Options

Boyfriend's Female Best Friend

Comments

• Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »
    I have lost track the number of times I have put one of my friends to their home and put them to bed because we have had too many drinks. Never for one second has it been anything else then us being "mates". I am pretty confident she would say the same as me if asked "not if he/she was the last man/woman on earth". Yet we can sit there and have each other rolling about the floor in tears talking about nothing. I could share a story from our relationship for the 100th time and we would think its the most funny story ever told yet if someone else told me the same story I would think " what a pair of losers".

If she was in trouble or needed my help and she felt like she could not call me at 4am in the morning because someone won't like it then I think that would make me a different person and not for the better

I once years ago called a friend after I had been out for the night and told him I had no money to get home. He hopped in a taxi(spent about £75 doing so) and came and picked me up and made sure I got home. It was 2 in the morning, I was drunk and he thought nothing of it. That to me is a true friend. If a friend needed me I would be there (or at least my husband would I don't do well being woken in the middle of the night).
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the difference is that the OP feels shut out, her boyfriend knows that, and doesn't do anything to allay her fears. It's the perceived/apparent subterfuge that makes this situation so difficult.

My response was to a post from malaikah who seems to think that its impossible to two adults to have a platonic relationship.

I'd already posted that in OP situation there does appear to be somebody beyond just friendship going on.
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My best friend is a guy and even though he has spent LOTS of nights in my house and we even lived together at one point, I was never ever attracted to him in that way. I also sometimes call him in the middle of the night if I'm in trouble/upset/happy etc. But I wouldn't sleep with him - ever!

It is possible that they are just close friends.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    My best friend is a guy and even though he has spent LOTS of nights in my house and we even lived together at one point, I was never ever attracted to him in that way. I also sometimes call him in the middle of the night if I'm in trouble/upset/happy etc. But I wouldn't sleep with him - ever!

It is possible that they are just close friends.

but have you lied to your partner regarding what you are getting up to with your friends ?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    c4rv wrote: »
    but have you lied to your partner regarding what you are getting up to with your friends ?

Has the OP been lied too?, Or was it the friend who was lied too?. As said maybe he lied to the friend because 'the girlfriend is here' wouldn't put her off coming over
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    Has the OP been lied too?, Or was it the friend who was lied too?. As said maybe he lied to the friend because 'the girlfriend is here' wouldn't put her off coming over

Exactly. This actually seems harmless to be. He didn't want her to come over and pretended to be away. If he had said "my girlfriend is here" she might have come over anyway.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Tbh I would be annoyed if anyone phoned wanting to come over when we were trying to sleep never mind a female friend
  • Options
    katy18katy18 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Hi all, Thought I'd give a quick update.

Turns out I had no need to be worried about the 18 year old. Ir was the 24year old tart from round the corner I needed to be worried about. Yes, I was dating a cheater after all

He told me while absolutely hammered, it was because he didn't think I was committed to us (I was obviously more than him) and hey doesn't he get some sort of leeway coz he never cheated on anyone before (I'm just special apparently)

I've had to stay at his because I was too drunk to drive but obviously we're done. My heart is breaking and I'm so angry / upset I could scream.
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so sorry this happened.

You've had a very lucky escape and should be reassured that your instinct and gut feeling was spot on.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wants 'leeway' because he's never cheated before?. Does he expect the first one to be "free" then ?. Bloody hell.

Sorry to hear it's ended like this though Katy. Does sound like you had a lucky escape.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Better off without him Katy. Infatuation with a teenager AND cheating. Painful for you but better you know for sure now rather than worrying about it for months. You can move on now :)
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't know what all this soul-searching is about. Your 'boyfriend' is cheating on you with this other girl. What's to discuss?
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    katy18 wrote: »

Turns out I had no need to be worried about the 18 year old. Ir was the 24year old tart from round the corner I needed to be worried about. Yes, I was dating a cheater after all

He told me while absolutely hammered, it was because he didn't think I was committed to us (I was obviously more than him) and hey doesn't he get some sort of leeway coz he never cheated on anyone before (I'm just special apparently)

I've had to stay at his because I was too drunk to drive but obviously we're done. My heart is breaking and I'm so angry / upset I could scream.

I am so so sorry this happened to you.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear this.
  • Options
    euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    I really don't know what all this soul-searching is about. Your 'boyfriend' is cheating on you with this other girl. What's to discuss?

Have you read the thread at all - especially the recent update?
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    euphie wrote: »
    Have you read the thread at all - especially the recent update?

That would have been difficult as the update was posted after my post! I stand by what I said - he is/was cheating on her. Get rid and don't think about the snake any more.
  • Options
    alaninmcralaninmcr Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would have been difficult as the update was posted after my post.!

How is 08:27 after 09:20 ?
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    That would have been difficult as the update was posted after my post! I stand by what I said - he is/was cheating on her. Get rid and don't think about the snake any more.

Err no, it wasn't posted after your post.
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Been reading this thread. I just want to say I am sorry about what has happened to you. Hopefully you will find a decent guy. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your messages. I've had a message from him - he's angry that other people heard us row last night (some of his mates) and I've apparently made him Look stupid.

Yep, that is his main concern. My head knows in lucky to be out of it. But my hearts breaking - and in so angry that I feel sad about it. I should hate him.

I can't believe I was taken in by such a bar steward. I hate that in single again
  • Options
    Tamryn29Tamryn29 Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whilst I wasn't going to hold my breath, I was hoping there was just a misunderstanding along the way and that everything would turn out good. I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to you, and wish you the best x you'll get over it in time x
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She a hoe and a half.
  • Options
    TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you want me to go round her house?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TreyC wrote: »
    Do you want me to go round her house?

Lol, thank you. But a girl who sleeps with a man she knows is in a relationship isn't worth the time or effort if even being thought about.

Neither is the man.

Still sucks though.:(
  • Options
    Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww Bab I had a horrible feeling he was cheating on you reading the thread, what a utter scumbag.

It's never nice to find out your b/f has been cheating on you (bitter experience), just treat yourself to something nice and try and keep busy, less chance to think about him and enjoy being Single because Mr Right comes along when you least expect it.

And block his number, delete him from Facebook, and other social media, goes without saying.

Hope you will be ok (((hugs))) xx