Schedule released for Bauer City 2 stations

Comments

• richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,891
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    I wonder if they changed it as the golden hour is quite similar to the top ten @ 10 on the bauer city 1 stations

The years are older on 2 than 1 though, surely?
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Game on should be on the city 1 stations as it is just music and score updates

Bringing back the 70's show would be good, but let Nick pick the tracks.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The years are older on 2 than 1 though, surely?

This morning is the 80's as one of the songs was Whitney Houston Dance with somebody.

Just been said it is 1987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bringing back the 70's show would be good, but let Nick pick the tracks.

Yeah in Scotland on the city 1 stations on a Saturday they have music and goals on most stations and City 2 have the commentaries.

I think in England they should have the Game on show on the City1 with Music and Goals with Adam Catterall as he is on Key 103 HomeRun so isn't a city 2 DJ any way. With the 70's show on City 2 with goal updates at half time and full time
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah in Scotland on the city 1 stations on a Saturday they have music and goals on most stations and City 2 have the commentaries.

I think in England they should have the Game on show on the City1 with Music and Goals with Adam Catterall as he is on Key 103 HomeRun so isn't a city 2 DJ any way. With the 70's show on City 2 with goal updates at half time and full time

Well he IS on City 2 so that makes him a "City 2 DJ". Just as he is on Absolute Radio too.

Or are you supposed to just work on 1 station now?

As for half time and full time updates only then anyone who was remotely interested iin football would want constant updates so they would be as well dropping them in that case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Well he IS on City 2 so that makes him a "City 2 DJ". Just as he is on Absolute Radio too.

Or are you supposed to just work on 1 station now?

As for half time and full time updates only then anyone who was remotely interested iin football would want constant updates so they would be as well dropping them in that case.

I apologise Radiogram I worded that wrong what I meant was he is on City 1 most of the time so it wont be a big problem for him to move over to City 1 on a Saturday as he is familiar with the playlist . Also I didnt know he was on Absolute as well. Was he not on Radio 1 years ago as well?

Your right with that one actually most people would want footy results all afternoon
  • sarongsarong Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Agree completely with Michael 1152 & Richie Wild further up thread.
    An interesting radio station has been turned into a bland mess.
    Biggest mistake was axing Steppin'out & Soulful Sunday, 2 weekend evening shows with a very loyal audience. Keith Martin who presented them still has a show but at 10pm till 2am, not the same at all!
    I used to have Magic 1152 on all weekend when at home but never at all now. If I want Football I will watch it. If I want a talk show likewise. If I want to hear Sam Smith ditto.
    Final gripe was mentioned up thread too, someone claiming Dancing on ceiling is before her time clearly should not be working on an 'oldies' station!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarong wrote: »
    An interesting radio station has been turned into a bland mess.
    Biggest mistake was axing Steppin'out & Soulful Sunday, 2 weekend evening shows with a very loyal audience. Keith Martin who presented them still has a show but at 10pm till 2am, not the same at all!
    I used to have Magic 1152 on all weekend when at home but never at all now. If I want Football I will watch it. If I want a talk show likewise. If I want to hear Sam Smith ditto.
    Final gripe was mentioned up thread too, someone claiming Dancing on ceiling is before her time clearly should not be working on an 'oldies' station!

But the girl isnt a DJ she is a traffic reporter her job is to make sure people get home safely not know the songs. Also most of the traffic reporters on Bauer seem to be young people of about 20ish
  • david1956david1956 Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the girl isnt a DJ she is a traffic reporter her job is to make sure people get home safely not know the songs. Also most of the traffic reporters on Bauer seem to be young people of about 20ish

Why can't they get an older person to do the travel? Someone more in tune with the audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david1956 wrote: »
    Why can't they get an older person to do the travel?

They dont have to pay them as much probably and I have a feeling there are probably graduates from the Bauer Academy but I am just guessing. How many older people do travel reports the only ones I can think of are the ones on Radio 2
    Forum Member
    sarong wrote: »

Thank you :)

It's only by Nick's interaction with Emma that we know that she doesn't know the songs, normally they would go to the Travel and we'd never be any the wiser. The interaction between the two is funny, and interesting to see a younger view on things. The two work well together and, as posted above, she's there to read the Travel news, nothing more. Nick has made it more by getting her involved, which only adds to the humour of the show.

