My iPod switches itself off

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,767
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, I don't know whether this is the right thread or not, and I apologise if it is.

Basically, I was playing on my 4th Generation iPod Touch earlier, until it randomly the screen switched itself to the apple logo, then a blank screen. I did the old hold lock and hold button routine, which worked a treat, but now it's switching itself off at random times!

Can anyone help me to fix this problem? I have 1.2gb usage left, of that helps.

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be a dodgy power button. Happened with our 2nd gen one though now it stays on and never goes off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been working perfectly until today. Weird.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I don't know whether this is the right thread or not, and I apologise if it is.

Basically, I was playing on my 4th Generation iPod Touch earlier, until it randomly the screen switched itself to the apple logo, then a blank screen. I did the old hold lock and hold button routine, which worked a treat, but now it's switching itself off at random times!

Can anyone help me to fix this problem? I have 1.2gb usage left, of that helps.

It's worth making an appointment at your nearest Apple store with a 'Genius', they have diagnostic software which might explain what's going on.