Options

Scandal Season 3 US pace (spoilers in tags please)

Comments

• Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely fantastic episode last night.

Things are really coming together, finally filling in the blanks about Hucks backstory. Quinn is getting close to the truth too.

I think we will move towards Huck being reunited with his family, although whether that will go well is another matter but it will help heal him if it happens.

Glad there was less of Olivia and Fitz getting together.

Poor Jake. I didn't really like him as a character, found him a bit smarmy, but he was a wreck at the end. How long was he in the hole for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few more thoughts

Hucks view of Liv could completely change now he knows who her father is. Was quite scary when he grabbed her in the carpark so he's clearly very upset.

Rowan's real name is Eli Pope, so that would explain why the file Cyrus had on Olivia said her father Eli worked at the Smithsonian (where he lied to Olivia about working) and yet he has a different name at B613.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed ep 2, there were so many twists and turns, it was so exciting. I don't like Eli Pope and can now understand what Liv and Fitz have gravitated towards each other- both having overbearing men as fathers:mad:

I do miss seeing Fitz and Liv together but glad that they were able to talk and work towards a common goal - as it were. Now that Jake is back, I can see that Fitz's ticking will probably go overdrive.

Huck....? very surprised that he got violent with Liv but can understand he is now confused as to who to trust.

Roll on ep 3:D
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rioxxx wrote: »
    I really enjoyed ep 2, there were so many twists and turns, it was so exciting.
    Roll on ep 3:D

It's a really good series. But with all the twists and turns I'm starting to get confused as to whom is doing what to who?

:)
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Its funny i always thought i would never be interested in this show but saw a post back along and thought I would give it a try and watched season 1 & 2 within about three days. I absolutely love it its on the edge of your seat stuff.

I hope Huck forgives Liv and they work together moving forward, glad Jakes back i love Scott Foley but he does remind me of Nick Lachey
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great ep.
    It's great to know why Olivia and her dad don't have a proper father/daughter relationship, now we know why she backed out of marrying Edison it wasn't because she didn't love him it was to save his life.
    I think it will take some time for Huck to trust Olivia again, also love it that they've referred back to his sl, maybe he'll be reunited with his family.
    Also great to have Jake back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »

I hope Huck forgives Liv and they work together moving forward, glad Jakes back i love Scott Foley but he does remind me of Nick Lachey

I second the above comment BUT as I am pro Olitz, warts n all, I really hope the Olivia stays loyal to what she and Fitz have ( little, I know but...) I'd hate there to be all these inbetweeners, only for Fitz and Olivia to reconcile every 3 episodes. I know that scenario makes good drama- but it may put me off. For once they were singing from the same hymn sheet. I know that will not always be the case but I want to see progression in their "distant" joint r/ship- or else what's the point, just break them up!
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    What a great episode, Jake :( Would love to see him and Liv get together - again!

Huck is hot! :o
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love flashback episodes and I'm really glad we got to see a bit more of Liv's backstory...

After me being done with Olitz (or more specifically Fitz) last week there was some redemption in this episode, Fitz getting Jake back for Liv even though it pained him to do so was a good thing to do and was a nice move away from his usual selfish actions.

I really wish that Liv hadn't lied to Huck about getting him a deal and I can see why Huck flipped out on her like that. I hope they manage to reconcile though as I can't imagine OPA without Huck working there, and I really hope he doesn't turn back and rejoin B613 now.

Mellie and Cyrus both have the ability to steal the whole episode just with one line - the "you're evil", "you're welcome" exchange was pure genius.

Rowan/Eli is not a nice man and he's certainly an awful dad but Joe Morton is amazing in the role! However, and this is just my speculation but I'm going to put it in spoiler tags anyway -
    With the way they're laying it on quite thick about him being so powerful and with everything seemingly leading back to him I can't see him surviving the season. I predict a "who killed Rowan?" story to come.

Oh and I couldn't stand Quinn in Season 1, I grew to like her across Season 2 but now I'm back to not liking her again.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    I love flashback episodes and I'm really glad we got to see a bit more of Liv's backstory...

After me being done with Olitz (or more specifically Fitz) last week there was some redemption in this episode, Fitz getting Jake back for Liv even though it pained him to do so was a good thing to do and was a nice move away from his usual selfish actions.