I have girl friends her age... getting them into older music is a great feeling.
  • sarongsarong Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    To be honest I didn't actually hear the travel presenter state it was before her time as I don't really listen to the station much, just must have misquoted someone else.
    I do stand by the rest of my post. Magic 1152 was way ahead of Metro 2, I guess only people who had listened to Ray Rose, Keith Martin etc would understand.
    Off topic, Like to read your posts on this and on the Totp 80 threads Rich by the way☺
  • michael1152michael1152 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice now Emma is now on more and more with Nick , they must have a computer screen with the travel on for all the 8 northern City 2 stations, as Emma does the 8 different travel news' for all 8 stations, and the amount of time she's on air with Nick she wouldn't get to compile travel news surely. So someone else must feed all the 8 areas travel news for her to pre-record for each station?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice now Emma is now on more and more with Nick , they must have a computer screen with the travel on for all the 8 northern City 2 stations, as Emma does the 8 different travel news' for all 8 stations, and the amount of time she's on air with Nick she wouldn't get to compile travel news surely. So someone else must feed all the 8 areas travel news for her to pre-record for each station?

I was going to ask a similar question to this I thought the whole point on changing the names was to emphasis the localness of the stations and I took it the AM stations were sharing travel and news and weather with the FM stations e.g same presenters but obviously on Nicks show the travel isnt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    The reason the figures for the North of England are so bad is because right from day 1 Bauer medias CEO Graham Bryce has lied to us all first the Magic stations were supposed to be only a name change then on 5/1/2015 The North of Britain tuned in and were horrified to realise all our 60s,70s,80s music had vanished and alien sounds were coming from our radios Beloved presenters had been moved to inappropriate time slots with reduced air time Ray Rose who had always been head of music at Magic was replaced by an Australian named James Groves who in all honesty doesn't have a clue what music the North of England like Scotland were cocka hoop as they could now listen via a Manchester link so it was a win win for them Daily the music got worse with a limited playlist that Djs played constantly that's when they aired at all The Give Us Back Magic 1152 Facebook group was born and a petition set up We contacted Mr Bryce who lied and lied and lied Djs came and went the North struggled as other than Nick Wright Ray Rose the rest of the djs were alien Irish mostly Scottish and an Australian Keith martins iconic Stepping Out was moved to 10pm til 2 am as a pre recorded show that even now is thraught with problems faders being left to high jingles playing over songs the news cutting into songs or nothing at all Mike Reid and Tony Blackburn being freelance are allowed to play real music and air Sat/Sun morning Then Tony at 4pm Sunday's The highlight of the weekends are sports and a chat show that will discuss inappropriate subjects eg how to become a prostitute on a Sunday lunch time When Mr Bryce was asked about the sport and the chat show and told the North of England much prefer music We were told they are a hit in Scotland and will remain we have constantly kept in contact with Mr Bryce but we have had small changes implemented but know we're near enough to secure the North of England has the music they loved The demographics for the radio station was supposed to be 35+ but the music wasn't what they were playing so we contacted Ofcom the music improved Then they introduced £1000 Thursday to try and win people back But neglected to inform the listening public of the exorbitant cost so We again contacted Ofcom who are investigating Talikimg with Mr Bryce isn't easy we have had to go over his head to Yvonne Bauer in Germany let's say he wasn't impressed and told us yes told us in future all emails had to go to him as they will arrive with him eventually We asked for the weekends to be sorted out music wise as they were and still are Diabolical and were told there was a60s show that was being planned for the weekend and still nothing we hope this will go ahead now the football is only Sunday's but still we wait Oh there is a country show on Sunday evenings and it's like know country music show I've ever heard very little country other than modern day groups or artists giving country a go it's laughable The Rajar figures came out yesterday and couldn't have been worse for Bauer Media Key 2 was listed in the poorest stations list rating -39 along with Bauers Newest station Key 3 that supposedly only a few weeks ago won so many award s it was unreal Then let's mention Cash for Kids Now this was started in the North of England and has always always been ran by the Magic radio djs throughout the North of England Last week was super hero day The Gordie Duo Ant and Dec aired a breakfast show out of Metro radio this was never advertised so who knew John Lesley (ex TV star look him up ) was in Liverpool Darren Kelly was in Scotland Now Nick Wright the Magic radio station along with Ray Rose who have been involved in Cash for kids raising Thousands of pounds over the years and keeping the Cash in the North of England were left out of this by Mr Graham Bryce They were devasted to say the least The North of England only Tune into Nick Wright and Ray Rose to support them and the way they have and are being treat Music wise Key 2 lacks anything near what Magic Radio aired under Ray Rose The North of England has Been ignored by Scottish Graham Bryce in favour of his homeland constantly ramming his Scottish heritage down the North of England throats We emailed Mr Bryce explaining the damage this had done to the North how the elderly who had listened to Magic and GNR all there lives were left distraught nursing homes were concerned that there residents were so upset and bewildered as they had lost there music that gave them ther memories did he care NO we asked for the format to be returned and he refused yet this was only supposed to be a name change and the music would stay the same but it would be bigger and better Better for who Definiynot the North of England The scots are loving the station while we channel hop Smooth radio actually came higher than Key 2 The future of the station must be in the balance but they could save it and turn the North of England round If Ray Rose was head of music The station would excel If by October/November the next set of figures will not improve advertisers will pull out Yet they have a saviour under there roof but Because he's Older than The Djs he wants they will allow the station to vanish when Ray Rose could save it Bummer he's not Scottish
    Forum Member
    jimbo wrote: »
    So from where will the main feed come from? From that do I assume that there are cutbacks on the Scottish "2" stations that already exist? And, is this a mixture of Glasgow hosting programmes and from where in England will the network feeds originate?

