Options

Let me just clarify what is wrong with dating sites and society in general

Comments

• Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I am 100% the same on here as I am in real life. The internet is a reflection of real life and I'd like to think that every word every one of you types on here is exactly what would come out of your mouth in real life otherwise what is the point?

And if you really did say what you said you did to that poor woman on the dating site, then you maybe need to look at how you come across to other people - it may give you some idea as to why you're not in a relationship!

Everybody has the right to state what they want - just because it's not what you want doesn't mean it's wrong. I'm all for honesty but there are times when you say things and other times when you should just leave it and walk away, whatever you really feel. It's called emotional intelligence - knowing how what you say will affect other people's emotions and altering your own behavior to suit the situation.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Of course i said that to her. It's ridiculous the demands she was making and she honestly thinks that on a dating site she's gonna get that? It's just not gonna happen. Someone had to tell her she's live in la la land if she thinks that. I can't change how i am now. What i've done is laid down my opinions on what the problems are with dating sites and the society who uses these sites and how they blend together. It's changed people for the worse. They expect everything that they want.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Haha. The gaydar website used to be hilarious for pictures like that.
    Cock against a remote control, cock against a can of lynx, cock against a ketchup bottle (ewww).
    Yes mate, we get it, you've got a biggish winky.
    It's another world. :o I have never seen such a thing in Guardian soulmates. Probably for the best that women don't go in for that king of thing, using an assortment of doughnuts and swimming rings.
    In the real world if you lot had spoken to me the way you have on here it would be considered bullying. Sniggering at me, mocking me, making jokes about me.

come on. You posted a self-pitying and hate-filled rant against women. You can't start flouncing now.

I'm, hmmm, 65% sure you are trolling. In case you are not, your attitude to women on dating sites is so astonishingly unpleasant that we can only be thankful that you have met with so little success. I would hate to think that you have had more than one chance to launch yourself into the contemptible verbal attack you boast of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course i said that to her. It's ridiculous the demands she was making and she honestly thinks that on a dating site she's gonna get that? It's just not gonna happen. Someone had to tell her she's live in la la land if she thinks that. I can't change how i am now. What i've done is laid down my opinions on what the problems are with dating sites and the society who uses these sites and how they blend together. It's changed people for the worse. They expect everything that they want.

Then you could have just said that she wasn't the right woman for you - you didn't need to be rude to her. It isn't up to you to set her right about being in 'la la land' if that's what she wants - she'll find that out for herself...

And they are indeed your opinions, which is fair enough. What you can't seem to accept is that others don't have the same opinions as you do and that your opinions are not necessarily the facts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's another world. :o I have never seen such a thing in Guardian soulmates. Probably for the best that women don't go in for that king of thing, using an assortment of doughnuts and swimming rings.

Made me laugh out loud - woke the cats up! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

come on. You posted a self-pitying and hate-filled rant against women. You can't start flouncing now.

I'm, hmmm, 65% sure you are trolling. In case you are not, your attitude to women on dating sites is so astonishingly unpleasant that we can only be thankful that you have met with so little success. I would hate to think that you have had more than one chance to launch yourself into the contemptible verbal attack you boast of.

I bet we would get along fine in real life. Do you like the donuts? How about some donuts and what's a good drink women like these days, is it the wine? Me and you would get on great eating our donuts and you drinking some wine and walking around town sight seeing, getting to know each other, you fallling in love with my scottish accent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet we would get along fine in real life. Do you like the donuts? How about some donuts and what's a good drink women like these days, is it the wine? Me and you would get on great eating our donuts and you drinking some wine and walking around town sight seeing, getting to know each other, you fallling in love with my scottish accent.

Is this a new Romcom from Richard Curtis?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this a new Romcom from Richard Curtis?

:D Ha ha. I do like a Scottish accent though.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

can't wait to see it....:D:D:D
  • Options
    Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Depends on from which part. Some can be rough
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Then you must physically be a white rectangle laid lengthways, who communicates by making lines of typeface-type writing appear across your front. You're an alien or bizarre mutation!:o

I'm 5 foot 8 actually, white straight man, or caucasian they call it isn't it? That's the PC term for white people. I'm very much human. I have blue eyes. I have nice teeth.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    From that original post, we should all consider ourselves clarified. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From that original post, we should all consider ourselves clarified. :cool:

When you say that I imagine a man, hand on his hip, with fancy clothes on, big white teeth and a really camp voice saying 'I've been clarified'!
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And are you any different?
    Would you go on a date with a woman off dating site if you didn't like the look of her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks aren't everything.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    Would you go on a date with a woman off dating site if you didn't like the look of her?
    Looks aren't everything.

To be fair, "not liking the look of somebody" isn't just a reference to their physical appearance.

I might be all set to go on a date with Charlize Theron but if, when I turn up, she's busy smoking meth' and biting the heads off live chickens then I probably won't "like the look of her".
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    When you say that I imagine a man, hand on his hip, with fancy clothes on, big white teeth and a really camp voice saying 'I've been clarified'!

I expect most of us imagine you in a soiled string vest, white y fronts a size too small, roll of fat in between, 5 teeth, all black, in your mums basement. But in fact, trolls come in any shape and size.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "I expect". Well MAW, I don't think anyone has really bothered about what you thought on DS for quite a while now. No one really bothers with you do they?

And what's with the description. I already told you all I'm a white man from Glasgow. My kind of people can't afford fancy houses like that. We don't have basements in our houses here but how cool would that be to have a basement! Do you have a basement? Is that where your cats sleep and whoever you're seeing this month from the navy lol.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused. Are you trying to get MAW into bed? This sounds a lot like your seduction technique.
  • Options
    ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Came here expecting clarification… none given. False advertising hazydayz, false advertising.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I joined tinder to rate people, I know I know I'm awful, and the first batch included my former work mate and the guy my friend was with, my best mates ex, my former friend with benefits and my cousin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    I'm confused. Are you trying to get MAW into bed? This sounds a lot like your seduction technique.

Ha. I think 95% of the users on DigitalSpy are a bit out of practice when it comes to sex lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha. I think 95% of the users on DigitalSpy are a bit out of practice when it comes to sex lol.

Are you putting yourself in that 95%?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm in the other 5% and I'm willing to help any women out that need that helping hand, get the cobwebs off, dust of the bed rust, help you get back into the groove. I've got a double bed here, much like every other double bed in the UK so that once your lesson in love with me is over you wont feel out of your depth in your own bed and you'll be grooving and girating in no time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in the other 5% and I'm willing to help any women out that need that helping hand, get the cobwebs off, dust of the bed rust, help you get back into the groove. I've got a double bed here, much like every other double bed in the UK so that once your lesson in love with me is over you wont feel out of your depth in your own bed and you'll be grooving and girating in no time.

I'd take up stand-up comedy if I were you - rather than becoming a gigolo with few takers......