Options

Hollyoaks Revisited: The Dog In the pond fire

dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
Forum Member
A look back At Hollyoaks most Shocking episodes

The Dog Fire

Recap

When Bk First started working At Hollyoaks he started with a bang Litreally,

In a shock week of events Sam Owen returned looking For revenge as he spread petrol around the dog the next few moments where the most shocking In Ho history as Calvin Valentine thought it would be a good idea to rub at a guy Holding a lighter and petrol but besides him what did you think of the Dog fire which claimed the lives of so many?

Deaths
Sam Owen
Mel Burton
Sophie Burton
Joe Spencer
livia Johnson

Clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv3g2y8k-VA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap-spnXAxXw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUv4LADUMn4

Any thoughts?

Was The Dog fire The Best episodes Hollyoaks has ever seen? 52 votes

Yes
42% 22 votes
Was Good but there are better
51% 27 votes
It was ok
1% 1 vote
Other
3% 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I started watching from this! Never actually seen the episodes themselves!
    They look so good, that not many episodes stand out for me that are as good as that!

Possibly most recently the bus crash.
    Or the loft fire where Warren died was also good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I started watching from this! Never actually seen the episodes themselves!
    They look so good, that not many episodes stand out for me that are as good as that!

Possibly most recently the bus crash.
    Or the loft fire where Warren died was also good.

most of it is above:D I think with the dog Fire it was so chilling and you cared about the characters that died more then the bus crash
  • Options
    lucycy89lucycy89 Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    greatest hoaks episode ever! me and my sister were crying our eyes out!!! I was so sad for OB :cry:
  • Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also I quite liked the McQueen church explosion
  • Options
    Forum Member
    most of it is above:D I think with the doctor Fire it was so chilling and you cared about the characters that died more then the bus crash

Why did BK kill them off if they were such loved characters?
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started watching around this time too.

I think what made this work was that several MAIN cast members were killed off. Or should I say, long-term characters that the viewers actually cared for. The trouble with the latest few explosions/stunts on HO (and some of the victims in the Silas storyline) was they were minor characters or characters who have only been in the show a small amount of time so no huge loss was made.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why did BK kill them off if they were such loved characters?

Impact , He wanted something Big to attract viewers and start off his reign, and it worked:D
  • Options
    BadmkBadmk Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best stunt episode ever mainly because it felt like it was all necessary. And the fact aprat from the twins it was completely random who died as to who else was unlucky enough to still be in the pub at the same time Sam came in. Felt like something that could happen in real life. I felt most sorry for the two students that died on a night out, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    difficult to say. it's most certainly up there. but when i think of any one stand out hollyoaks epsiode, the one that springs to my mind is max's funeral. steph singing Sugababes - About You Now, probably the single saddest moment the show ever had. to this day i still cry if i watch it on youtube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone else noticed Darren's dodgy hairstyle! Don't remember that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else noticed Darren's dodgy hairstyle! Don't remember that!

wish i could forget it.

god he was such a bum back then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'd also like to point out that the niall saga was pretty awesome too.

i think those are the 3 major standout points in my hollyoaks memory - the dog fire (and the build up of rapist!sam), max's funeral, and vile niall.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whatever Happened to the memorial wall actually is it gone?
  • Options
    Teabag84Teabag84 Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it was Hollyoaks Later but Sarah dying in a parachute jump sticks in my head. No matter how many times I've seen it it always makes me cry. Was shocking to watch!
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it all, specially the mobile phone ringtone ending,
    it was so dramatic, I still remember the tune of the tone, as well as the body bags,
  • Options
    IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't watching back then :(

From when I've started watching, the stand out episodes have been the Bus Crash and the Esther centric suicide episode. The suicide one nearly made me cry, and I don't think I've ever cried watching a soap!
  • Options
    Itchin'Itchin' Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I loved it all, specially the mobile phone ringtone ending,
    it was so dramatic, I still remember the tune of the tone, as well as the body bags

That is one of the most haunting things I've ever seen on TV. Ever :eek:
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't watching back then :(

From when I've started watching, the stand out episodes have been the Bus Crash and the Esther centric suicide episode. The suicide one nearly made me cry, and I don't think I've ever cried watching a soap!

I might have had something in my eye at EE, Danielle's death...might, I said! ;) Also, Stacey and Bradley's relationship always connected with me, and their last scene together in the live episode kind of got to me...*be strong!* :cool:

I've gotta go back and watch these Dog episodes. Looks like I've missed some real drama, only getting into HO just now. I need to sort this out, pronto!
  • Options
    Cheesey PeppersCheesey Peppers Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    The recent mini bus, wedding disaster which saw Neil, Jono, Maddie Morrison and Rhys Ashworth was fantastic, not to mention Jacqui McQueen scream of "Oh god, please somebody help me, please somebody help me, oh god, oh, god, oh" was heart breaking to watch.

Warren Fox's "death" in the Loft (much better name then Chez Chez) fire was fantastic first time round and then the flashback was even better and HO at it's very best!

One thing you can't deny about HO when they have a disaster they kill of many characters, sometimes major unlike other soaps. Eastenders Vic fire which saw no deaths despite many characters being axed for being deadwood.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Teabag84 wrote: »
    I know it was Hollyoaks Later but Sarah dying in a parachute jump sticks in my head. No matter how many times I've seen it it always makes me cry. Was shocking to watch!

I agree, the not knowing who it would be (well we did but you know) and the music they played in the background was so eerie. Absolutely perfect! Made me cry loads and it was just shocking, you just didn't really believe it was going to happen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    this was an amazing storyline veryt well done
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    definitely one of the best episodes - my personal favourite is the 'Who Pushed Clare' episode!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its probably one of the best. I remember being so shocked and surprised! (although to be fair this was my pre DS days haha).

And when both the Burton sisters died and when Zoe phoned that guy and you just hear his phone go off in the body bag, that was horrid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its probably one of the best. I remember being so shocked and surprised! (although to be fair this was my pre DS days haha).

And when both the Burton sisters died and when Zoe phoned that guy and you just hear his phone go off in the body bag, that was horrid.

that was the most upsetting part, it was great they way you seen the 5 body bags then they show the story kept you wondering the whole episode
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This story certainly helped that group of students. They almost instantly stopped being 'a bunch of excitable freshers' and were given an instant bond by this shared disaster.

Indias murder was the last 'serious' studentt story and all her friends had left by then. If Annalise or Ash had been murdered by Silas this group could''ve been used alot moer as serious characters.