The new key 2 station is in Manchester and it links poorly to Scotland
  • YorkstarYorkstar Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    The tfm 1 and 2 stations top ten at ten and golden hour are still good, with rare tracks, especially tfm 2 some really good rare tracks played normally 70s 80s or now and again 90s .

Tfm 1 does a bit newer top ten anywhere between 1990 and 2011, but has been mentioned today was 1987, Friday is always a retro 80s year.

The old magic was a good station, with pop quiz, e.t.c But I actually find myself listening more to tfm 2 now, a nice variation of music and a must for the golden hour, although like been said, similar to heart plays a few new tracks like ed sheeran but overplays them, but overall tfm2 is ok for me.

I'm 33 mind and love most types of music so when at work there could be 10 channels on during the day no probs, tfm2 one minute then heat the next.
  • listeninglistening Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I must admit City2 no longer has the appeal that Magic 1548 had at weekends which is when I tended to listen on DAB and DLT was a must on Saturday and Sunday mornings. I never been a big fan of Mike Read, even in his Radio 1 days, but his contribution to Magic AM was at first acceptable, but I'm now getting a bit fed up of hearing about his antics with the lifts, or Frank Skinners breakfast, although I notice he appears to have a fairly free choice on the music content. I've given up listening to City2 on a Saturday and retuned to CityTalk. On a Sunday Mike Read delay start Breakfast show is fast becoming background music, but then we have England's Talk in. I'd give Bauer a courage award for going to a speech format at this time, but I'm not sure it works. I use to like Tom Davie's music shows on Magic AM but I think this programme would be far better if it was broadcast at night and perhaps for at least three hours instead of two. One other criticism is Tom's opening statement on topics in the news which now seems to last up to 20 minutes, usually ending up by then saying it is our choice for the subjects discussed. With a little over 90 minutes left there is little time for topics to be properly debated by the audience, especially if there is a special "guest" to speak on one of the topics. The 80's show is automatic time to switch off and return the DAB back to City 96.7 ready for Leanne & Dave the following morning.

