Complete Series 7 boxset question

Comments

• PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen this listed as part of the US Series 7 set, any guesses?

I know Rain Gods has already been mentioned, but will these be more like Night and the Doctor and Meanwhile in the Tardis?

"• All-new featurettes INFORARIUM, Clara and the TARDIS, and Rain Gods "
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was over the moon to see this when going to sign the petition......
    UPDATE: Mission Accomplished! - Thank you!

by Daniel Daley
    Petition organiser
    In the past few Hours BBC Worldwide have issued the Following Statement:

"BBC Worldwide have announced that the UK release of Doctor Who - The Complete Seventh Series on DVD and Bluray WILL now include the 2011 Christmas Special, The Doctor, The Widow & the Wardrobe. Its prequel will also be included.The episode was omitted from last week's announcement but this has now been rectified by BBC Worldwide. Alongside it, all thirteen episodes from Series 7 and the 2012 Christmas Special"

In short the fact that all additional Material has now been restored to this set it can once again be called a "Complete" boxset I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to sign this petition and Donated time to spreading the word of this cause as far as it can go. It goes to show just what the power of spreading the word can do and is a reminder that we can all make a difference!

Thank you all once again.

-Dan

I didn't even get to sign, lol :o
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine it was always intended as a 6-disc set, and was just written as a typo. The vanilla release takes up five discs on its own, so I imagine it'll be the same for the box-set...especially given it has to cram in the special features and a whole extra episode now :)

So are you saying it is bigger on the inside than the outside?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair it should of gone on anyway.

Saying it was on a standard release yeah like all the xmas episodes are.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to fellow fans who made their voice herd on this matter. It is good to see that Worldwide do listen.
  • steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This does feed into the wider question of whether the specials in general should be sold separately from the series box sets. Now IMHO, If all the specials (rather than just VOTD) were actually feature length, i.e 75-90 minutes, then I'd have less of an issue with them being sold separately from the box sets, however they aren't, so it would be a bit of a cheek to try and effectively make you pay through the nose for something that's only 15 minutes longer than a normal ep.

Now, if the standard length for future specials became, say... two hours, then I'd say it should be compulsory to sell them as stand alone! :p:D
  • Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    More things confirmed. Check Here: http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/complete-seventh-series-boxset-announced
    http://www.tellytechblog.com/2013/07/doctor-who-seventh-series-amended.html

Demons Run is the 3rd Snowmen prequel, Clara's White Christmas from the vanilla is included,
    2 new features confirmed, Inforarium and Clara and the Tardis. What these actually are I don't know.

In other news, Good as Gold is UK ONLY, Matt Smith and Jenna Coleman Interviews on The Nerdist is USA ONLY, and no Widow Wardrobe behind the scenes.
    Still no news if P.S. and Death is the Only Answer is in.

So that makes the boxset look like this:

Episodes:
    The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe,
    Asylum of the Daleks, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, A Town Called Mercy, The Power Of Three, The Angels Take Manhattan,
    The Snowmen, The Bells Of Saint John, The Rings Of Akhaten, Cold War, Hide, Journey To The Centre Of The Tardis,
    The Crimson Horror, Nightmare In Silver, The Name Of The Doctor.

Minisodes:
    Widow Wardrobe Prequel
    Good As Gold, Pond Life, Asylum of the Daleks Prequel, The Making of the Gunslinger
    The Great Detective, Vastra Investigates, Demons Run: Two Days Later,
    The Bells of Saint John Prequel, Clarence and the Whispermen, She Said, He Said
    Rain Gods (Listed on BBFC as a prequel)

Behind the Scenes:
    Life Cycle of a Dalek (Episode 1 extra), Raptors, Robots and Bumpy Rides (Episode 2 Extra), Wild, Wild...Spain? (Episode 3 Extra)
    Writer's Tale, (Episode 4 extra), A Fall with Grace, (Episode 5 extra), Last Days of the Ponds,
    Episodes 1-5 behind the scenes (I think this is 6-10 from part 2, And these are all put together as running time is just under 20 mins).
    Behind the scenes episodes 6-8 (11-13), Creating Clara, Clara's White Christmas.

