Cult - Season 1 (US Pace) (Spoilers In Tags)

Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Premiers on The CW 19th February, pilot available on Hulu now.

Comments

• iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed the first one - might be one of those shows that you enjoy less once you peel back the layers though.

Great start.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the first episode (its up on the The CW website as well) and I like it. I was reminded at different times of Twin Peak and the film In the Mouth of Madness. Robert Knepper is always worth watching in my opinion and although the first 20mins were a little slow it certainly picks up. My worry is that it will need too much "buy in" to pick up casual viewers and will suffer ratings wise. I hope I am wrong but I fear this will be another show I will bemoaning its fate.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it and will stay with it for a few more episodes
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found myself checking emails after 20 minutes. Switched over after 30.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Yeah bit slow first episode but will stick with it for another episode or two.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to watch it but it's already likely to be cancelled. :(
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. Feels a bit like what The Following promised to be but didn't deliver. Started a bit slow as has been commented, and was a little bit messy / complicated for a first episode, might have driven the audience away

it's one I'd like to see survive and will stick with it for now.

Hart of Dixie is not exactly the best lead in for it and opening night figures are not great so it's already below the bubble though :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Just watched this and what a right mess of s show! I thought the shwo was trying to be clever for its own good andf trying to hype itself too much with the aid of being a TV show about itself. The writing and structure ws poor, the acting was awful, and the idea behind the TV shwo is just insane. Definitely won't be coming back for the second episode! I always give TV shows a few episodes to settle, but I can't vring myself to watch a second episode of this!