Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I have just made my pal read this forum. When I told her that Cilla Black and Barbara Windsor were absolutely awful, she didn't believe me. She does now!! Thanks everyone who agreed with me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum has told me David Jason is quite a rude person (suprisingly) and my brother's freind met Brian May at a Foo Fighters concert and said he was up his own backside.

I have met David Jason - it was in a bar after a work assignment - and he was lovely, really nice and friendly. However he is a very private person and actually quite shy which can sometimes come over as rudeness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Yes, I agree. David Jason is a very private person and doesn't feel very comfortable with all the attention he gets. Sometimes he may appear aloof and rude, but he most certainly isn't - he's lovely. Have spent many hours in his company and he's great.
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapdiva wrote: »
    Yes, I agree. David Jason is a very private person and doesn't feel very comfortable with all the attention he gets. Sometimes he may appear aloof and rude, but he most certainly isn't - he's lovely. Have spent many hours in his company and he's great.

John Simm is the same. He detests the celebrity side of the business and has even apologised in interviews for being "rubbish" at it. He still takes the time to make the effort though which is lovely of him.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    I have met David Jason - it was in a bar after a work assignment - and he was lovely, really nice and friendly. However he is a very private person and actually quite shy which can sometimes come over as rudeness.

My uncle used to quite regularly meet David Jason when they were both walking their dogs...he said he was a lovely man everytime they met (although my uncle wasn't askin him about tv, just generally chatting as dogwalkers do).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone shed light on Babs Windsor? Some say she is lovely, others a pain...
  • Barbarella81Barbarella81 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately i've not really met any celebs :(

Has anyone met Girls Aloud??? I'd love to know what they are really like!!! :)

My ex used to work for comic relief and met them a few times. The only one he commented on was Nicola who he said was definitely the nicest and most natural in real life.
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone ever met Kate Moss? I've heard that she's actually really nice and down to earth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Diana Rigg..absolute cow. I used to work ina famous Knightsbridge store. She came in and wanted cashmere jumpers...sat down and threw her credit card at us.

Farrah Fawcett-Majors......delightful woman. Also, Michael Caine is lovely and his wife.

Met Barbara Castle once at the airport and she was utterly charming.

I am quite old !

Sadly that's what I've heard about Diana Rigg too. I used to work in a theatre and was told by one of the back stage people that she was very difficult to work with. "Dame" she certainly is!:rolleyes:

Nice people I've met:

Ian Hogg ("Rockcliffe's Babies") - he opened a door for me dressed in a doublet and hose! He even bowed to me as he did it! :)

Una Stubbs - she always buys the theatre staff a crate of champagne/tins of biscuits at the end of a play run.

Derek Jacobi - a quiet chap but very polite.

Kenneth Branagh - he arranged for me and my friend to see a play that he was in as we previously couldn't get any tickets.

Stuart Organ (was the headmaster in "Grange Hill" for a while). Very smiley and a nice bloke.

As for Barbara Windsor there was a story going around that she'd left one of the dressing room's in a bit of a state after she'd done a two week play run. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    Cuppa_Tea wrote: »
    Russell Brand really is lovely in person, one of the nicest guys I've ever met

never met him personally, but i get that impression when i see him in interviews...one that springs to mind is one he did with dawn french. really down to earth, and that stage persona that he adopted had gone in this interview. i recommend this to anyone that thinks he's a tw*t...that's the interview that changes a lot of people's perceptions of him.:)

the interview

part 1 - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7CbLhnIp7jg
    part 2 - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xtIAJ4dC5_U&feature=related
    part 3 - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IWnMPbBkhIY&feature=related
    part 4 - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JC4fmGnOWtI&feature=related

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Has anyone met Girls Aloud??? I'd love to know what they are really like!!! :)

They're actually really, genuinely nice girls.
    But Cheryl is so gorgeous in the flesh it's actually sickening :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Nice ones

The actress who played Mrs Doyle in Father Ted (sorry I can't remember her real name, I think it's Pauline something) was extremely friendly and chatty when I met her in a clothes shop.