BBC America Specials:
    Doctor Who in the USA, Doctor Who at Comic Con, The Science of Doctor Who, The Companions

Commentaries:
    The Snowmen, Cold War, Hide and The Crimson Horror

Unknown:
    Inforarium, Clara and the Tardis

So far, the only things I see as not included are:
    Death is the only Answer, P.S., Strax Field reports,
    And some BBC America Specials (Including the ones that were on Widow Wardrobe Vanilla, though they may well be on it now as well.)

As not everything was on the press release and not everything yet cleared by BBFC, there may be more to be announced as well hopefully.
  • Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr2Pat wrote: »
    More things confirmed. Check Here: http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/complete-seventh-series-boxset-announced
    http://www.tellytechblog.com/2013/07/doctor-who-seventh-series-amended.html

Demons Run is the 3rd Snowmen prequel, Clara's White Christmas from the vanilla is included,
    2 new features confirmed, Inforarium and Clara and the Tardis. What these actually are I don't know.

In other news, Good as Gold is UK ONLY, Matt Smith and Jenna Coleman Interviews on The Nerdist is USA ONLY, and no Widow Wardrobe behind the scenes.
    Still no news if P.S. and Death is the Only Answer is in.

So that makes the boxset look like this:

Episodes:
    The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe,
    Asylum of the Daleks, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, A Town Called Mercy, The Power Of Three, The Angels Take Manhattan,
    The Snowmen, The Bells Of Saint John, The Rings Of Akhaten, Cold War, Hide, Journey To The Centre Of The Tardis,
    The Crimson Horror, Nightmare In Silver, The Name Of The Doctor.

Minisodes:
    Widow Wardrobe Prequel
    Good As Gold, Pond Life, Asylum of the Daleks Prequel, The Making of the Gunslinger
    The Great Detective, Vastra Investigates, Demons Run: Two Days Later,
    The Bells of Saint John Prequel, Clarence and the Whispermen, She Said, He Said
    Rain Gods (Listed on BBFC as a prequel)

Behind the Scenes:
    Life Cycle of a Dalek (Episode 1 extra), Raptors, Robots and Bumpy Rides (Episode 2 Extra), Wild, Wild...Spain? (Episode 3 Extra)
    Writer's Tale, (Episode 4 extra), A Fall with Grace, (Episode 5 extra), Last Days of the Ponds,
    Episodes 1-5 behind the scenes (I think this is 6-10 from part 2, And these are all put together as running time is just under 20 mins).
    Behind the scenes episodes 6-8 (11-13), Creating Clara, Clara's White Christmas.

BBC America Specials:
    Doctor Who in the USA, Doctor Who at Comic Con, The Science of Doctor Who, The Companions

Commentaries:
    The Snowmen, Cold War, Hide and The Crimson Horror

Unknown:
    Inforarium, Clara and the Tardis

So far, the only things I see as not included are:
    Death is the only Answer, P.S., Strax Field reports,
    And some BBC America Specials (Including the ones that were on Widow Wardrobe Vanilla, though they may well be on it now as well.)

As not everything was on the press release and not everything yet cleared by BBFC, there may be more to be announced as well hopefully.

This is what everyone is getting annoyed about. Why cant they make them the same???!!!

Also, if P.S, death is the only answer, strax field reports and widow/wardrobe extra's are on there, i will be quite happy.
    Forum Member
    This is what everyone is getting annoyed about. Why cant they make them the same???!!!

Also, if P.S, death is the only answer, strax field reports and widow/wardrobe extra's are on there, i will be quite happy.

I think the only reason Good as Gold and The Nerdist are exclusives to the UK and USA sets respectively, is because there may possibly be rights issues.

There definitely will not be a Widow Wardrobe behind the scenes extra, as I don't think there was one made. (may be wrong though)

Strax Field reports i'm not too fussed on as they can be added onto the 50th set.

I will be disappointed if P.S. and Death is the Only Answer isn't on the boxset. Seeing as P.S. was supposed to be a boxset exclusive if it was filmed anyway, hopefully they'll add it.

I am worried about Death though. It was supposed to be on the last confidential in the series 6 boxset but for some reason wasn't included. But seeing as the other script to screen minisode, Good as Gold is included, I have a little hope Death will be on this set but equally worried it wont be at the same time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only reason Good as Gold and The Nerdist are exclusives to the UK and USA sets respectively, is because there may possibly be rights issues.

