Humax 1000S problem

GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I purchased one of these when I cancelled my sky account.
It's been working fine for a few weeks, however when I switched on this morning, I noticed that it was very sluggish and when selecting a channel to view from the epg, I would get asked if I wanted to view it in HD, I selected yes, but it would then only show the HD version in the small window within the epg. I had to back out of the epg to view the channel, only to find that it was the SD version.

I powered down at the plug, waited about a minute or so, then powered back up.

Now, it is still sluggish, but when in the epg I select a channel, it offers me the option to select the HD version but when I do it still goes to a SD channel.

Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

I have only had the box about a month.

I am tempted to do a factory reset but am concerned that I would lose any recordings on the drive.

I hope all this makes sense. Just finished a week of nights and am like a zombie.

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A factory reset won't affect your recordings, it will delete your recording schedule though so make a note of it first. At a guess the box is busy with some background task, try turning it on and leave it alone for around 30 minutes or so to see if it fixes itself.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will, although I can't think what background task / tasks it could doing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might have been correct because today the box is running fine again.

One thing though, If I go into the epg and select a channel to watch and am asked if I want to view the HD version, I select it and the mini window goes to the HD version and I have to use the exit button.

Unless I am going senile, I am sure it used to go directly to a HD channel if selected.
    Am I right or is my memory failing me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One thing though, If I go into the epg and select a channel to watch and am asked if I want to view the HD version, I select it and the mini window goes to the HD version and I have to use the exit button.

Unless I am going senile, I am sure it used to go directly to a HD channel if selected.

I hardly ever use SD channels where a HD one exists. So it's been a while since I saw the prompt. I think it was always like that though. There hasn't been a recent software update so I guess it must have always been the same.
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am not sure I understand you correctly, if you are in the EPG and select a SD channel and select a channel and choose to watch now. You should have exited the EPG and then the on-screen message would take you to the HD channel.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    I am not sure I understand you correctly, if you are in the EPG and select a SD channel and select a channel and choose to watch now. You should have exited the EPG and then the on-screen message would take you to the HD channel.

Mine works in the same way as GrannyGruntbuck has said when selecting the Watch now in HD option when selecting 101 & 103, well any SD channel that has the Watch now in HD option you have to press exit to go full screen.
    Selecting the HD channels directly exits the guide and goes full screen as expected as it does with the SD channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Mine works in the same way as GrannyGruntbuck has said when selecting the Watch now in HD option when selecting 101 & 103, well any SD channel that has the Watch now in HD option you have to press exit to go full screen.
    Selecting the HD channels directly exits the guide and goes full screen as expected as it does with the SD channels.

Yes, that is right.

I am fairly sure that originally (only had the box a few weeks) that didn't happen and it would take me directly to the HD channel rather than just seeing the HD version in the mini screen and then having to press exit to view that HD channel in full screen.

Unless my memory is failing me, I work lots of nights so I am often like a zombie.
  • rklrkl Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    To avoid any HD prompting, I simply deleted all the SD channels that had HD equivalents (I wish there was a settings options to do this). Of course, then the HD channels don't line up in "order" (BBC 1 HD, BBC 2 HD etc.) in the EPG which is maddening - the 1000S won't let you move the channel order around.

BTW, the latest firmware update out this week, now offers the option to stop the HD prompting in the Settings section (I guess enough people had complained about it :-) ).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rkl wrote: »
    To avoid any HD prompting, I simply deleted all the SD channels that had HD equivalents (I wish there was a settings options to do this). Of course, then the HD channels don't line up in "order" (BBC 1 HD, BBC 2 HD etc.) in the EPG which is maddening - the 1000S won't let you move the channel order around.

BTW, the latest firmware update out this week, now offers the option to stop the HD prompting in the Settings section (I guess enough people had complained about it :-) ).

There is now a HD channel option in the genre epg options. No Freesat box will let you re-order the channel order.
  • ab48ukab48uk Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like the EPG to list HD channels by default, rather than always reverting to 'All Channels'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ab48uk wrote: »
    I would like the EPG to list HD channels by default, rather than always reverting to 'All Channels'.

Often asked for, unfortunately Freesat don't appear to support the change. :confused:

It took a long time for Freesat to even add the HD genre.
  • lucaspowelllucaspowell Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Hi, can anyone answer this? Just bought an HDR1000S. Guide does not show all channel logos and on demand players/apps do not show images. Showcase works. Any ideas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, can anyone answer this? Just bought an HDR1000S. Guide does not show all channel logos and on demand players/apps do not show images. Showcase works. Any ideas?

Waiting a while may work. If not post in this thread.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/help-unable-to-use-ondemand-or-showcase