Our workplace has the radio on constantly all day playing to an audience ranging from mid 20's to early 60's. Interestingly, Magic AM has had one airing in six months whilst City2 or Key2 have yet to feature., Absolute, and Absolute 80's or 90's tend to be the most popular, but Capital and XFM also feature. However, yesterday, somebody switched it to Magic FM which lasted a full day. It seemed very slick and live, with proper sung jingles playing everything from the early 60's to the current date, today one or two people commented what had happened to it, suggesting the format was liked. One might wonder if the old Magic AM have discovered Magic FM on DAB in the north of England and changed their listening habits?
  • cuttysarkcuttysark Posts: 1,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason the figures for the North of England are so bad is because right from day 1 Bauer medias CEO Graham Bryce has lied to us all first the Magic stations were supposed to be only a name change then on 5/1/2015 The North of Britain tuned in and were horrified to realise all our 60s,70s,80s music had vanished and alien sounds were coming from our radios Beloved presenters had been moved to inappropriate time slots with reduced air time Ray Rose who had always been head of music at Magic was replaced by an Australian named James Groves who in all honesty doesn't have a clue what music the North of England like Scotland were cocka hoop as they could now listen via a Manchester link so it was a win win for them Daily the music got worse with a limited playlist that Djs played constantly that's when they aired at all The Give Us Back Magic 1152 Facebook group was born and a petition set up We contacted Mr Bryce who lied and lied and lied Djs came and went the North struggled as other than Nick Wright Ray Rose the rest of the djs were alien Irish mostly Scottish and an Australian Keith martins iconic Stepping Out was moved to 10pm til 2 am as a pre recorded show that even now is thraught with problems faders being left to high jingles playing over songs the news cutting into songs or nothing at all Mike Reid and Tony Blackburn being freelance are allowed to play real music and air Sat/Sun morning Then Tony at 4pm Sunday's The highlight of the weekends are sports and a chat show that will discuss inappropriate subjects eg how to become a prostitute on a Sunday lunch time When Mr Bryce was asked about the sport and the chat show and told the North of England much prefer music We were told they are a hit in Scotland and will remain we have constantly kept in contact with Mr Bryce but we have had small changes implemented but know we're near enough to secure the North of England has the music they loved The demographics for the radio station was supposed to be 35+ but the music wasn't what they were playing so we contacted Ofcom the music improved Then they introduced £1000 Thursday to try and win people back But neglected to inform the listening public of the exorbitant cost so We again contacted Ofcom who are investigating Talikimg with Mr Bryce isn't easy we have had to go over his head to Yvonne Bauer in Germany let's say he wasn't impressed and told us yes told us in future all emails had to go to him as they will arrive with him eventually We asked for the weekends to be sorted out music wise as they were and still are Diabolical and were told there was a60s show that was being planned for the weekend and still nothing we hope this will go ahead now the football is only Sunday's but still we wait Oh there is a country show on Sunday evenings and it's like know country music show I've ever heard very little country other than modern day groups or artists giving country a go it's laughable The Rajar figures came out yesterday and couldn't have been worse for Bauer Media Key 2 was listed in the poorest stations list rating -39 along with Bauers Newest station Key 3 that supposedly only a few weeks ago won so many award s it was unreal Then let's mention Cash for Kids Now this was started in the North of England and has always always been ran by the Magic radio djs throughout the North of England Last week was super hero day The Gordie Duo Ant and Dec aired a breakfast show out of Metro radio this was never advertised so who knew John Lesley (ex TV star look him up ) was in Liverpool Darren Kelly was in Scotland Now Nick Wright the Magic radio station along with Ray Rose who have been involved in Cash for kids raising Thousands of pounds over the years and keeping the Cash in the North of England were left out of this by Mr Graham Bryce They were devasted to say the least The North of England only Tune into Nick Wright and Ray Rose to support them and the way they have and are being treat Music wise Key 2 lacks anything near what Magic Radio aired under Ray Rose The North of England has Been ignored by Scottish Graham Bryce in favour of his homeland constantly ramming his Scottish heritage down the North of England throats We emailed Mr Bryce explaining the damage this had done to the North how the elderly who had listened to Magic and GNR all there lives were left distraught nursing homes were concerned that there residents were so upset and bewildered as they had lost there music that gave them ther memories did he care NO we asked for the format to be returned and he refused yet this was only supposed to be a name change and the music would stay the same but it would be bigger and better Better for who Definiynot the North of England The scots are loving the station while we channel hop Smooth radio actually came higher than Key 2 The future of the station must be in the balance but they could save it and turn the North of England round If Ray Rose was head of music The station would excel If by October/November the next set of figures will not improve advertisers will pull out Yet they have a saviour under there roof but Because he's Older than The Djs he wants they will allow the station to vanish when Ray Rose could save it Bummer he's not Scottish

Can I suggest that you go back though your post. Put it into paragraphs. Use full stops and commas where required. Use capital letters where needed and remove them where they are not needed. Then people may read it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started to translate this post from shitese to English but gave up after a few lines.

Alien Irish? North of Britain? Scotland feeding from Manchester? DJ's came and went? Only 1 has gone!!!

Distraught elderly people? Really?

I really hope your emails to Mr Bryce are rather more coherent than the stuff you have posted here.
    The reason the figures for the North of England are so bad is because right from day 1 Bauer medias CEO Graham Bryce has lied to us all.

First the Magic stations were supposed to be only a name change then on 5/1/2015 The North of Britain tuned in and were horrified to realise all our 60s,70s,80s music had vanished and alien sounds were coming from our radios. Beloved presenters had been moved to inappropriate time slots with reduced air time. Ray Rose who had always been head of music at Magic was replaced by an Australian named James Groves who in all honesty doesn't have a clue what music the North of England like.