Brian McFadden (of former Westlife fame) was friendly and happily agreed to an autograph when I met him in a hospital. Luckily my Dad was behind me when I approached him because I couldn't believe how gorgeous he is in the flesh and thus couldn't get any words out:o:D

I am perhaps a tad biased about the next one, but Russell Brand was lovely when I met him and made plenty of time to chat and pose for photos with fans.

Sue Perkins (comedienne most recently in that Maestro thing) was very nice (if slightly embarrassed) when I recognised her waiting in the toilets in a pub.

Not so nice ones.

Footballer Andy Cole was mardy, aloof and refused to sign any autographs when he was the "special guest" at a village fair:rolleyes:

Nigel Havers came into a coffee shop I was in and although it's fair to say I didn't properly "meet" him, he was rude to the shop staff, spoke very loudly on his mobile and paid for 2 coffees and a biscuit by chucking a £50 note (complete with a clip on:confused:) onto the counter.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DirtyGerty wrote: »
    Nice ones

The actress who played Mrs Doyle in Father Ted (sorry I can't remember her real name, I think it's Pauline something) was extremely friendly and chatty when I met her in a clothes shop.

I think it's Pauline Mc Lynn and she seems lovely.

Was a guest pleb on TV-AM before it became GMTV, back in 1992. Sat in the 'Green Room' with Nigel Havers and Dr. Hilary Jones who were a couple of arrogant twonks who never even acknowledged my dad and I who were sitting near them (the room was quiet, too, and nearly empty. Paul Gambaccini (DJ) was there too and was lovely...but was busy on the 'phone to LA as some of his celeb mates' houses had been damaged in the LA riots. Ulrika Jonsson walked past us a few times and was really sweet and pleasant! Lorraine Kelly was the interviewer, along with Mike Morris. She was nice enough, if a little patronising, off camera but she was in 'work mode' at the time. Mike Morris recognised me at an awards ceremony 8 years later and gave me a big hug and kiss, which was lovely. Seemed a really friendly man. Met Chris Chittell (Eric Pollard) and some of the Emmerdale cast at the same ceremony, and they were lots of fun. Worked with Lisa Riley on promoting the following years' awards, and she was very pleasant and down to earth, and perhaps even a tad shy.

My dad met some older / now deceased celebs of his day, when he worked as a Working Mens' Club secretary. This was before some of them made it to the 'big time'. When Colleen Nolan was a little girl, she sat on his knee while her sisters performed on stage(no, nothing sinister there, thank you very much!). He met Marti Caine, David Whitfield, Frankie Laine, Marti Wilde (still going strong!), Cannon and Ball (then known as 'The Harper Brothers') amongst others who I can't remember offhand. He said most of them were really nice, and good company for having a drink with. He also knew Jimmy Savile in passing and thought he was a bit up himself, even then, but generally okay.

Maybe it's not as relevant, but dad also worked with several politicians of the day (it was a Labour club, so he attended conferences and stuff). Out of all those he met, Dennis Healey struck him as being very funny and friendly. George Mudie, his successor in East Leeds, is also a nice guy.

We were once fundraising for a local hospice and Freddie Starr had a shop in Leeds (Men's Designer Clothes). We were daring each other to go in and ask for a donation as the shop was directly on our 'route'. Eventually, mum took the initiative and Freddie was in the shop that day. He offered to donate some sperm. Says it all, really! Apparently, he later rang the hospice to see if they wanted him to go and entertain the patients. Being a hospice and all, I think they ruled it out after a risk assessment!

Oh, and both parents met the late, great Richard Whiteley at a club 'do', early in the seventies. Apparently, he was a bit of a ladies' man and really rather liked himself, but had mellowed when they bumped into him a few years later.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone ever met Kate Moss? I've heard that she's actually really nice and down to earth.

I would believe that. When all the cocaine scandal hit the headlines, a lot of people stuck up for her. It seemed as if a large portion of the fashion industry closed ranks to protect her, and they would't have done that if they thought she was a b*tch.
    DirtyGerty wrote: »
    I am perhaps a tad biased about the next one, but Russell Brand was lovely when I met him and made plenty of time to chat and pose for photos with fans.

