Who would make a good female super-hero for a new Marvel movie?

124»

Comments

• GoldenXpGoldenXp Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    She hulk would make a good movie if done right. The fact that hulk films haven't ever been that well received might out them off, but I think she's more suited to film more than hulk is really as she keeps her ability to talk...

It's a shame rogue won't likely get a film made as the ingredients for a good film are all there with her
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I have to agree that She-Hulk could be an interesting choice

It seems though that Marvel have their films planned ahead for a while although that does include the female lead Captain Marvel

By the way to the previous poster that suggested Spider-Woman she is actually owned by Sony as they own any Spider-related characters when they bought the rights to Spiderman.I would assume that would include the new characters from the comics like Silk and Spider-Gwen as well
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how they're going to deal with Carol Danvers's origin story.
    Forum Member
    Maybe they will deal with it in another Marvel film before the Captain Marvel film or maybe they will do what they did with the Inhumans and deal with it in Agents Of SHIELD
  • HumbuggedHumbugged Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I have to agree that She-Hulk could be an interesting choice

It seems though that Marvel have their films planned ahead for a while although that does include the female lead Captain Marvel

By the way to the previous poster that suggested Spider-Woman she is actually owned by Sony as they own any Spider-related characters when they bought the rights to Spiderman.I would assume that would include the new characters from the comics like Silk and Spider-Gwen as well

I'm sure you are right that Sony don't own the rights to Jessica Drew as she was seriously in betting for who Skye would turn out to be for most of the past year and a bit(until KMac showed up as The Doctor). If they did that would have been shot down straight away .And I saw Chloe Bennet (back in March) ask Jeph Loeb directly if she was going to be Spider Woman and she got a mibbaes aye,mibbaes naw answer not the we don't have the rights.
    I wonder how they're going to deal with Carol Danvers's origin story.

They are doing the Ant-Man origin story in flashback with added 1960's Peggy Carter .Maybe they will do the same with Carol .Or she will be Inhuman as she had Kree in her.
    Forum Member
    Well Im sure that Sony own the rights to any spider-related character like Spiderwoman just like Fox own the rights to any characters that are linked to the X Men or Fantastic Four like Silver Surfer etc

If you search online you can find lists of which comic book characters are owned by which studio.Its very interesting read but I understand why you wouldn't believe it!
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Aside from Ms Marvel (who we already know is getting a film) I would like to see a Spiderwoman/Spidergirl film; or at least have the character appear in Avengers 3/Civil War.
    mprince wrote: »
    Speaking up for the rival DC fans: I'd love to see a Supergirl reboot! Handled in the right way (not dark), it would be great!
    Keep your eyes pealed. (I think) the CW network are looking at a Supergirl tv show to run alongside Arrow and Flash.
  • Wolfman13Wolfman13 Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Aside from Ms Marvel (who we already know is getting a film) I would like to see a Spiderwoman/Spidergirl film; or at least have the character appear in Avengers 3/Civil War.Keep your eyes pealed. (I think) the CW network are looking at a Supergirl tv show to run alongside Arrow and Flash.

Looking forward to that and there's rumours of Gemma Atkinson (ex Hollyoaks sp) in talks with playing the lead. :o
    Forum Member
    Im not looking forward to this Supergirl TV show as it seems a poor idea for a TV show just like the rumoured Krypton TV show as well!

Im still thinking that DC do have an overall plan to eventually link the TV world and the film world as a lot of characters being used were part of the classic DC story Crisis On Infinite Earths
    Forum Member
    Im not looking forward to this Supergirl TV show as it seems a poor idea for a TV show just like the rumoured Krypton TV show as well!
    The Krypton show is being done by Syfy (I think) so not, I ain't looking forward to that at all. However the Supergirl show is being built up by the same guys who are behind Arrow and Flash (I think) and they've done a superb job with those two, and I've no doubt they'll get the third show off to a good start too.
  • k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Squirrel Girl, only because Kristen Schaal would be perfect for the role.
  • weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    k0213818 wrote: »
    Squirrel Girl, only because Kristen Schaal would be perfect for the role.

A Squirrel Girl movie would be AWESOME!

A really fun character and could be a really crazy Guardians of the Galaxy type movie. :D
    Forum Member
    Despite the fact that the Supergirl show is being done by the same people as Arrow and Flash which I both love.I still don't hold out much hope for it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I would love to see a Ms Marvel film with Kamala Khan in it.

G
  • theAREtheARE Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that Agent of Shield has
    Revealed Skye to be Daisy Johnson / Quake
    I would sort of hope that eventually she gets to cross over into the films.
    I doubt she'll appear in Age of Ultron, but could easily show up from that point onwards.
    Obviously the character can tie in with Inhumans, but can also easily team up with the Avengers too
    Forum Member
    theARE wrote: »
    Now that Agent of Shield has
    Revealed Skye to be Daisy Johnson / Quake
    I would sort of hope that eventually she gets to cross over into the films.
    I doubt she'll appear in Age of Ultron, but could easily show up from that point onwards.
    Obviously the character can tie in with Inhumans, but can also easily team up with the Avengers too
    The problem being, they can't start mixing their tv crew with their cinematic crew. If they use too many actors/actresses from their tv universe in their movie universe, then those cast members are going to start wanting more money.

I suspect this is part the reason why DC have recast Flash (and no doubt eventually Arrow) for their movies cause they don't want to lose out on their tv shows. All depends on the actor/actress in question, some will get greedy (RDJ) others likely are more in it for the fans than the finance (like Greg Clark).
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Despite the fact that the Supergirl show is being done by the same people as Arrow and Flash which I both love.I still don't hold out much hope for it

Really? I've seen three episodes of "Supergirl" and it's good. Nice family entertainment,
    and it seems to be getting good ratings and reviews. Maybe this, "Agent Carter" and
    "Jessica Jones" will mean we can see more films about female comic book characters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Spider-Gwen, and Anita Blake :p