Scotland were cocka hoop as they could now listen via a Manchester link so it was a win win for them. Daily the music got worse with a limited playlist that Djs played constantly that's when they aired at all. The Give Us Back Magic 1152 Facebook group was born and a petition set up. We contacted Mr Bryce who lied and lied and lied. Djs came and went the North struggled as other than Nick Wright, Ray Rose the rest of the djs were alien Irish mostly Scottish and an Australian Keith martins iconic Stepping Out was moved to 10pm til 2 am as a pre recorded show that even now is thraught with problems faders being left to high jingles playing over songs the news cutting into songs or nothing at all Mike Reid and Tony Blackburn being freelance are allowed to play real music and air Sat/Sun morning Then Tony at 4pm Sunday's The highlight of the weekends are sports and a chat show that will discuss inappropriate subjects eg how to become a prostitute on a Sunday lunch time When Mr Bryce was asked about the sport and the chat show and told the North of England much prefer music We were told they are a hit in Scotland and will remain we have constantly kept in contact with Mr Bryce but we have had small changes implemented but know we're near enough to secure the North of England has the music they loved The demographics for the radio station was supposed to be 35+ but the music wasn't what they were playing so we contacted Ofcom the music improved Then they introduced £1000 Thursday to try and win people back But neglected to inform the listening public of the exorbitant cost so We again contacted Ofcom who are investigating Talikimg with Mr Bryce isn't easy we have had to go over his head to Yvonne Bauer in Germany let's say he wasn't impressed and told us yes told us in future all emails had to go to him as they will arrive with him eventually We asked for the weekends to be sorted out music wise as they were and still are Diabolical and were told there was a60s show that was being planned for the weekend and still nothing we hope this will go ahead now the football is only Sunday's but still we wait Oh there is a country show on Sunday evenings and it's like know country music show I've ever heard very little country other than modern day groups or artists giving country a go it's laughable The Rajar figures came out yesterday and couldn't have been worse for Bauer Media Key 2 was listed in the poorest stations list rating -39 along with Bauers Newest station Key 3 that supposedly only a few weeks ago won so many award s it was unreal Then let's mention Cash for Kids Now this was started in the North of England and has always always been ran by the Magic radio djs throughout the North of England Last week was super hero day The Gordie Duo Ant and Dec aired a breakfast show out of Metro radio this was never advertised so who knew John Lesley (ex TV star look him up ) was in Liverpool Darren Kelly was in Scotland Now Nick Wright the Magic radio station along with Ray Rose who have been involved in Cash for kids raising Thousands of pounds over the years and keeping the Cash in the North of England were left out of this by Mr Graham Bryce They were devasted to say the least The North of England only Tune into Nick Wright and Ray Rose to support them and the way they have and are being treat Music wise Key 2 lacks anything near what Magic Radio aired under Ray Rose The North of England has Been ignored by Scottish Graham Bryce in favour of his homeland constantly ramming his Scottish heritage down the North of England throats We emailed Mr Bryce explaining the damage this had done to the North how the elderly who had listened to Magic and GNR all there lives were left distraught nursing homes were concerned that there residents were so upset and bewildered as they had lost there music that gave them ther memories did he care NO we asked for the format to be returned and he refused yet this was only supposed to be a name change and the music would stay the same but it would be bigger and better Better for who Definiynot the North of England The scots are loving the station while we channel hop Smooth radio actually came higher than Key 2 The future of the station must be in the balance but they could save it and turn the North of England round If Ray Rose was head of music The station would excel If by October/November the next set of figures will not improve advertisers will pull out Yet they have a saviour under there roof but Because he's Older than The Djs he wants they will allow the station to vanish when Ray Rose could save it Bummer he's not Scottish
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new key 2 station is in Manchester and it links poorly to Scotland

Care to explain "links poorly to Scotland"?

Loving your online petition by the way. 10 supporters in 4 months. Maybe all the people who would have signed it are so "distraught" they have topped themselves. :D
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Having picked 2 station formats at random on the Ofcom site Metro 2 is listed as being a station for over 30s and Northsound 2 is targeted at over 35s.
    Looks like it's still sport as usual reporting the Rangers games a yet Graham Bryce Told the Facebook group Give us back magic 1152 that a 60s show was being planned for weekends we assumed stupidly this would roll out when football ended More lies next it will be cricket and Wimbledon anything but good music
    Forum Member
    Feed links left up to high or to low or nothing being aired at all to be honest as your in the minority and obviously are either Scottish or one of the trolls that just roam from thread to find something to entertain yourself with Crack on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feed links left up to high or to low or nothing being aired at all. to be honest as your in the minority and obviously are either Scottish or one of the trolls that just roam from thread to find something to entertain yourself with Crack on
    Can I ask why dont you use full stops, it makes your posts really confusing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feed links left up to high or to low or nothing being aired at all to be honest as your in the minority and obviously are either Scottish or one of the trolls that just roam from thread to find something to entertain yourself with Crack on

Wind your neck in a bit and try seeing past your anti Scottish chip on your shoulder.

It's only a radio station, nothing important. Life goes on. Deal with it.

If you make your points in a more readable, literate and sensible style people may take you more seriously.