RATM get owned, Joe gets #1!!!

Comments

• Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBHM wrote: »
    Is DS getting overrun with kids and trolls - or even trolling kids?
    Or is it just people who cannot read plain English - even when repeated a dozen times in a row in different wording by different people?

Yes...
  • Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Surely the OP was attempting to make a joke, as I'd struggle to find this being rational.

Joe lost, there's no educated way to say otherwise.
  • kaloukkalouk Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a Joe supporter but I do think people need to stop with these threads as much as I would have liked Joe to be Xmas No 1 the RATM campaign was a success and was always only a one week campaign, so there is no place for gloating. I like Joe and am happy for him to have his No1 this week as are most of the RATM supporters I think as most have stated that it was never about Joe.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    Yes...

Fair enough :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone really cares now because the whole point was for Christmas number 1. I think you've missed the point or a typical Forum Troll.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that RATM are number 2 in the charts the after the campaign is over is hardly a fail
    Exactly. Their song's hardly dropped out of the charts like a stone, like some people on here predicted it would.
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow what a dumb thread.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    HAHAHAHAHA!! I know it's already been said, but I'm going to say it again,

this thread has been an epic fail.

Talk about being put in your place! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirkfnw wrote: »
    Nope. RATM were #2 this week so they were trying really hard, and failed miserably. Joe is laughing his arse off right now. :p;)

How did RATM fail when they didn't even re-relase the song? It had nothing to do with RATM whatsoever, they didn't do anything except finding one of their album tracks chosen randomly as the focus of an anti-xfactor campaign.

However, i can see you have social problems, so i'll just leave it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    HAHAHAHAHA!! I know it's already been said, but I'm going to say it again,

this thread has been an epic fail.

Talk about being put in your place! :D

The OP is not going to listen to you - or anyone - anyway.
    I honestly thought they would not show up again after the replies to the first post, but when I saw his/her second post, then it was obvious the OP is either on of my possibilities laid out in my first post here (post 26).
  • FERAL SHARKEYFERAL SHARKEY Posts: 3,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles/

#1 Joe
    #2 RATM

Where are the overnight RATM supporters now???!! :) I don't use these terms much but I think calling it an "Epic fail" is appropriate :p;)

so if every xfactor fan bought a copy of climb pre christmas
    does that mean they went out and bought a 2nd copy just to make it no1 in the nobody cares week ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is a troll! :D

The aim was to get the christmas no1 and that was achieved, we could have had this week's no1 as well, if we wanted! ;)
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I don't understand is, if you look through the OP's previous posts, before Christmas he was making some Pro-RATM, Anti X Factor posts.
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    I think Joe got owned last week, the important week.
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBHM wrote: »
    Is DS getting overrun with kids and trolls - or even trolling kids?

Yes - this forum has. It's almost as bad as when Coleen Nolan was in Dancing on Ice and you couldn't post any opinion about Coleen without the thread being flooded with almost identically worded posts about how great Coleen was and insulting people who didn't agree.

I'm assuming anyone sensible who really *did* just want RATM to be number one at Christmas will have better things to do than carry on posting about it the week after Christmas. Because, as they say, it was all about getting a number one at Christmas and they've proved their point to their own satisfaction. And now the point is proved there can't possibly be any need to keep posting about it.

Equally, it's obvious that people who feel their point was proved by the RATM Christmas no 1 aren't interested in the post Christmas no 1. So it also seems a bit pointless posting threads that are apparently meant to convince them that Joe's no 1 negates RATM's Christmas no 1. Obviously, to those who supported RATM's campaign, Joe getting to no 1 now doesn't undo what they feel they achieved.

I just wish things would calm down to their usual level of amusing witty discussion.

People on either 'side' who can't cope with criticism of whoever they support are free to start 'appreciation' threads where no-one is allowed to rain on their parade. But please let the rest of us get on with business as usual. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Joe got owned last week, the important week.

Exactly! :D:p
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe Rage are even in the charts this week, let alone number two. :D

Didn't everyone in the world already buy the album in 1991? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »

Nobody did.
  • SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe Rage are even in the charts this week, let alone number two. :D

That was when they formed, the album/song came out in '92
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was when they formed, the album/song came out in '92

Well, whenever.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would think that in 92 everyone who bought it owned it as a tape (or very possibly CD) single or as part of a record/CD/minidisk/tape album.

On the 'hype' rekindling their love of the song, they'd probably rebuy it in mp3 format (better quality, easy to play on their computer & mp3 player). So the format change over the years would have helped RATM immensely as fans rebought music (as I'm sure lots did when we went from record/tape to CD).

As for RATM getting 'owned' (never did understand that phrase), the idea was for them to get Christmas No1. They did. It has, or had, nothing to do with beating Joe in particular, only the winner of the X Factor from claiming the top spot as theirs with a predictably slushy, insipid cover.

I'm sure most RATM campaigners would be happy that the lad got his no1 - and the last of the noughties, no less. That's not what the issue was and anyone who fails to 'get' that so very late in the day will frankly probably never really get it.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles/

#1 Joe
    #2 RATM

Where are the overnight RATM supporters now???!! :) I don't use these terms much but I think calling it an "Epic fail" is appropriate :p;)

A ridiculous and juvenile post:mad:
  • KirkfnwKirkfnw Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Spratt wrote: »
    I'm assuming anyone sensible who really *did* just want RATM to be number one at Christmas will have better things to do than carry on posting about it the week after Christmas.

LOL @ you. Joe is the DECADES number 1, far better than Christmas #1 IMHO. And many others as well ;)

And it's funny that the RATM zealots say "no one cares" yet you're replying to my post which tells me you care enough. You can't take that X-Factor is making new musicians and garbage like RATM is no match for X Factor. Isn't RATM like the worst band ever, who never even got a top 10 hit in their prime? :p
  • KirkfnwKirkfnw Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody did.

:D

According to Wiki Killing In The Name got to the top 30 in 1992. Oh dear. :o
  • Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL @ you. Joe is the DECADES number 1, far better than Christmas #1 IMHO. And many others as well ;)

And it's funny that the RATM zealots say "no one cares" yet you're replying to my post which tells me you care enough. You can't take that X-Factor is making new musicians and garbage like RATM is no match for X Factor. Isn't RATM like the worst band ever, who never even got a top 10 hit in their prime? :p

If you read the forums regularly you'd know that I've posted plenty of stuff about RATM to the extent that Tumblin Dice has labelled me an 'anti campaigner' - whatever that might be. :D Thanks for proving my point that I'm not on either side, I would just like it all to stop!

There is childish trolling on both sides, NOT by most people on either 'side' who have now moved on (since both the 'Christmas number one' and 'Joe getting to no 1' issues have both been resolved.)

You can't blame either pro RATM or pro Joe posters for the childishness - I've come to the conclusion it's just down to people who like a fight and are trying to fan the flames to extract a bit more aggro.

It's tedious for everyone else to have threads constantly hijacked and also against forum rules to deliberately wind others up.