Regarding Sarah Jane S4 (Possible big spoiler inside)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is the consensus that Luke will be departing at the end of S4?

Comments

• cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I've heard. He didn't get mentioned in an interview Katy Manning did about her two episodes, so could be during the series.

Sorry to see him go.

G
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    sepmix wrote: »
    Is the consensus that Luke will be departing at the end of S4?

Isn't he leaving in the very first episode - I seem to remember a synopsis on line a while ago stating the first episode will be dealing with Luke's departure, and the situations surrounding it.
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A shame, but he's definitely the weakest of the three 'kid' characters. I'd be sorrier to lose Clyde.
  • cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A shame, but he's definitely the weakest of the three 'kid' characters. I'd be sorrier to lose Clyde.

They're both easy on the eye (I shall probably regret saying that :o).

G
  • EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cobaltmale wrote: »

G

Don't worry, I think the Clyde actor is into his 20s, not that much younger than Matt! :eek:
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member

G

clyde is so sexy!:p i go all funny when hes onscreen, i so would :D
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Clyde (Daniel Anthony) is 23 is real life (thank goodness).

Very sorry to see Luke go - hopefully off to university of something like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I think Tommy is leaving after the first episode...and they have a new girl who will be joining the team...
    Quite sad that he is leaving though. Yes he probably is the weakest of the actors (actually I'd say Anjli is), but I do wonder is kind of lost in space looks are down to the fact that he is playing a clone, who has no idea how to be human, and is learning....so if that isthe case, he is playing it to the T!!!

I will say that both Daniel and Tommy, are handsome young fellows....but I don't fancy them....I have this inability to fancy men younger than me!!! I can appreciate their looks....but in the same why I can appreciate a female's looks...I think its down to the fact that I have a younger brother...young men don't appeal....
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommy was probably concentrating on his education in real life. The girl who played Maria in the first series left to focus on her GCSEs.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Replace him with a girl? That'd be stupid unless it's Maria coming back. The whole point of introducing Clyde to replace Kelsey from the first episode was to fix the gender balance.

Apparently the reason Luke was absent from the Eternity Trap was because Tommy was doing his GCSEs.

This will be of interest.
    Are there any hints you can give on what's coming up?
    "There's some brilliant things coming up. I've done the first four episodes, which were great. Luke (Tommy Knight) goes off to Oxford University and there's some intrigue surrounding that. There's a nasty nightmare creature. And K-9 goes off with Luke - there's a very sweet moment between Mr. Smith and K-9. They sort of admit their grudging respect for each other."
    That's from an interview with Alexander Armstrong - Mr Smith.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we're losing K9? That's not good! Luke is disposable, the tin dog is not!
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we're losing K9? That's not good! Luke is disposable, the tin dog is not!

I dare say it will be like Series 1 when he was locked in the cupboard dealing with that black hole. Around, but not all the time. :)
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    K9 originally only appeared in SJA as a trade-off for the BBC allowing the "traditional" K9 prop to be used in the Aussie K9 series for a couple of episodes before they blew up the traditional prop an brought in the whizzy new one. I was surprised that K9 came into SJA so much in the last series. They could have left him locked in that cubbyhole forever.

I agree that Luke and (particularly) Clyde are nicely decorative.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Replace him with a girl? That'd be stupid unless it's Maria coming back. The whole point of introducing Clyde to replace Kelsey from the first episode was to fix the gender balance.

Apparently the reason Luke was absent from the Eternity Trap was because Tommy was doing his GCSEs.

This will be of interest.That's from an interview with Alexander Armstrong - Mr Smith.

The only reason i'd thought they replaced Kelsey with Clyde was because the actress was really bad......or at least her character was.......I don't think it had anything to do with the gender balance.....if it is, then replacing Luke with another boy will make it too obvious. I'm sure Clyde doesn't mind hanging around with the ladies;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    The only reason i'd thought they replaced Kelsey with Clyde was because the actress was really bad......or at least her character was.......I don't think it had anything to do with the gender balance.....if it is, then replacing Luke with another boy will make it too obvious. I'm sure Clyde doesn't mind hanging around with the ladies;)

It was actually stated at the time that they replaced Kelsey because they thought three female characters and one male unbalanced the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was actually stated at the time that they replaced Kelsey because they thought three female characters and one male unbalanced the show.

