Options

What boxset are you currently watching?

Comments

• Options
    NobbyspilesNobbyspiles Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    I'm having a Breaking Bad weekend!

Be careful on that crystal meth, I believe it can be quite addictive ;-)
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, I remember the announcement, though I hadn't connected it in my brain with how bad season 8 apparently is.. So, as long as season 7 doesn't end on a cliffhanger, I shan't bother with season 8 then. I know-or at least I'm pretty sure I know- how the whole series ends anyway and I gather that had something to do with fan pressure. Had they got a season 9 and gone ahead with their original plan, season 8 would have ended very differently, I assume.

Thank you for your help. :)

Season 7 ends as it should, when no one knew if s8 had been green lit or any of the stars signed up. So no cliffhanger.

Despite the showrunners saying they couldn't end s8 on the cliffhanger there was a biggie and then SK was sacked and for weeks rumours were that all those remaining had signed up or were within hours of doing so. It was a stupid day waiting for the word NF that he was on board. Just in case they filmed a series finale that wrapped it all up nicely.

Then the axe fell huge sigh of relief from most fans and come the finale the cliffhanger was shown as it would have been and there was a 30 second scene tacked on the end with no script, just voiceover from previous speeches.

To say it was a damp squib was a bit of an understatement.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rewatching season 1 of NuPoldark

Will then watch season 2 if NuPoldark (or what has aired so far)
  • Options
    sussex_seagirlsussex_seagirl Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Season 7 ends as it should, when no one knew if s8 had been green lit or any of the stars signed up. So no cliffhanger.

Despite the showrunners saying they couldn't end s8 on the cliffhanger there was a biggie and then SK was sacked and for weeks rumours were that all those remaining had signed up or were within hours of doing so. It was a stupid day waiting for the word NF that he was on board. Just in case they filmed a series finale that wrapped it all up nicely.

Then the axe fell huge sigh of relief from most fans and come the finale the cliffhanger was shown as it would have been and there was a 30 second scene tacked on the end with no script, just voiceover from previous speeches.

To say it was a damp squib was a bit of an understatement.

Thanks for that.:) I knew about the 30 second scene, but had no idea that they'd just tacked it on after an unresolved cliffhanger. Really bizarre that they didn't use the season/series finale that wrapped it all up!

Anyway, I should stop hijacking this thread. Thanks again. :)
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    Just started Once upon a Time, ever fancied the idea of it first time round but it's ok. Also watching season 2 of Agents of Shield. It carries on well from the end of season 1.
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    West Wing - Sublime, fantastic writing and acting, fully deserved the awards it won.

Twin Peaks - Not sure, this is far more bizzare than i could even imagined.

Law and Order Criminal Intent Season 4 - Very underrated, Vincent and Kathryn are both fantastic, Vincent is one of my all time favourite actors and he really shines here. Want is one of the best crime drama episodes ever.
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    Last time I posted on here I was probably watching my Cheers box set.

I'm still watching it. It's massive.
  • Options
    L.O.V.EL.O.V.E Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    currently watching the big bang theory from the start
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to start a Town Called Eureka, or Eureka as I know it..... Again.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    I'd managed to stack up season one of Shades Of Blue so I'm currently going through it in preperation for the season finale next week.

edit-was quite surprised to find it on sale in HMV earlier this week, didn't realise the dvd had already been released before it was finished premiering here.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greys Anatomy as I never watched any of it before. Am currently on series 9
  • Options
    Kate42Kate42 Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    TWD S6, two more episodes to go!

Unfortunately I don't have Sky, so will have to wait a whole year before S7 is released on DVD :(

No doubt when it premieres who Negan has killed will be everywhere!
  • Options
    Kate42Kate42 Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Yep love the Good Wife, consistently good quality throughout its run imho.

It's very good, now about to start S6.

Wasn't happy about what happened to one of the main characters, won't put their name in case people haven't seen it yet!

It's great that Jeffrey Dean Morgan is joining the show, he is a very versatile actor, and easy on the eye! ;-)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 2 of Scream. It's ever so tedious but it's a nice easy watch
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been bingeing Wentworth Prison, Season 4 now :)

Gutted Fletch left the show he was my fave.
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    TWD - The Comnplete Series - Never saw it before until two days ago when a fb friend kept badgering me halfway through Season 3 now - hoping to get all the way through in time for premiere Next Sunday
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    been watching some SNL stuff on youtube recently and remembered a show called "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" that was done by the same people as "The West Wing" and had quite a bit of crossover in the cast as well

its all on youtube and i'm up to episode 7, struggling to work out why it only got one season as its so good.
  • Options
    MediaMan5MediaMan5 Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate42 wrote: »
    The Good Wife S4, are they any other fans on here?

Massive fan here! Wasn't sure it was going to be my sort of thing but it one of the most underrated shows imo. Season 5 is amazing TV with some great moments that I won't spoil for you. Season 5 episode 'Hitting the Fan' is one of my favourite epsiodes of anything I've seen, watched on it's own it won't seem much but if you have investment in the characters and the series then you will be on the edge of your seat.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Watching Friday Night Lights for the first time. Loved season 1, season 2 was terrible, and season 3 was a big improvement, but still not as good as the first. Will start season 4 in a few days.

I absolutely hate Tyra and Landry. Both together, and apart.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started finally watching Grey's Anatomy last night!

5 episodes in and enjoying it! I have 13 seasons to get through :o
  • Options
    MissAyrshireMissAyrshire Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm another one watching Grey's Anatomy for the first time. I'm on season 3
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm another one watching Grey's Anatomy for the first time. I'm on season 3

I'm on Episode 2 of Season 2. Addictive! I'm on average watching 4 a day (currently job hunting!)
  • Options
    bikinibikini Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    i am finally watching breaking bad. everyone i know has seen it so if i want to talk in the pub i need to know what it is all about at long last
  • Options
    pon farrpon farr Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Mission Impossible, a classic show.
  • Options
    Decepticons1Decepticons1 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Went through the first season of Vice Principals, not too bad.