Most stupid answer to a quiz question ever!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    I have found 'Tipping Point' to be a wonderful source for silly answers - here's a few recent ones:

28/11/2014
    Q) What was the name of Roy Disney's famous younger brother ?
    A) Wally

Q) Which saint is commemorated on the British flag ?
    A) Saint David

22/01/2015
    Q) How many wheels did a penny farthing have ?
    A) 12

06/02/2015
    Q) Which famous US pop artist designed the 'banana' album cover for The Velvet Underground and Nico ?
    A) Prince

Q) Which famous steam train was the first to attain a speed of 100 miles per hour ?
    A) The Orient Express

04/03/2015
    Q) On what date is Christmas day ?
    A) Wednesday

09/03/2015
    Q) Scrambling, poaching and coddling are methods of ?
    A) Fishing
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :...
    Q) Which saint is commemorated on the British flag ?
    A) Saint David

What was the given answer?, as St Andrew, St George and St Patrick are all on there. Admittedly the contestant was unlucky in guessing St David though as Wales has no direct representation:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    What was the given answer?, as St Andrew, St George and St Patrick are all on there. Admittedly the contestant was unlucky in guessing St David though as Wales has no direct representation:)

Ah. Good point Shrike ! I may have recorded the question wrongly. Perhaps it was 'English flag' ?
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah. Good point Shrike ! I may have recorded the question wrongly. Perhaps it was 'English flag' ?

St David would indeed be a pretty daft answer then:D
  • The_BonoboThe_Bonobo Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Well JR was shot 35+ Years ago in Dallas, JFK was shot 50+ years ago in Dallas. Somebody of a certain age could very easily confuse the two especially these days.

BIB I hope you are not going down the irritating route that so many on these shows do
    where they apparently only know things that happened in their lifetime.

For instance we have all heard of Jesus and he is just a little bit before all our times.

I suspect you are not actually meaning that though to be fair.
    able1 wrote: »
    Turkey.

I watched this whole episode of Family Fortunes a little while back and it was absolutely
    hilarious. Not just the "turkey" bit. It seemed to just build and build over the show.

This is part one which then links to the rest...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqDCnG5B7G8
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    Q) How many wheels did a penny farthing have ?
    A) 12

To be fair, I'd wager that the contestant in that instance has misheard the question as "How many sides did a farthing have?" (what with the word "penny" being in the question)...except they were actually thinking of a threepence ;)
  • Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    I'm quite surprised that this is being featured so heavily on the DS homepage as the show was originally aired about two years ago and it didn't get the coverage then.
    The girl in question who gave the answer is early 20's. I'm shocked she even knew JR but it's clear to show that she knew more about soap opera history than real life history.

It was a great answer, as Richard always says, better to have a stab at something than say nothing at all.

I read the article on here just now and I have to agree.

I usually watch Pointless but I didn't watch last night's episode and my dad told me about it. What an awkward moment for Alexander, especially he can get the majority of at least most of the answers on the board that haven't been said by any of the contestants at the end of the round. After all, you have got to remember he is a comedian :D
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    in Einsteins famous equation E = MC2 what does the E stand for?

Gravity
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not an answer but a question by Anne Robinson in Weakest Link, "How many R's in two days,"? "none",? "no, 48". :D
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    Not an answer but a question by Anne Robinson in Weakest Link, "How many R's in two days,"? "none",? "no, 48". :D

Anne's posh voice could be confusing, like when she asked a question about coniferous animals, instead of carnivorous ones.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anne's posh voice could be confusing, like when she asked a question about coniferous animals, instead of carnivorous ones.

Notsomuch her posh voice as her face and lips stretched tight by too many face-lifts voice.
  • WillpurryWillpurry Posts: 2,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, you mean her speaking properly.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joan of Arc stabbed in the bath! :D

Lenny Hendrix! :D
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would be a porcupine, I imagine. :)
  • MimiMoonlightMimiMoonlight Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    There was someone on Pointless a while ago who thought Hamlet was written by William Tell! :blush::D
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    able1 wrote: »
    Turkey.

There's a programme about game shows with Bradley Walsh on ITV at 10.40 tonight (Wednesday) including an interview with the 'Turkey' family (so the write-up says).
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What barrier did the Bell X1 break?

the Thames barrier
  • able1able1 Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    There's a programme about game shows with Bradley Walsh on ITV at 10.40 tonight (Wednesday) including an interview with the 'Turkey' family (so the write-up says).

Bit of a coincidence that.

It's been on before.
    The guy has now passed away
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    The Weakest Link

ANNE ROBINSON: What kind of bear lives in the arctic?

CONTESTANT: Errrrr... Penguin?

:D:D:D

ANNE ROBINSON: British traffic lights are red, green and what other colour?

CONTESTANT: Green.

ANNE ROBINSON: What is the term used to describe a painting painted directly onto a wall?

CONTESTANT: Errrr... Monarch?

Heart FM Pancake Day Quiz

RACHAEL NEW: How many days are there in Lent?

CALLER: Err... Is it 31?

RACHAEL NEW: What is the French for pancake?

CALLER: This must be the hardest subject in the world. Is it 'le pancake'?

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RACHAEL NEW: How many days are there in Lent?

CALLER: Err... Is it 31?
    Hardly on a par with the other examples. Many people would have a problem with that. I seem to recall it's 30, so only one day out.
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    Hardly on a par with the other examples. Many people would have a problem with that. I seem to recall it's 30, so only one day out.

No, there are 40 days in Lent. Without wishing to be rude to you, I believe that most people would know that. Also, this was not a general knowledge quiz, it was a radio quiz just about pancake day. If a caller doesn't even know basic things about Shrove Tuesday and why the day happens, they shouldn't be calling in to compete on a show about the subject.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of my favourites & it features in the first video link is

Anne Robinson:Which member of the Royal Family appeared in the 200th edition of A Question Of Sport?.

Contestant:Ricky Tomlinson

The answer was Princess Anne.

The Weakest Link Daft Answers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F569es9uoCc

The Weakest Link Daft Answer Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XAs3LvdMf4
  • Phoenix04Phoenix04 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A woman in Pointless was asked the surname of a former Irish Prime Minister, first name Charles.

"I don't know anything about Irish politics, so I'll just guess a typical Irish surname....... Abrahams?"
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    No, there are 40 days in Lent. Without wishing to be rude to you, I believe that most people would know that. Also, this was not a general knowledge quiz, it was a radio quiz just about pancake day.

There you go though - "pancake day". There's knowing about that, and there's knowing about the religious significance of the Lent period. Just as plenty of people are into celebrating Christmas without any regard for the Christian aspects of the festival.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, there are 40 days in Lent. Without wishing to be rude to you, I believe that most people would know that. Also, this was not a general knowledge quiz, it was a radio quiz just about pancake day. If a caller doesn't even know basic things about Shrove Tuesday and why the day happens, they shouldn't be calling in to compete on a show about the subject.
    Well, you can wish all you want, without achieving your aim. And I challenge your belief that most people would know that.

I do know about Shrove Tuesday and Ash Wednesday. I am sorry to break it to you, but they are part of the religious calendar which most people these days wouldn't be aware of.