I think he is, or at least wants to be, a nice guy. Albeit one who exercised very bad judgement recently. However, it isn't that long ago that he was the only member of the public who went to help the woman from GMTV when she was going undercover to see if anyone would help her when she dropped her shopping. They insisted it wasn't a set-up, so he has to be given some credit for that.
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the late 90's Dara O'Brien used to do the comedy club circuit and was the regular MC at my local comedy club. Very nice, funny guy, really really bright as well. A few years he dated a friend of mine for a couple of weeks. Was lovely and incredibly tall.

Also met Sharon Stone years ago - lovely not a bit starry.
  • kandinskikandinski Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I have pretty much met everyone.I was in a band that was sort of well known,and I still have a hand in music.So my brushes with celebs could be clouded,as they possibly saw me as one.Although that to me was something that came with what i did/do.

Nicest by a million miles is kylie.I was carrying 2 massive shopping bags in Wardour street,one of the bags burst open.My entire shopping tumbled out and on to the street.A tiny woman wearing no make up and a cap asked if she could help.I went and got a cheap carrier bag while she kept an eye on the stuff.After helping me put the stuff in the back she flashed a smile and I realised it was Kylie!And she remebered me when I met her years later.

Dannii however is a difficult one.Nowdays she is lovely,seems content and happy.In the nineties she was a different person,rude and snappy with staff and make up artists.However she went through some bad times with cheating partners,and again is fine now.

Ana Matronic from Scissor Sisters,has the best sense of humour I have ever encountered.Swapped mobile nos with her,and she called me at half 6 one morning!

Will Young is one of the most awkward people I have ever met.Seems full of confidence on tv shows/performing etc
    yet often blushes and seems painfully shy over nothing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    Ooh, are you famous?...do tell....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kandinski wrote: »
    Nicest by a million miles is kylie.I was carrying 2 massive shopping bags in Wardour street,one of the bags burst open.My entire shopping tumbled out and on to the street.A tiny woman wearing no make up and a cap asked if she could help.I went and got a cheap carrier bag while she kept an eye on the stuff.After helping me put the stuff in the back she flashed a smile and I realised it was Kylie!And she remebered me when I met her years later.

That's amazing. Everybody who meets Kylie seems to have a good encounter with her.
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's amazing. Everybody who meets Kylie seems to have a good encounter with her.

I found Kylie on the quiet side when I met her but I read later she'd received a death threat from another fan that same evening, so I wonder if that happened before she got to me. It was also ghastly weather (late October) and I think it was one of her earlier pubilc appearances after her illness. I've only heard of a couple of people having bad experiences with her. The majority say she's lovely.

Danni has very mixed reviews though. I've not met her so I can't comment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Danni a few weeks ago, and I found her to be lovely actually. She was stopping for everyone, signing, taking pictures...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    They're actually really, genuinely nice girls.
    But Cheryl is so gorgeous in the flesh it's actually sickening :eek:

They always come across as really down-to-earth girls in interviews! :)
    Who was the nicest?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They always come across as really down-to-earth girls in interviews! :)
    Who was the nicest?

Nadine was absolutely LOVELY.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Kelly Clarkson. She's so sweet, I got a huge hug from her and a photo with her.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    about 3 years ago I met zach braff, he's quiet but very easy going.

Also ben elton is pretty decent despite the flack he gets nowadays.
  • eunicelouise658eunicelouise658 Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the nice celebs I have met sadly show my age:
    Patrick McGoohan famous for the The Prisoner series and Dangerman, he was a delightful guy.
    Teddy Sheringham and Sol Campbell in their Spurs days. I am Arsenal fan but was looking after some young fans at our local club who Spurs drew with in the FA Cup. The guys were great with the kids after the match, patient, friendly and signed autographs and chatted.
    I met former Prime Minister Ted Heath who was a truly lovely gentleman. I was only 14 when I met him and not easily impressed..
    I met Helen Shapiro a few years back when I took a couple of disabled people I supported to a concert she was really friendly.
    My eldest son is a Villa fan and has met a few players who have been friendly and relaxed especially when dealing with children, Gareth Barry and ex Villa man Darius Vassell.
    The person who sticks in my mind as being awful was ex Man U and England player Brian Robson. There were scores of children who idolised him and were excited that he and Man U were playing at our local club. The rest of the team were great and stayed behind for and organised party (it had been a player's testimonial) Brian Robson had been swept away in a private car. He did not even give a wave to the hoardes of children waiting to see him.