Best upgrade from iPhone 4 and most affordable (contract)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
was looking to spend between £20 and £26 a month, just turned 18 so I can get my own contract, the iPhone has served me well but I'd prefer a better camera and larger screen!

Open to pretty much anything, I havent got anything against android and iPhone 5 contract is too pricy

I'm always using internet on my phone, barely ever make calls though so wouldnt need loads of minutes!

Comments

• swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    For that price there will be many phones available to you such as s3, LG 4x, HTC one X will be available with plenty of data at that price.

Better to decide how much Internet you want with contract and get an idea of which phone first to narrow it down.

http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/contract-mobile-phones/t-mobile/full_monty_26/sony/xperia_z/48954679.html?source=webgains&siteid=20363

Good deal
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    One of the new Windows 8 phones from HTC or Nokia
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe wait until middle of march & see how much the s4 is going to be with your carrier?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Found a good deal on the Xperia z with t mobile an do2 both for 26 and 27 a month. However both have declined me as I have no credit rating, I have a job and I'm a student. What can I do? I don't really want to get out a contract sim tbh, I need a new phone!
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Found a good deal on the Xperia z with t mobile an do2 both for 26 and 27 a month. However both have declined me as I have no credit rating, I have a job and I'm a student. What can I do? I don't really want to get out a contract sim tbh, I need a new phone!

I'm in the same boat. I have money, but because i have never had credit as i've never needed it, i cant get a contract phone! Its absolutely stupid. I just buy my phones outright now. Cheaper in the end and just stick to PAYG.
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't have the money to pay outright...
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Imo your lack of credit rating is a blessing here. Use some of your student loan (the cheapest loan you will ever get!) to purchase a Nexus 4 outright and pair it with one of the many superb 30 day SIM only deals on the market. £289 (delivered) for the 16gb version works out at £12/mth over the course of 24 months and you can get a very decent monthly allowance on SIM only for £10-£12/mth these days. 2 years is an awfully long time to commit to imo.
    Forum Member
    Im in college not university

Went to live chat on T Mobile they claim they would accept me however they also say they dont stock the Xperia Z?

Whats this then? http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/contract-mobile-phones/t-mobile/full_monty_26/sony/xperia_z/48954679.html?source=webgains&siteid=20363
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a third party company pairing a device and a contract together, but you're not buying from T-Mobile direct.

Konebyvax's advice is pretty sound - there are good AYCE data deals with a couple of hundred minutes and loads of texts available on a rolling monthly contract with Three for £13/£16 per month. You just have to fund the phone. Got a birthday coming up?
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ring T-moble, they will probably give you the contract but want a deposit or anywhere from £75-£150. Just pay the deposit and start your credit file.

If you pay on time every month you'll never have to pay a deposit again and after 3 or 6 months they will refund you the deposit. If you are thinking of buying the phone sim free you may aswell use that money to fund your deposit.