Karen Buckley Missing Girl

Comments

• TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is interesting (from the link above):
    Tonight she I]Pacteau’s mum, Noreen[/I said her son had done nothing wrong and that witnesses had seen Karen leave his flat alone at 4am - supporting his version of events.
    Other than her saying witnesses corroborated his story, I haven't seen confirmation of these witnesses elsewhere. If she genuinely did leave his house at 4am, I wonder what the likes of Terry and Sweet_Princess would have to say? Would they still think he's guilty or would they accept that perhaps someone else was responsible for her disappearance?
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The club is in the West End of Glasgow across the road from The Western Infirmary. It is not in the area Glaswegians' would call the city centre.
  • EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    Report from the Daily Record suggesting items of significance found, they don't report what though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/karen-buckley-missing-discovery-made-5526760

Clothing and another item found outside the main search area of his home by a member of the public. So not in the areas the police are already searching.
    Forum Member
    This is interesting (from the link above):Other than her saying witnesses corroborated his story, I haven't seen confirmation of these witnesses elsewhere. If she genuinely did leave his house at 4am, I wonder what the likes of Terry and Sweet_Princess would have to say? Would they still think he's guilty or would they accept that perhaps someone else was responsible for her disappearance?

No, I don't remember hearing anyone other than her mention this but I it were true would the police have detained him?
    Forum Member
    tangsman wrote: »
    The club is in the West End of Glasgow across the road from The Western Infirmary. It is not in the area Glaswegians' would call the city centre.

Perhaps no additional CCTV then?
  • RushRush Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    My guess is she had been talking to this guy on a dating site. There is no way you would leave your friends and go away with a guy after a few minutes, she must have known/been speak to him in some capacity.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, some of the assumptions on this thread. And then people wonder why they get closed.
  • bookclub10bookclub10 Posts: 4,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this article, Police confirm that human remains have been found...

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/317366-karen-buckley-search-police-find-human-remains-at-farm-near-glasgow/
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Possibly need to pump out a flooded tank?

That's been the speculation..doesn't bear thinking about. Not expecting good news in the morning, sadly.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookclub10 wrote: »
    According to this article, Police confirm that human remains have been found...

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/317366-karen-buckley-search-police-find-human-remains-at-farm-near-glasgow/

Yes it is very sad indeed. Karen's family and friends are in my prayers.

"Police have confirmed human remains have been found in the search for a missing Irish student in Glasgow.

Karen Buckley, 24, has been missing since the early hours of Sunday when clubbing in Glasgow's west end.

Following her disappearance a major search was launched, with police helicopters and diving teams joining the operation"

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/3173...-near-glasgow/

Statement from police

"A statement from officers said: "Police Scotland officers have recovered human remains on a farm in the north Glasgow, on the outskirts of Milngavie.

"Formal identification has yet to take place, however, police believe that they may be those of missing woman Karen Buckley. Relatives are aware.

"Enquiries are continuing."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been reported on Sky news, how very sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll see if the lamentably piss poor Police Scotland [ Individual regional police forces were seen as outmoded and uneconomic by the forward looking SNP ] can wrap this up quickly without f***ing it up .
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are with her family and friends.

Hope they bring the perpetrator to justice asap.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to go to the Glasgow Arches frequently when I was in my 20s, early 30s. Went for the first time a while recently and there was no shortage of creeps. One even followed me around, groping me.. I managed to lose him by hiding in the ladies toilets and my friends kept an eye out for me. Wandering around Glasgow isn't a great idea, especially around the clubs.

I'm not victim blaming btw, before I get pelters. The scene, to me at least, has definitely changed. People want the Arches shut now, which is a shame as I've had fantastic nights there but my last visit was full of idiots. I feel so bad for Karen and her loved ones.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    Nobody shags down. Especially not women. People shag up or across.
    Revolting comment, as per.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,526
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/karen-buckley-missing-man-centre-5525539

"Alexander Pacteau admitted using equipment from his then home in Drumchapel to print £20 notes after running out of money.
    The Record revealed today how the 21-year-old former private schoolboy has been spoken to by police about Karen..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-32330044

"A 21-year-old man was detained on Wednesday and police said they were "following a definite line of enquiry".

This is an interesting development in what now appears to be this tragic case BUT we should all remember Christopher Jeffries before making pronouncements about what we guess happened. Especially one or two people in this thread who have already done just that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have friends who live close to the area. Rumour, and I say rumour although it's from friends have said they've located Karen's remains.

I have no words. Sick of these murders. Ffs..rape is.something we as women...or men.. can deal with. Hard, aye. But most manage to get on with their lives. No need to kill a young woman .

Think I need to stay out of this for now. So sorry for Karen and all the ones who cared for her. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll see if the lamentably piss poor Police Scotland [ Individual regional police forces were seen as outmoded and uneconomic by the forward looking SNP ] can wrap this up quickly without f***ing it up .

They have found a body and detained the suspect. How is that Police Scotland a failure:confused:
  • austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Why is pacteau pictured here.He is cleary at court or was he away for a job interview or maybe he was a witness.

So sad xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    austino6 wrote: »
    Why is pacteau pictured here.He is clearly at court or was he away for a job interview or maybe he was a witness.

So sad xxx

I would guess (possibly wrongly) that these pictures were taken from his court appearance for printing counterfeit money which was last year.

I'm speculating.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    So is Pacteau the 21 year old who has been detained? All reports on BBC radio news yesterday when they named him stressed the police said he wasn't a suspect.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is Pacteau the 21 year old who has been detained? All reports on BBC radio news yesterday when they named him stressed the police said he wasn't a suspect.

It is pretty much a certainty it is him. I think it will be publicly revealed when he makes his first court appearance that might be today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It appears to be.

http://news.sky.com/story/1465700/man-21-detained-in-hunt-for-missing-student

Whilst all the arrows are pointing his way, a lot of media outlets have pulled his name from reports and just said "A 21 year old suspect."

That usually means that it's him and we won't be able to talk about it on DS when he is charged. Not that I want to, it's a Sub judice matter.
  • FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What horrible news to wake up too. Sadly though, not surprising :(
This discussion has been closed.