Options

Trying to order a ftv card

pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it me or am I just unlucky. Spent lots of time on the phone to wherever the party (that's what it sounded like ) was going on . After taking contact info and you give them a credit card no. it gets difficult and they put you on sky music. How much a minute is that? Not impressed...

Comments

• Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    5p/minute from a BT line (a lot more from a Virgin line) - but they've got to make their money somehow.

However, I heard Sky don't actually run the operation (but, judging by what you say, they've certainly been trained by Sky).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had another go on my post office line and apparently it will be answered in less than 10 minutes. Never had a sky card , surely its not this bad always.

edit:3rd time try but it could take 15 mins now.
  • Options
    givecreditgivecredit Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Why do you not order it from here:

https://mysky.sky.com/replacecard/get-a-card

No phone call required..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    givecredit wrote: »

No phone call required..
    That's for replacement cards and, as the OP says he has never had a card .......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like it needs an existing card number on that website. All I want is a card for use in the bedroom as I have a 28E feed in there but no external terrestrial antenna.

edit:thanks :Heinz
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I read the OPs question. The link is also for people who do not have cards. When you click on the link then click on the blue writing thatstates "dont have a viewing card?" link.... It works..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read the OPs question. The link is also for people who do not have cards. When you click on the link then click on the blue writing thatstates "dont have a viewing card?" link.... It works..

I have had to point this out to many people who have been under the same impression as Heinz. I think Sky could make the link much clearer, because, as you say, once you find it it's straight forward to order one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish I'd had done over the net in the first place. I'm a bit in limbo now. They have my address , name and cc number (whether or not it's correct is a different matter!) but not the expiry date nor security digits so in theory shouldn't be able to charge it. After several minutes of being on hold I put the phone down. The guy said his system had locked up and went off to speak to a supervisor. Is it worth me ordering one over the net or wait and see if one turns up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    As it happens I ordered a card on Monday , it took 8 minutes to complete the transaction , looks like you have been very unlucky
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pmbond wrote: »
    I wish I'd had done over the net in the first place. I'm a bit in limbo now. They have my address , name and cc number (whether or not it's correct is a different matter!) but not the expiry date nor security digits so in theory shouldn't be able to charge it. After several minutes of being on hold I put the phone down. The guy said his system had locked up and went off to speak to a supervisor. Is it worth me ordering one over the net or wait and see if one turns up?

You could check with your Credit Card co to see if Sky have debited your account
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No phone call required..
    Heinz wrote: »
    That's for replacement cards and, as the OP says he has never had a card .......

No it isn't. Click on the link "Don't have a viewing card?"!
  • Options
    jnojno Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am with the OP, I tried calling Sky recently to DOWNGRADE my subscription (no option to downgrade on one of their million options on the automated answering service - only "upgrade" = give Sky more money). Anyway, ...

I used VOIP where I can see how much money I am spending on the call and as usualy when you call Sky, you just see it going up and up and going up and up - after waiting nearly ten minutes on their premium rate number I had still not spoken to anyone and in the end just GAVE UP !

Is this Sky's new policy on keeping customers? Never answer the phone to allow people to downgrade subscriptions - quite frankly: USELESS customer service.

If Sky don't have enough people to answer the phone and speak to their paying customers, then urrrh, maybe they should get some more people?

Any money I had tried to save on getting rid of channels I don't watch anymore had now been put back months by one call to Sky's customer services, which they didn't even answer - Sky is/are a rip off.

So I can totally understand how "trying" it is to get a FTV card over the phone.
  • Options
    reeleyreeley Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    try the www.saynoto0870.com for free or at least geographic numbers - it may help
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jno wrote: »
    I am with the OP, I tried calling Sky recently to DOWNGRADE my subscription (no option to downgrade on one of their million options on the automated answering service - only "upgrade" = give Sky more money). Anyway, ...

I used VOIP where I can see how much money I am spending on the call and as usualy when you call Sky, you just see it going up and up and going up and up - after waiting nearly ten minutes on their premium rate number I had still not spoken to anyone and in the end just GAVE UP !

