Internet radio software that has a timer and can auto switch between stations ?

darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondered if anyone knows of an internet radio player that either is programmable to record a sequence of programmes, or can automatically switch between pre-selected stations on the clock ?

Comments

• richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,892
    Forum Member
    darkisland wrote: »
    Just wondered if anyone knows of an internet radio player that either is programmable to record a sequence of programmes, or can automatically switch between pre-selected stations on the clock ?

If you pay for Tune In on a phone or tablet it can be timer set, never tried to schedule two different stations though.
  • soulboy22soulboy22 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    try rarma radio you can schedule as many recording as you need brilliant software.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you pay for Tune In on a phone or tablet it can be timer set, never tried to schedule two different stations though.

I don't think TuneIn can switch stations as it records the station you were playing when you set the timer.
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy22 wrote: »
    try rarma radio you can schedule as many recording as you need brilliant software.
    100% agree with that,been using it for a year and it's excellent (And free ;) ),not only can you set recordings,but you can record multiple streams (on a saturday night i usually record 4 or 5 stations at the same time :) )
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys - much appreciated ::)
  • LeeBoy19LeeBoy19 Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys - much appreciated ::)
    For completely free software that records multiple stations stopping and starting when you want. Try 'streamwriter'. Last time I checked 'Rarma' it was crippled software unless you were prepared to pay them. Streamwriter is not crippled and totally free - no malware no ads just honest freeware that does the job.

http://streamwriter.org/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For completely free software that records multiple stations stopping and starting when you want. Try 'streamwriter'. Last time I checked 'Rarma' it was crippled software unless you were prepared to pay them. Streamwriter is not crippled and totally free - no malware no ads just honest freeware that does the job.

http://streamwriter.org/
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,357
    Forum Member
    Just wondered if anyone knows of an internet radio player that either is programmable to record a sequence of programmes...
    Remote recording for UK/Irish radio: www.radiorecorder.co.uk
  • Apprentice 2 SAApprentice 2 SA Posts: 2,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Useful tips here. I want to find one of these, too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    100% agree with that,been using it for a year and it's excellent (And free ;) ),not only can you set recordings,but you can record multiple streams (on a saturday night i usually record 4 or 5 stations at the same time :) )

I've just downloaded Rama Radio. How do I load up The Wireless and get it to schedule recordings of Paul's Classic Countdown chart show? Ditto Atlantic Oldies and Richard's chart show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just downloaded Rama Radio. How do I load up The Wireless and get it to schedule recordings of Paul's Classic Countdown chart show? Ditto Atlantic Oldies and Richard's chart show.
    both Atlantic oldies 2ng (for Richard todd's show) and The wireless (for paul burnetts classic countdown) are both in the database.do a search in the box on the top left and they should come up,then you can add them to your favourites.then tune in to the station,right click then click on the schedule station you can then set your timer :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    both Atlantic oldies 2ng (for Richard todd's show) and The wireless (for paul burnetts classic countdown) are both in the database.do a search in the box on the top left and they should come up,
    Thanks for the help. I thought I had done that. Cutting and pasting the station names from your post did he trick! Thanks.
    then you can add them to your favourites.then tune in to the station,right click then click on the schedule station you can then set your timer :)

I've then clicked on favourites to bring up the station list. I've right clicked on a station, and found 'schedule station'.

Unfortunately, it says 'You need to upgrade to the pro version to access this feature'.

So it appears timer recordings are not free from Rarma Radio.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've then clicked on favourites to bring up the station list. I've right clicked on a station, and found 'schedule station'.

Unfortunately, it says 'You need to upgrade to the pro version to access this feature'.

So it appears timer recordings are not free from Rarma Radio.
    I have the free version (Version 2.68.3 Bass 2.4.8.1
    ) and i can set timer recordings - i have all of my shows set for recording on weekly timers :) check what version you have (Click help,then click about) i think the software has been updated and the free version has had the recording schedule disabled,might be better to find a older version of the software here http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/rarmaradio.html
  • Radio-ActiveRadio-Active Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    Remote recording for UK/Irish radio: www.radiorecorder.co.uk
    Useful, but it splits recordings in to 15 minute segments.
  • Jamie6767Jamie6767 Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Rarma Radio.

I use it to record all the shows I want to hear on LBC 97.3 specifically to avoid the ads/ news/ travel/ weather/ appeals etc - when you get to the actual "content" in an hours broadcasting, it comes to about 34minutes when you skip the filler.

My life is too short to waste on this stuff!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ) and i can set timer recordings - i have all of my shows set for recording on weekly timers :) check what version you have (Click help,then click about) i think the software has been updated and the free version has had the recording schedule disabled,might be better to find a older version of the software here http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/rarmaradio.html

Many thanks. I downloaded 2.69. I'll uninstall and use your link.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've installed from that link and it's given me 2.68.2, even though the page does say .3! The schedule option is greyed out. :cry:
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,357
    Forum Member
    L
    Useful, but it splits recordings in to 15 minute segments.
    The good thing about recording in 15 minute segments is that you can listen shortly after each segment is recorded, i.e. you don't need to wait for your entire recording to finish before you can start listening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've installed from that link and it's given me 2.68.2, even though the page does say .3! The schedule option is greyed out. :cry:

Does anyone think this issue would be better served by starting a new thread? And if so would it be best here or in the 'Computers & Networks' section (or whatever that section's now called.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    L
    The good thing about recording in 15 minute segments is that you can listen shortly after each segment is recorded, i.e. you don't need to wait for your entire recording to finish before you can start listening.
    If using 'Streamwriter' you do not need to cut it up into 15 minute segments you can start playing the recording before it is completed and still have a completed full recording at the end of it.