God Of War: Ascension

2»

Comments

• TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.

Not really enjoying it... dissapointing bearing in mind the first three were brilliant.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Thanks.

Not really enjoying it... dissapointing bearing in mind the first three were brilliant.
    I stopped playing it due to the audio issues. Once SSM release patch v1.04 I will be back on it.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uhh....I hate gaming prequels. There's zero excitement playing a game when you already know all the future events.
    What next?
    A pre-prequel:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been aware of the audio issues, but also had a visual issue last night. When I first got the ice weapon. The area I was in was all dark until I was hitting things with my weapon which lit up the room. I died and returned to the same area and it was all lit up this time.

It's alright, but there's not much narrative. It's climb, hack/slash, then climb then hack/slash.

Might get rid of it... what's everyone else doing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    I'm guessing this sold under expectations, i'm already seeing it under £25 online!

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/god-of-war-ascension/10605045.html
    A week later and it's £43.98. As I said previously, don't read too much into the prices.
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    A week later and it's £43.98. As I said previously, don't read too much into the prices.
    What should we read into this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What should we read into this?
    That an analysts' view is just an guess/opinion from someone who gets paid to forecast or interpret certain trends/information.

The games may not have sold as well as their predecessors but if the sales fall in line with what the platform holders were expecting (and we don't know what they were expecting) who are we or some analyst to call it a failure?

Also the figures are US only.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get into it. It feels such a chore to play! It's a shame, it feels really rushed and repetitive.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get into it. It feels such a chore to play! It's a shame, it feels really rushed and repetitive.

I feel pretty much the same .... It just doesn't do anything 4 me! :( /shrug
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I feel pretty much the same .... It just doesn't do anything 4 me! :( /shrug

its been sat on the shelf for weeks and i can bring myself to carry on :(

Its a shame when I like my Kratos sackboy keyring more than the game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave it another chance and I'm glad I did... from Chapter 12/30, this game really begins to shine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Chapter 20 now and there's an incredibly hard boss fight that's pissed me off so much I'm going to sell it.

How do you kill 2 bosses on screen at once with no magic?! It's just impossible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got as as far as The Trial of Archimedes on normal difficulty and I had to put the pad down. Evidently I don't have what it takes to finish this game. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonesey wrote: »
    I got as as far as The Trial of Archimedes on normal difficulty and I had to put the pad down. Evidently I don't have what it takes to finish this game. :cry:

I'm stuck on that now. It's an absolute pisstake if I'm being honest.

There's 3 boss fights, and if you die after completing 2 out of 3, you start all over again. I don't see how it's possible to be honest, especially given you get no health during the trial.

Might have to bin this one off.
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you can get past the first stage of the trial with at least half of your health the rest is pretty straight forward, if not you're screwed :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I'm stuck on that now. It's an absolute pisstake if I'm being honest.

There's 3 boss fights, and if you die after completing 2 out of 3, you start all over again. I don't see how it's possible to be honest, especially given you get no health during the trial.

Might have to bin this one off.

Just got to this bit myself and i don't think i've ever sworn so loudly at a videogame before...it's not fun, it's just extremely frustrating. If they'd had save points between the different stages (at least on Normal difficulty) then it would have been more tolerable, but to force you right back to the beginning each time is just annoying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Just got to this bit myself and i don't think i've ever sworn so loudly at a videogame before...it's not fun, it's just extremely frustrating. If they'd had save points between the different stages (at least on Normal difficulty) then it would have been more tolerable, but to force you right back to the beginning each time is just annoying.

I know, it's horrible, but I guess it just takes practice.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game was patched at the end of March, have those struggling with the Trial of Archimedes downloaded that patch?

It doesn't add save points/checkpoints but it does give health orbs and magic orbs.

As I said earlier, it wasn't game-breaking for me, just frustrating. There are much harder parts of other GOW games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I liked the story, and found the ending better than GOW 3.

Anyone been playing the multiplayer? It's actually really fun, and there's always a lot of people playing.