What do you think of this Laptop for the price?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BQ9HY8U/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0RNM11XQ1TDG8DMWFPMD&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=358549767&pf_rd_i=468294

Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH532
15.6 inch laptop (black)
Intel Core i3-3120M Processor (3M Cache, 2.50 GHz)
4GB RAM
500GB hard disk
DVDRW SM
Intel HD graphics 4000
Intel Centrino N2230 802.11b/g/n WLAN, Bluetooth v4.0, HD webcam, Windows 8 64-bit

£289

Seems reasonable...I think :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit more feedback in this thread from hotukdeals
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    t's ok - nothing special. Would do any basic tasks fine.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit big and bulky by modern standards.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the i3 Ivy Bridge Chip and HD4000 was quite good for £289? Is there anything better for that price out there?
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Which? tested this machine when it was £399 and found it OK but overpriced. At £289 it appears to be a good deal. Here's a sample of what they said -

"The trackpad is extremely odd. It's as if someone left the laptop out in the cold and it got goosebumps. The pimples all over the trackpad feel strange when you're running your finger over them to move the cursor around. Definitely try it out before you buy, as not everyone will take to it.

The glossy screen is crisp and bright in regular lighting - so it'll look great if you're using it at home with a light on - but it becomes very reflective and difficult to see clearly when stronger light bounces off of it, so it'll be harder to see if you're using it outside.

It has a relatively solid build, but also feels a little cheap and plasticky.

There are three USB 3.0 ports down the left hand side of the laptop. They're a bit squashed, which could be problematic if you're plugging in more than one thing at a time, and the mouldings around the connectors are bulky. There's also one USB 2.0 port on the right.

Start-up takes just over a minute, so it's not quick to get going even before you start adding more of your own software.

Pros: Easy setup, three USB 3.0 ports.

Cons: Battery life on the short side, unusual trackpad."