Is this Sky's new policy on keeping customers? Never answer the phone to allow people to downgrade subscriptions - quite frankly: USELESS customer service.

If Sky don't have enough people to answer the phone and speak to their paying customers, then urrrh, maybe they should get some more people?

Any money I had tried to save on getting rid of channels I don't watch anymore had now been put back months by one call to Sky's customer services, which they didn't even answer - Sky is/are a rip off.

So I can totally understand how "trying" it is to get a FTV card over the phone.

Then send them an email, it's free :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's how I have paired my card to my last 3 digiboxes too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that - never noticed it - is it hidden deliberately?
    That's how I have paired my card to my last 3 digiboxes too.
  • Options
    wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    By that do you the text is not large enough to make it obvious ... OR the link does not appear on your browser... :confused:

Why send some feeback to BSkyB about how to make it even more obvious... :)
    Thanks for that - never noticed it - is it hidden deliberately?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @sodafountain : obviously I am not as wise as you are and had no idea Sky subs could be dealt with via email.

If you want to be really helpful though you might like to say what the address is . also, how about getting over the the HELPDESK password ?

Any help appreciated, thank you!
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @sodafountain : obviously I am not as wise as you are and had no idea Sky subs could be dealt with via email.

If you want to be really helpful though you might like to say what the address is . also, how about getting over the the HELPDESK password ?

Any help appreciated, thank you!

You can either log into mysky, where you can contact them, or jsut google "contact sky" which takes you to the contact info page, under TV is email the sky tv team, takes you to - https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyhelpcentre/contactus/kana
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I just logged into "MySky" and the FAQ clearly states (paste):

~ start ~
    Can I cancel or downgrade my subscription?
    If you're not happy with your current package, call Sky Customer Services on 08442 414 141 and we'll help you choose channels and services that are right for you and your budget.

If you're happy with your current TV subscription but want to see more of the programmes you love, see My Sky for personalised recommendations, Sky Anytime, Remote Record, Never Miss and more.

If you're not happy with Sky Talk or Sky Broadband, we can help you get more out of these services with fixes for some common technical problems and hints on getting the most from our telephone and internet services.
    ~ end ~

They definitely want you to call, but I will try your link anyway.

FOUND "downgrade" eventually !! thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5p/minute from a BT line (a lot more from a Virgin line) - but they've got to make their money somehow.

However, I heard Sky don't actually run the operation (but, judging by what you say, they've certainly been trained by Sky).

Yes just looked at my recent calls on my po line and 5p/min for a wasted 13 min call and 12p to ring the no. and listen to a recorded message telling me it will be 10-15mins before being answered. Ordered one online but I'm sure it said something about a confirmation e-mail but never received it. So I may end up with 0,1 or 2 cards. I could ask my CC provider but that will be another call centre as for some reason I can't access my account online and the monthly statement should be here shortly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone confirm 100% (not 99%!) that they have downgraded their sky packages solely by using their MySky account on-line ?

I see it on one of the menus there but being the eternal pessimist (or realist in the case of Sky) I just have this non-belief feeling of incredible amazement that Sky makes it so easy to do and that I will get an nothing back except a standard template email back saying something like "maybe you should discuss your viewing needs with us ... why not give us a call on this really expensive telephone number which never gets answered and we will charge you a lot of money not to tell you how we think you should be giving us more money". Sorry Sky, I just don't trust you anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can anyone confirm 100% (not 99%!) that they have downgraded their sky packages solely by using their MySky account on-line ?

I see it on one of the menus there but being the eternal pessimist (or realist in the case of Sky) I just have this non-belief feeling of incredible amazement that Sky makes it so easy to do and that I will get an nothing back except a standard template email back saying something like "maybe you should discuss your viewing needs with us ... why not give us a call on this really expensive telephone number which never gets answered and we will charge you a lot of money not to tell you how we think you should be giving us more money". Sorry Sky, I just don't trust you anymore.

It works. I carry out all my sky dealings via email. Changed packages up and down with no problem.