Oh okay.....but then they seem to have gone back to this pattern for the new series by the looks of the rumours....
  • JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given Matt Smith is in S4 (some readers REALLY don't like spoilers hence the tags)is Sarah Jane now second only to the Brigadier in the number of Doctors she has travelled with? I make it PT, JP, TB, PD, DT and MS so far.

Okay, I'm stripping off the spoiler cloak as since it says "Spoiler" in the title, anyone reading this ought to know better :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given
    Matt Smith is in S4 (some readers REALLY don't like spoilers hence the tags)is Sarah Jane now second only to the Brigadier in the number of Doctors she has travelled with? I make it PT, JP, TB, PD, DT and MS so far.
    I wouldn't have said she 'travelled' with Troughton, she met him (and Hurndall, playing the first Doctor) very briefly in The Five Doctors, that's all. The Brigadier, on the other hand, has not only briefly encountered the first Doctor twice but also encountered every other Doctor up to the end of the classic series on screen (even Colin Baker, in Dimensions In Time). If you factor in the books and audios, of course, she's also met the seventh Doctor, which would put her just ahead of the Brigadier by the time she's met the latest. If you don't count them, they're tied on seven each (1-7 for the Brig, 1-5, 10 & 11 for Sarah).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have said she 'travelled' with Troughton, she met him (and Hurndall, playing the first Doctor) very briefly in The Five Doctors, that's all. The Brigadier, on the other hand, has not only briefly encountered the first Doctor twice but also encountered every other Doctor up to the end of the classic series on screen (even Colin Baker, in Dimensions In Time). If you factor in the books and audios, of course, she's also met the seventh Doctor, which would put her just ahead of the Brigadier by the time she's met the latest. If you don't count them, they're tied on seven each (1-7 for the Brig, 1-5, 10 & 11 for Sarah).

Tingy...I said "second only to the Brigadier" and also, technically, the Brigadier only ever "travelled" with PT and JP...he appeared alongside all the others...as for the alternate media, since they're not canon they certainly don't count in this debate :D

Oh and by the way: it was Nicholas Courtney playing separate roles that appeared with WH, the Brigadier is actually a fictional character that NC played for many years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tingy...I said "second only to the Brigadier" and also, technically, the Brigadier only ever "travelled" with PT and JP...he appeared alongside all the others...as for the alternate media, since they're not canon they certainly don't count in this debate :D

Oh and by the way: it was Nicholas Courtney playing separate roles that appeared with WH, the Brigadier is actually a fictional character that NC played for many years.
    The Brigadier met the first Doctor in The Three Doctors.
    And they are canon
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forget ALL of the above. The important thing is ...
    JO GRANT IS COMING BACK!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Brigadier met the first Doctor in The Three Doctors.
    And they are canon

The 1st Doctor was sent by the Time Lords to appear on the TARDIS monitor screen so technically he travelled to the Brigadier :D
    oh no they're not ;)

But is Sarah the most Doctor'd companion in terms of encounters after the Brigadier?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 1st Doctor was sent by the Time Lords to appear on the TARDIS monitor screen so technically he travelled to the Brigadier :D
    Ah, but travelled to, not with.
    oh no they're not ;)
    Oh yes they are

But is Sarah the most Doctor'd companion in terms of encounters after the Brigadier?[/QUOTE]Yes.
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    The only reason i'd thought they replaced Kelsey with Clyde was because the actress was really bad......or at least her character was.......I don't think it had anything to do with the gender balance

There were a lot of "insider" reports at the time that she didn't behave on set so got the boot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

G
    Don't worry, I think the Clyde actor is into his 20s, not that much younger than Matt! :eek:

I remember reading that a while ago on wiki (about Clyde) to some releif:o