Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically its a wooden paint stir stick with a paper or cardboard decoration at the end of it. Its a cheap and easy thing to give out at events.

If Columbia is behind the US promo so far I really think they're doing a good job.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/7528e08ca119df58f08cbff03b924ae6/tumblr_mk76huA72N1s4zkh1o2_1280.jpg
    What's this thing they keep giving out to fans? It looks really cool. American fans seem to be getting lots of little gifts/merch lol (I really want the stickers!)

Is it a hand fan? I want them to give out lollies in the shape of their logos :D.
    The Young People? ha ha. Spring Break is for elementary all the way up to university. Its taken at different times all across the country. Its 2 weeks long.

I've just realised, the spring break in the UK is called the easter holiday lol we're not as fun.
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to MTV, the Missy Elliott version of HYD will be on the US version of DNA.
    The revamped tune will appear on the U.S. release of their debut album, DNA, which will hit the States in May after it hit the charts in the U.K. last year.
    So, how will it sound with Missy on the song? Nelson explained, "We just wanted to change it up a little bit and make it a bit more funky and, yeah, just give something a little bit different. And plus we've never had a feature on any of our track. This one we really wanted it and it really worked."

TBoz kicked to the curb already!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1704222/little-mix-missy-elliott-how-ya-doin-remix.jhtml
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to MTV, the Missy Elliott version of HYD will be on the US version of DNA.

TBoz kicked to the curb already!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1704222/little-mix-missy-elliott-how-ya-doin-remix.jhtml

Spot on you! I never noticed when I read the article this morning. Awww, hopefully TBOZ won't make a fuss about it.

I need that revamped HYD in my life.
    I'll get the Itunes plus the physical versions..
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Little Mix DNA Tour Diary - Last Soundcheck
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYqeJ5G7wSo
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    anyone got the list of the radio shows they are doing today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album sales

38 Woodkid 3,258
    54 Little Mix DNA
    57 Alex Day 2,061

The nearest singles position is #35 to CYL's #68 so the sales are a big blank this week.

Factoid:

To Date Singles
    The Saturdays - Up 345,658
    The Saturdays - Ego 340,835
    The Saturdays - Higher 325,939
    The Saturdays - Just Can't Get Enough 284,472
    The Saturdays - Forever Is Over 183,211
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    didn't see Leigh Anne in that video, and anyone think we will get another tour video
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    didn't see Leigh Anne in that video, and anyone think we will get another tour video

It does say the dreaded "to be contined" :rolleyes: at the end. Maybe we'll find out where Leigh-Anne was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @1079theend in Sacramento announced their plans on air for LM but my Flash player didnt work so I couldnt hear it. However it seems there will be a free concert and a M&G April 1 at Arden Fair Mall in front of Nordstrom, center court. That should assure a large attendance.
  • Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album sales

38 Woodkid 3,258
    54 Little Mix DNA
    57 Alex Day 2,061

Total Sales for the album ? 282 500 ? I think I've missed last week.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    15th Apr

Amelia Lily – Party Over
    A$AP Rocky - Goldie
    Bat For Lashes – Lilies
    Beth Orton – Dawn Chorus
    Brand New Heavies – Sunlight
    Clean Bandit – Mozart’s House (EP)
    Dennis Hercules ft. T’Mara – Love Tonight
    Gamu – Shake The Room
    Josh Kumra - The Answer
    Little Mix ft. Missy Elliot – How Ya Doin'?
    Mat Zo feat Porter Robinson - Easy
    Moya – A Little More Love
    Platinum – Love You Tomorrow
    Public Service Broadcasting – Signal 30
    Rascal’s ft. Professor Green – Fire Blaze
    Rudimental feat Ella Eyre - Waiting All Night

From http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=151650&pid=4254140&st=0&#entry4254140

Is it nuts I hope HYD betters CYL and goes top 10? As it is in a way like Wings and DNA is. As no one owns the single version already.

Waiting All Night and Party Over are also two songs I hope go top 10 :)

Talking of CYL I cant believe how much I have went off it! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    Is it nuts I hope this betters HYD and goes top 10? Since its 4th single from album?

I don't think it's a good idea for the song to be out so soon especially since it hasn't been playlisted on any radio station yet, let alone been premiered.

I think it might be one of those songs that climb the charts week on week then. I wish it was released nearer to the BGT live shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's a good idea for the song to be out so soon especially since it hasn't been playlisted on any radio station yet, let alone been premiered.

I think it might be one of those songs that climb the charts week on week then. I wish it was released nearer to the BGT live shows.

I agree. April 14 is in three weeks quite soon!. As its out so soon and if Radio 1 does it usual with LM Start on C List. One or Two weeks on B then up to A. Then I think it will peak after the release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree. April 14 is in three weeks quite soon!. As its out so soon and if Radio 1 does it usual with LM Start on C List. One or Two weeks on B then up to A. Then I think it will peak after the release.

CYL would have gone top 10 if it wasn't for a stupid release pattern.

I thought they would have learned from that and handled this release better but it look like its being handled worse. The Saturdays got their promo just right this week and it showed in sales that's what Little Mix need to.

What the point in spending all that money on a feature if they rush out the release with hardly no air play
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davem1234 wrote: »
    anyone got the list of the radio shows they are doing today

They have two radio shows today not sure of times or if we can watch them yet.

Hot 97.5 and 93.7 KRQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The girls sent a tweet to a member of 5h

@LittleMixOffic
    @camilacabello97 Thanku nice to see u too! Yes hopefully see you when we come back to the US in may :) x x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    CYL would have gone top 10 if it wasn't for a stupid release pattern.

I thought they would have learned from that and handled this release better but it look like its being handled worse. The Saturdays got their promo just right this week and it showed in sales that's what Little Mix need to.

What the point in spending all that money on a feature if they rush out the release with hardly no air play

If they still want to release it in April thats fine but make it the 29th Lol so it actually gets time to build up hype and airplay first!

Edit: It will need to be April now since in your above post the girls tweeted they will be in America in May so IMO 29 April is doable and makes more sense!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rayforever wrote: »
    They have two radio shows today not sure of times or if we can watch them yet.

Hot 97.5 and 93.7 KRQ

There also at this radio station right now
    https://twitter.com/KISSFMPhoenix
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Wings is up 2 and is now on 35 on the radio pop chart...... I'm sure CV would like to show the numbers because I do not know a thing because it's all confusing
  • Options
    aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it nuts I hope HYD betters CYL and goes top 10? As it is in a way like Wings and DNA is. As no one owns the single version already.

I like the fact that Amalia is still on the scene and wish her good success.
    Her latest vid was VIP of the week.
    Hopefully we'll get HYD vid soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If they still want to release it in April thats fine but make it the 29th Lol so it actually gets time to build up hype and airplay first!

Edit: It will need to be April now since in your above post the girls tweeted they will be in America in May so IMO 29 April is doable and makes more sense!

They are rumored to be in France around the 28th not sure how long that is for or if that matter to management at all they have booked them gigs in the UK on there Album release week in America 25th or 26th May radio 1 big weekend and 1st June student summer balls.

Be interesting to see how long they are in America for in May Columbia so far seems to be doing a good job with promo for them
This discussion has been closed.