I really wish that Liv hadn't lied to Huck about getting him a deal and I can see why Huck flipped out on her like that. I hope they manage to reconcile though as I can't imagine OPA without Huck working there, and I really hope he doesn't turn back and rejoin B613 now.

Mellie and Cyrus both have the ability to steal the whole episode just with one line - the "you're evil", "you're welcome" exchange was pure genius.

Rowan/Eli is not a nice man and he's certainly an awful dad but Joe Morton is amazing in the role! However, and this is just my speculation but I'm going to put it in spoiler tags anyway -
    With the way they're laying it on quite thick about him being so powerful and with everything seemingly leading back to him I can't see him surviving the season. I predict a "who killed Rowan?" story to come.

Oh and I couldn't stand Quinn in Season 1, I grew to like her across Season 2 but now I'm back to not liking her again.

Fitz only tried to get Jake back he didn't succeed, Eli gave him back in exchange for his Sunday dinners again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    Fitz only tried to get Jake back he didn't succeed, Eli gave him back in exchange for his Sunday dinners again

Yes it was because of Eli. He wanted Janine to be blamed for the affair, to remove Olivia from suspicion, and as Fitz "confessed" Jake was returned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Fitz "confessed" because he thought that was the way to get Jake back, his ultimatum to Cyrus before the confession was that he would only confess as Cyrus wanted him to if Cy got his friends at B613 to let Jake go...

Fitz and Cy don't know about Sunday night dinners or about Rowan/Eli being Liv's dad, as far as they are concerned (presumably) it was Fitz's confession that got Jake released.

Therefore it still stands that Fitz doing what he thought he had to in order to get Jake back because Liv asked him to was a big step in redeeming him after his outing her.

Also, it wasn't solely Sunday night dinners that got Jake back. If Fitz had never confessed and if Jeanine hadn't either then Jake wasn't coming back no matter how many meals Liv offered her dad... Rowan told Liv earlier in the episode that Jake was only getting released if Jeanine was believed to be the mistress. Liv offering him Sunday night dinners again was just a bonus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Eli had Olivias mum killed, maybe she found out about B613 and was going to take Olivia away from him so he had her killed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    I wonder if Eli had Olivias mum killed, maybe she found out about B613 and was going to take Olivia away from him so he had her killed.

I think Eli probably had something to do with the death (if she really is dead) of Liv's mum...

Not sure it would have been because she was going to take Liv away though, in Cy's kill file last week they said that Liv got sent to boarding school after her mum died and never lived in the family home again. So he didn't seem to want Liv around or to maintain much of a relationship with her after her mother's death.

The line from the premiere where he said "the White House will destroy you" and Liv replied "that's what mum used to say about you" leads me to believe that all was not well in the Pope marriage.

Maybe she found out about B613 and was going to go public about it so he had her killed or made her disappear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt Eli had her killed. I'm guessing he put her on a plane to some far flung place with a new identity, like he tried to do with Liv in the first episode of the season. Even though Eli/Rowan is evil, his weak point is still his family. Also I'm hoping there must have been more reason than his wife just finding out about B613. I mean it must have been something for him to lose his wife and daughter (as he sent her away so she effectively lost her relationship with both parents).

Also the file Cyrus had was planted info, with Livs dad working at the Smithsonian etc, so not everything in it is true, even though the part about. Liv being sent away is, as she said so herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Eli probably had something to do with the death (if she really is dead) of Liv's mum...

Not sure it would have been because she was going to take Liv away though, in Cy's kill file last week they said that Liv got sent to boarding school after her mum died and never lived in the family home again. So he didn't seem to want Liv around or to maintain much of a relationship with her after her mother's death.

The line from the premiere where he said "the White House will destroy you" and Liv replied "that's what mum used to say about you" leads me to believe that all was not well in the Pope marriage.

Maybe she found out about B613 and was going to go public about it so he had her killed or made her disappear.
    That does make more sense, can't wait to find out more so far the first two eps have been great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    I doubt Eli had her killed. I'm guessing he put her on a plane to some far flung place with a new identity, like he tried to do with Liv in the first episode of the season. Even though Eli/Rowan is evil, his weak point is still his family. Also I'm hoping there must have been more reason than his wife just finding out about B613. I mean it must have been something for him to lose his wife and daughter (as he sent her away so she effectively lost her relationship with both parents).

