 14-16), I've no doubt she would be extremely small next to me.

Anyway, with that said, I find it uncomfortable that people seem to take such pleasure in criticising female celebritie's bodies. Gaga's figure is fine, that's just clearly a very unflattering outfit and shot.

Sorry but Marilyn was big during The Prince & The Showgirl. Her butt and thighs had doubled. This was one of the reasons her depression came back so strongly towards that latter part of her career.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps it's 'the munchies'. :o
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but Marilyn was big during The Prince & The Showgirl. Her butt and thighs had doubled. This was one of the reasons her depression came back so strongly towards that latter part of her career.

Yes, but big by the standards of her generation, or big by the standards of ours? Because there is a difference.
  • Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    I was her in person in London two Weeks ago, all be it on stage, but her ass looked great :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Marilyn and Christina's figures are nowhere near the same. Marilyn always (even in her heavier days) had a tiny waist, hips and boobs.

Christina right now has no waist, where her waist should be is her largest part. Christina is an apple shape right now.

Marilyn's figure is closer to Marina Diamandis' figure, tiny waist big boobs.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uhm she had the most amazing perked ass wtf has happend.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only people who think that are diehard Madonna fans;)

I agree with that FM and I can't stand Madonna.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over-exposure on so many levels. Does she ever stop touring? Someone needs to tell her to go on holiday for half a year.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone needs to tell her to go on holiday forever
    EFT :p
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I realise I'm probably just going to get dismissed as a Gaga fan but I really find it so sad reading this thread and all the horrible comments about her weight. And I would actually think that about any woman those comments were made about. We as a society spend so much time complaining (rightly so) about how there's so much pressure on young women especially to look a certain way - and generally leading unhealthy lives to attain these tiny figures. And the minute somebody in the spotlight puts on some weight, and let's be realistic here - she's nowhere near obese - we all jump on them and judge them for it. It's really disgusting. How would you like it if people were saying that about your friend, your daughter, your mother? It's uncalled for and unnecessary and if anything we should be celebrating that Gaga is embracing her curves rather than covering herself up or starving herself.
    She became scarily thin during her last tour so I'm glad she's not going down that route again. And as one of the side effects of lupus (which she suffers from) is weight gain, I find these comments even more distasteful.
    And whilst she's put herself in the position of celebrity, I still don't think that's an open invitation to judge her on her weight - there are more important things in life than pointing, laughing and taking pleasure in somebody for putting on a few pounds.
    Sorry if I've ruffled feathers but as somebody who's struggled with body issues, and close relatives suffering from eating disorders I just find some of the posts on this thread really uncalled for.
  • Options
    STACEYFISHERSTACEYFISHER Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Well Gaga fans reap what they sow if you ask me. They had no problems in taking the piss out of Adele's weight for most of last year just because she out sold Gaga and Gaga fans have always attacked Britney and Christina for their weight issues. Now the boot is on the other foot they don't like it and have gone all defensive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's a really childish position to take. I'm not speaking as a gaga fan but as a woman - and I would never condone any judgement or immature name-calling of anyone, be it Adele, Britney or Xtina. In writing that post, I think you've sunk to the same level of that section of fans that you're so against.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna is paying The Sun serious wedge to show pics of gaga looking like a fatty. Its all a big conspiracy to keep her as queen of pop (even tho she's close to drawing her pension).
  • Options
    STACEYFISHERSTACEYFISHER Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I think that's a really childish position to take. I'm not speaking as a gaga fan but as a woman - and I would never condone any judgement or immature name-calling of anyone, be it Adele, Britney or Xtina. In writing that post, I think you've sunk to the same level of that section of fans that you're so against.

Erm not really. You see all I have done is highlight how these little monsters spent the best part of last year trolling everything Adele with jibes about her weight.

Now Lady Gaga is the one receiving the abuse these little monsters don't like it. There is a word for that. Karma.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I'm not a little monster - I object to the jibes just because I think they're cruel and unnecessary, not because I'm a hypocrite.
    Wouldn't you think that whoever is doing the name-calling is wrong no matter who it's about? It doesn't matter whether it's about Adele, Madonna, Gaga or Xtina. I'm in no way professing that a small faction of Gaga's fans haven't said unforgivable things, but that's not to say that every Gaga fan has done so. I'm just saying two wrongs don't make a right, and instead of pointing the finger and saying ha karma, and looking on it with satisfaction - you should condemn any kind of name-calling?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, Gaga is very much inviting us to comment on her appearance by wearing such outfits. I'm sure she relishes the attention, good or bad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnHughes wrote: »
    Madonna is paying The Sun serious wedge to show pics of gaga looking like a fatty. Its all a big conspiracy to keep her as queen of pop (even tho she's close to drawing her pension).

You could be onto something there :D
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Gaga fans reap what they sow if you ask me. They had no problems in taking the piss out of Adele's weight for most of last year just because she out sold Gaga and Gaga fans have always attacked Britney and Christina for their weight issues. Now the boot is on the other foot they don't like it and have gone all defensive.

Who have gone all defensive? No one here is. And I am a "Gaga fan", did I make jibes at Adele? Am I being defensive? Am I attacking Britney and Christina? No. So your post is all a bit crap to be honest.

And yes she has put weight on, very clearly. But who cares, if she, or Adele and Christina for that matter, are happy with their size, then I'm all for them. I like her for her music and her message, not her dress size.
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Urban myth. Marilyn, whilst curvy (in the true definition of the word) was tiny by today's standards. Women (and men too, but they don't pay as much attention, which is probably why they're off earning higher salaries and waging wars) are simply bigger now than they used to be. Not unhealthily skinny, mind: they weren't gaunt, runway model types at all. The diet of the fifties and sixties was just very different. Sizing has become a lot more generous since then. If you stuck me as a size 14-16 next to Marilyn (who was rumoured to be a size 14-16), I've no doubt she would be extremely small next to me.

Anyway, with that said, I find it uncomfortable that people seem to take such pleasure in criticising female celebritie's bodies. Gaga's figure is fine, that's just clearly a very unflattering outfit and shot.

That's very true - and if a modern human being went back to the middle ages they would probably find themselves huge in comparison to the average person then - both in height and girth. Nutrition makes a huge difference.

Problem is that women are expected to maintain the slender figure of yesterday whereas men are just allowed to be men. Like you I find it a shame that people judge female celebrities so much on physical image rather than talent, it seems even worse than a few years ago, as if feminism is going backward!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Rotationbl wrote: »
    The thing is, Gaga is very much inviting us to comment on her appearance by wearing such outfits. I'm sure she relishes the attention, good or bad.

Isn't that kind of similar to the "she asked for it" rape excuse?