Options

Humax locking up instantly power cycle doesn't resolve ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
Forum Member
Just checked and thought this would be sticky ?

My Mums Humax locked up on Sunday on ITV1, she power cycled it and box boots up then instantly freezes, no time to change channel press menu etc anything.

After a circus with appalling John Lewis customer service where they first agreed to replace the box but wanted to charge £40 as the price has gone up since my Mum bought this a few months ago, then said they no longer sell Humax so wanted to substitute a Grundig unit, then john lewis said they won't support any product they sell, and manufacturer needs to sort this out with a repair etc, and a load of other hassle we finally managed to speak to someone at Humax, who said this is a known problem affecting some boxes on some transmitters, and they have a reset procedure to unlock the box - we've run this through and this worked for Mums, so I've pasted it in below.

Humax helpdesk is being flooded with calls for this, so its taking them a very long time to answer calls, so hope this might help someone else:

Dear customer,

Please follow below to resolve the issue you are experiencing:

1. Power OFF the receiver

2. Disconnect the Aerial cable

3. Power On the receiver

4. Press MENU

5. Select Installation

6. Enter your password (default = 0000)

7. Select Default Setting

8. Select YES

9. Enter your password (Default = 0000)

10. When the receiver restarts, power off

11. Connect the Aerial Cable

12. Power ON - the receiver will then search for the channels.

Comments

• Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    jblackmore wrote: »
    Just checked and thought this would be sticky ?

My Mums Humax locked up on Sunday on ITV1, she power cycled it and box boots up then instantly freezes, no time to change channel press menu etc anything.

After a circus with appalling John Lewis customer service where they first agreed to replace the box but wanted to charge £40 as the price has gone up since my Mum bought this a few months ago, then said they no longer sell Humax so wanted to substitute a Grundig unit, then john lewis said they won't support any product they sell, and manufacturer needs to sort this out with a repair etc, and a load of other hassle we finally managed to speak to someone at Humax, who said this is a known problem affecting some boxes on some transmitters, and they have a reset procedure to unlock the box - we've run this through and this worked for Mums, so I've pasted it in below.

Humax helpdesk is being flooded with calls for this, so its taking them a very long time to answer calls, so hope this might help someone else:

Dear customer,

Please follow below to resolve the issue you are experiencing:

1. Power OFF the receiver

2. Disconnect the Aerial cable

3. Power On the receiver

4. Press MENU

5. Select Installation

6. Enter your password (default = 0000)

7. Select Default Setting

8. Select YES

9. Enter your password (Default = 0000)

10. When the receiver restarts, power off

11. Connect the Aerial Cable

12. Power ON - the receiver will then search for the channels.

Does this delete existing recordings as I have a similar problem but don't want to lose my recordings.
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    Does this delete existing recordings as I have a similar problem but don't want to lose my recordings.
    No, recordings should not be affected.
  • Options
    westonewestone Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this, sorted mine. Note that it will delete list of scheduled recordings.