Options

HBO Game Of Thrones S05 (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was quite underwhelmed with the series premiere. Then I felt guilty and deleted the remaining episodes.

What were you expecting?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    What were you expecting?

Nothing specific
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never known something like this to happen before! Are the leaks TV quality? That's my lazy Sunday sorted then 🙈
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Never known something like this to happen before! Are the leaks TV quality? That's my lazy Sunday sorted then 🙈

The premiere episode's quality was fine.

Doctor Who had three episodes leak last year.
  • Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Noooo .. Not leaks. I'll have to avoid the Internet for the next five weeks, and I can't do that, it's like my second home.

Not many would have low enough standards to watch the leaked copies. Non-HD and no 5.1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing specific

Oh please do be!
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon79 wrote: »
    Not many would have low enough standards to watch the leaked copies. Non-HD and no 5.1.

I've just checked the beginning of each episode and the quality seems fine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dont worry, I raise my standards considerably when I buy the annual blu ray set.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,836
    Administrator
    Just a quick reminder to not discuss any plot details of the leaked season 5 episodes until they have officially aired on television. I'm sure you understand this already as this is a no spoiler thread but better to be safe. Thanks.
  • Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    I've just checked the beginning of each episode and the quality seems fine

If by fine you mean watchable then yes, it is fine.
  • Options
    zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    The quality is good, better than VHS but not HD.

Im half way through Episode 2 and loving it, of course it will mean by the End of the Day I will be on a 4 week Hiatus awaiting Episode 5! Lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »
    The quality is good, better than VHS but not HD.

I'm half way through Episode 2 and loving it, of course it will mean by the End of the Day I will be on a 4 week Hiatus awaiting Episode 5! Lol

Well. There has to be a negative for the pluses one gains... I think one is enough for now. Just needed to 'wet me whistle'...!
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh. Must... resist...
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

Going back to Thrones been the most pirated TV show out there I think there'll be loads watching it. There's already a few here watching it. I'd normally be all over watching things as soon as humanly possible but a load of us get together on Monday nights for GoT and I don't want to have already seen it. There was nothing more awesome than all the emotions that ran through six of us simultaneously as Oberyn got his head smashed in.

By the way, on the topic of spoilers, once an episode has aired, are we 100% free to discuss the events in that episode without needing spoiler tags ?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the way, on the topic of spoilers, once an episode has aired, are we 100% free to discuss the events in that episode without needing spoiler tags ?

Once it has aired on TV it is fine.

The trouble is whether it is US or UK TV.

Most UK viewers should avoid this thread on Sunday night until it has been shown on Sky on the Monday night.
  • Options
    BlisterBlister Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I'll be watching them when they're released, though I suspect other people I know won't be able to resist the leaks. I've read the books though so I'm not too concerned about spoilers, unless they deviate a lot from the books.
  • Options
    zexstreamzexstream Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Cant Understand why Sky aren't simulcasting it when its being done all over the world.

Just means most people will download/watch online from elsewhere.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »
    Cant Understand why Sky aren't simulcasting it when its being done all over the world.

They Are, just not for the first episode.

They have a deal with a cinema chain for the Premiere episode so can't show that before it's shown in the Cinema.

Eps 2 - 10 will be shown first on Sky at 2,00 am Monday morning.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering Game of thrones is often reported to be one of the most pirated shows, I bet HBO are screwing that half a season of episodes have leaked before airing. There will be spoilers everywhere by lunchtime I bet.

Well there have been synopsis' of the first few episodes around for a while if you knew where to look, hopefully the spoilers won't spread any further than they already had.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep - I imagine that's the case.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    One of my Facebook friends posted something that may be a massive spoiler. He could be takin shit tho. In either case, this person is now unfollowed.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I can't bring myself to watch the leaked eps. Wouldn't enjoy them as much in low quality and I don't want the 4 week wait. :D
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I think the joke is on all the people that watch these four episodes early, that's then a five week wait for them to watch the 5th episode, so... yeah, I'd rather get one a week than 4 in one week, and have to wait four/five weeks for the 5th.
    Corwin wrote: »
    Eps 2 - 10 will be shown first on Sky at 2,00 am Monday morning.
    That's wonderful, especially when most people have jobs that typically start between 6am and 9am.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    I think the joke is on all the people that watch these four episodes early, that's then a five week wait for them to watch the 5th episode, so... yeah, I'd rather get one a week than 4 in one week, and have to wait four/five weeks for the 5th.

That's wonderful, especially when most people have jobs that typically start between 6am and 9am.

It does mean though that they can record them and fast forward through the breaks later though.

I'm not going to be downloading as me and my brother watch together so we usually just wait til 9 but I might take this route just to skip ads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    OMG. The first four episodes are just sitting there. I've been itching to see Game of Thrones season 5 for months and months and now the first four are there I am just thinking no. Don't do it. Stupid, stupid brain.

I watch the "illegal" version and then buy the boxset when it's released. I don't see the problem with that. Also the quality isn't that bad. Not on my computer.

I must resist...