Options

Diversity/"Swift Moves" in 2005.

-Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
Forum Member
I've just found some clips of Diversity when they were known as Swift Moves in 2005.
It's only Ashley, Ian, Terry, Jamie and Mitchell (who it seems has spent most of his life jumping out of bags :p) and also a member who isn't in Diversity.
The sidebar of one of the clips says that "K.I" (who they battled) were choreographed by Marlon from Flawless, so obviously they've been competing against each other for a long time.

Interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v4I2nCqIAk&feature=related

Compilation of their dance battles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVXKdbcLJUk&feature=related

Comments

• Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very interesting clips, Jade, thanks for posting them.

Diversity (as they are now) didn't form up until early 2007; one of their first 'gigs' was at the charity do that London cabbies run for kids.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Thanks Jade :)

Very good moves. Can't wait to see them on the 'Royal Variety Performance'.:)
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitchell is so cute in that clip, he must have been about 8/9.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    Mitchell is so cute in that clip, he must have been about 8/9.

I don't think he looks too much older now.
    I don't find Ashley as attractive at all in those clips.. partly because he says "I'm not being funny but.." :o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -Jade" wrote: »
    I've just found some clips of Diversity when they were known as Swift Moves in 2005.
    It's only Ashley, Ian, Terry, Jamie and Mitchell (who it seems has spent most of his life jumping out of bags :p) and also a member who isn't in Diversity.
    The sidebar of one of the clips says that "K.I" (who they battled) were choreographed by Marlon from Flawless, so obviously they've been competing against each other for a long time.

Interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v4I2nCqIAk&feature=related

Compilation of their dance battles:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVXKdbcLJUk&feature=related

I've just realised that Jordan, Warren and Sam are in the second clip from 1:52 for about 10 seconds.
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOl at Mitchell sitting down reading with the glasses on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow Ashley must have been about 16 and Jordan and Sam must have been about 12
    Mitchell was an amazing dancer at 8/9 years of age
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Angurdaval wrote: »
    wow Ashley must have been about 16 and Jordan and Sam must have been about 12
    Mitchell was an amazing dancer at 8/9 years of age

Sam would have been 15, I think he's 19 now.
    It's weird that Jordan was 12 though, he looks older than Perri & Mitchell do now and they're 13 :confused:
    Ashley doesn't look 16 either though, it must run in their family.
  • Options
    GonzoTheGreatGonzoTheGreat Posts: 4,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Jade" wrote: »

It sounds a lot like someone from BGT found out about their "dance battles" and had them both "battle" on telly. Bit coincidental both groups make the live finals when they know each other well.

It's not a bad thing, but that show is so pre-scripted and they obviously go to showcases to head hunt people. It makes good telly tho.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    It sounds a lot like someone from BGT found out about their "dance battles" and had them both "battle" on telly. Bit coincidental both groups make the live finals when they know each other well.

Not really much of a coincidence. They're both street dance groups from London, the street dance scene is hardly huge so they're ore than likely to cross paths more than once.