There definitely will not be a Widow Wardrobe behind the scenes extra, as I don't think there was one made. (may be wrong though)

Strax Field reports i'm not too fussed on as they can be added onto the 50th set.

I will be disappointed if P.S. and Death is the Only Answer isn't on the boxset. Seeing as P.S. was supposed to be a boxset exclusive if it was filmed anyway, hopefully they'll add it.

I am worried about Death though. It was supposed to be on the last confidential in the series 6 boxset but for some reason wasn't included. But seeing as the other script to screen minisode, Good as Gold is included, I have a little hope Death will be on this set but equally worried it wont be at the same time.

By widow wardrobe extra's i mean the 3 feature BBC america special things that was on the vanilla release. I just want to actually call this set a "complete" set, with everything included.

I sent BBC worldwide an email earlier asking if they can confirm the full list of extra's and weather the special features you pointed out are going to be on there as well.
    Forum Member
    By widow wardrobe extra's i mean the 3 feature BBC america special things that was on the vanilla release. I just want to actually call this set a "complete" set, with everything included.

I sent BBC worldwide an email earlier asking if they can confirm the full list of extra's and weather the special features you pointed out are going to be on there as well.

Sorry about the misunderstanding of Widow Wardrobe extras, hopefully there on the set as well, though again not getting my hopes up as on the series 6 set, they left off the 2010 proms that was on A christmas carol.

If and when you get a reply from BBCWW, if they do give you a full list, would you be kind enough to post it on here?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry about the misunderstanding of Widow Wardrobe extras, hopefully there on it as well.

If and when you get a reply from BBCWW, if they do give you a full list, would you be kind enough to post it on here?

Yep, that's why i did it :D
    Forum Member
    Thanks Dr Jake Young, good luck on getting a good reply. :)
    Forum Member
    Series 7 Boxset now up for pre-order at BBC shop for £34.99, which is a good price in my opinion.
    http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/doctor-who-the-complete-series-7-dvd/invt/bbcdvd3838
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Series 7 Boxset now up for pre-order at BBC shop for £34.99, which is a good price in my opinion.
    http://www.bbcshop.com/doctor-who/doctor-who-the-complete-series-7-dvd/invt/bbcdvd3838

wow they reduced the price that much? Also no news from Amazon uk? I just bought the 2011 special on july and now it's included? O well i'll keep it if we don't get (why wouldn't we would be a mistery) the BBC America Best of specials...
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    To be honest I can live without The Nerdist stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think i will wait until we here some news about a limited edition version. (Unless they have decided to dump that?!!)
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow they reduced the price that much? Also no news from Amazon uk? I just bought the 2011 special on july and now it's included? O well i'll keep it if we don't get (why wouldn't we would be a mistery) the BBC America Best of specials...

Just a notify me on amazon at the moment,keeping my eye on it until they give the option to preorder.Really impressed with all the extras

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-The-Series-Complete/dp/B00E9SUVWG/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a notify me on amazon at the moment,keeping my eye on it until they give the option to preorder.Really impressed with all the extras

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-The-Series-Complete/dp/B00E9SUVWG/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

But what about all the deleted scenes/bloopers? But yea, the rest are great!
    Forum Member

thank you very much hopefully it'll soon become preorderable at the same price of bbc. They reduced it very much from 51£ uh?
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Bluray looks a decent price on the BBC shop too. £38.99

Anyone ordered from them before? Any reviews of their service?
  • Kieran SeymourKieran Seymour Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    The Bluray looks a decent price on the BBC shop too. £38.99

Anyone ordered from them before? Any reviews of their service?

They're fine, just as good as anyone else.

Just remember to look up their monthly 10% off code before you pre-order :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they dont make the us extra avaliable in the UK boxset then ill just find a torrent site with the extra on even though I dont want to go down this route but I see no other choice.

By the way why arent all the BBCA docs included? They did 5 of them not 2. I know because I watched them on dailymotion.
    Forum Member
    If they dont make the us extra avaliable in the UK boxset then ill just find a torrent site with the extra on even though I dont want to go down this route but I see no other choice.

By the way why arent all the BBCA docs included? They did 5 of them not 2. I know because I watched them on dailymotion.
    the best of ones are included in TDTWTW dvd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same here. I already do that to features that aren't available in this country.