Caroline Lucas MP Appreciation Thread

LyotoLyoto Posts: 67
Forum Member
Caroline Lucas MP was arrested earlier today simply for taking part in a completely non-violent democratic protest against fracking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23753750

She opposes workfare and is on the side of the people and not big business.

No other politician would do what she does and protest with the people they would view it as beneath them to be around plebs.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    But is she fit?
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    Lyoto wrote: »
    Caroline Lucas MP was arrested earlier today simply for taking part in a completely non-violent democratic protest against fracking.

No other politician would do what she does and protest with the people they would view it as beneath them to be around plebs.

you dont have to be violent to get arrested for protesting, for instance trespassing or causing damage to equipment etc
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But is she fit?

I think so. ;)

But I also support her for standing up for her principles, something too few MPs are prepared to do today in case it impedes their progress up the greasy pole.
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But is she fit?

No (IMO).
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Titan9 wrote: »
    No (IMO).

And in mine:eek: In fact I was genuinely surprised to find out she had children:eek:

Anyway, she should be doing her business in parliament, not protesting with all the other bloody unwashed hippies....IMO ;)
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member

She doesn't appear to be on the side of all the people though does she.
    Certainly not the thousands of old people that freeze to death every winter because they can't afford the gas prices.
  • ClearviewClearview Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

JFK: "The student leaders of today are the student leaders of tomorrow"
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But is she fit?

For her age, she looks ok i suppose, however it's her personality which makes her ugly. i.e her being a nasty authoritarian feminazi loon.
  • ClearviewClearview Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DadDancer wrote: »
    For her age, she looks ok i suppose, however it's her personality which makes her ugly. i.e her being a nasty authoritarian feminazi loon.

Couldn't put it better myself.
  • Magic8BallMagic8Ball Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very commendable. Does she donate some of her £65k MP's salary back to the people as well?

Particularly the salary she's getting for the time she's out on the protest line and not in parliament or her constituency actually doing her job?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I thought long and hard before deciding to get on the front page of every newspaper"
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    But is she fit?

There are better looking MPs, but I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

I'd also vote for her, which is always useful lol
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,549
    Forum Member
    Magic8Ball wrote: »
    Very commendable. Does she donate some of her £65k MP's salary back to the people as well?

Particularly the salary she's getting for the time she's out on the protest line and not in parliament or her constituency actually doing her job?

Parliament is in recess, in case you hadn't noticed!
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    And in mine:eek: In fact I was genuinely surprised to find out she had children:eek:

Anyway, she should be doing her business in parliament, not protesting with all the other bloody unwashed hippies....IMO ;)
    How can she be in Parliament when Parliament isn't sitting? And how do you know these "hippies" are unwashed - have you inspected them personally? :)
    Forum Member
    CSJB wrote: »
    She doesn't appear to be on the side of all the people though does she.
    Certainly not the thousands of old people that freeze to death every winter because they can't afford the gas prices.
    How exactly is she responsible for that?
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    How exactly is she responsible for that?

Shale gas could potentially lower gas prices therefore poor old people would be able to heat their homes and not freeze to death.
    Not rocket science is it :rolleyes:
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Rebel without a clue.
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. The motivations that define her politics are good. We could do with more people like her.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having seen her in person, she is perfectly normal looking for her age. Some will find her attractive, others won't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    Rebel without a clue.

You may not agree with her politics, but I expect she is far more fluent and knowledgeable than you are.

I personally think she is great and speaks a lot more truth and sense than most other politicians.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, fracking sounds very worrying, and she has put her neck on the block, which no other politician would do - very admirable!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline Lucas being interviewed by a 10 year old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdEriGO3r8U
    Forum Member
    CSJB wrote: »
    Shale gas could potentially lower gas prices therefore poor old people would be able to heat their homes and not freeze to death.
    Not rocket science is it :rolleyes:
    "could potentially" is not science at all. It's not at all certain that shale gas would lower gas prices.
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    "could potentially" is not science at all. It's not at all certain that shale gas would lower gas prices.

Any argument for or against shale gas in the uk is "potentially" because its not been done yet so nothing is certain.
    What we do know is gas prices in USA have dropped by 2/3 because of shale gas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was blocking an access road that could be used by emergency services, putting peoples lives in danger.