Also the file Cyrus had was planted info, with Livs dad working at the Smithsonian etc, so not everything in it is true, even though the part about. Liv being sent away is, as she said so herself.

When Liv worked out that her dad was connected to B613 he gave her the not very subtle threat of "if you push me, you will know me well. That would break my heart." I think he places his role as head of B613 and protecting the republic above everything including family. This is a man who sent someone to make a sex tape with his daughter in order to, as he put it, protect the republic. I definitely think he would kill/disappear anyone who stood in the way of his work.

I don't think that Liv's mum is dead, I think you're right that he probably put her on a plane somewhere and made her disappear - which he would do either to protect her from something or to punish her / protect himself. The fact that he didn't send Liv with her even though he then didn't keep Liv around afterwards makes me think that there was a sinister reason for him getting rid of Liv's mum.

The only thing planted in Cy's file was the info about Eli which wasn't deliberately planted for the purposes of the kill file, its the cover that Eli has been using for years... Cy doesn't know that Rowan is Liv's dad, he thinks that Liv's dad is a guy called Eli who works at the Smithsonian just as Liv believed that that's who her dad was until she met Huck.

After this taster of Liv's back story I hope we delve even deeper into it as the season goes on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S3 ep 3 Promo, looks epic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvl08_Cn6v0
  • Options
    Forum Member

Re spoiler- I sooo hope so:mad: as long as it's not ordered by Fitz. I am more sympathetic with Liv's character, after seeing how her dad is. I would have so liked for him to be a tough leader, yet a loving - caring father towards Liv. She so NEEDS someone out the the WH and OPA to rely upon openly. Instead, she get this harsh, brash man that only lights up when he is talking about fine wine...idiot.

I also hope that Liv finds out that Quinn hacked her emails and fires her. That's gratitude for you. Yes, Quinn might feel that her life has been taken from her but what a nerve to start reading your bosses emails, because you can!

On a different note, the list of men fighting for her attention is stacking up fast. Who do you think she best suits, Fitz, Eddison, Jake, Harrison (secret crush on his part:o)...

it looks like she only left Eddison because of her dad, what IS that man's problem:( Anyway, I feel she lights up for Fitz, so I feel that there is something deeper between them. Jake has seen a different, lonely side to Liv but is that a basis for loving someone...?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't think my nerves can handle that ep from the clip....lol
  • Options
    Bob_MasseyBob_Massey Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    This weeks episode was so good, as are most of them! I loved the flashbacks, including Olivia's bangs :) It was great seeing more of Hucks backstory and look forward to knowing more about Harrison. I think hes the only one we really havnt learnt much about. And is someone ever going to mention Abby's new makeover??

What i love about the show is that you never know where its going. You might think you do but then it takes you in a totally different direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another strong episode I thought. Feel so sorry for Huck, he's going into meltdown. Was surprised he went ahead and killed that guy just like he used to. Was interesting to see the whole "he owns me" feeling from both him and Olivia. Eli is such a strong character, answerable to no one it seems.

They didn't delve into the Iraq thing that was in the file that Cyrus saw, involving Fitz and Jake, but it was mentioned a few times wasn't it? Is the whole secret going to be the new theme of the season, a bit like Defiance was previously?
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. This programme just gets better and better. I know one thing for sure, if I had a US Government secret I'd head for the hills, never to be seen again.

Poor, poor Huck. How he keeps his sanity I can't imagine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another great ep

I felt so sorry for Mary, she killed herself thinking her son was a terrorist when in fact he was a hero :(

Poor Huck, still under the control of Eli, I hope he'll eventually reunite with his family. Great scenes between him and Olivia

Whats Remington all about??
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another great ep

I felt so sorry for Mary, she killed herself thinking her son was a terrorist when in fact he was a hero :(

Poor Huck, still under the control of Eli, I hope he'll eventually reunite with his family. Great scenes between him and Olivia

Whats Remington all about??

The trouble with Huck reuniting with his family is that his character will probably leave the series, so hopefully that will be one of the last things that happens. :)

I prefer Huck working with Olivia rather than being apart from each other, his character is best when he isn't being too upset about things.