Options

NFL on Channel 4

Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
Forum Member
Just a heads up for any American Football fans. The NFL makes its debut on Channel 4 tonight after they required the terrestrial for games after midnight. The first match is a clash from probably the tightest division in the NFL between Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins. Anyone planning to watch? Kick-off is late - 1.20am - show starts at 12.55am.

Comments

• Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    I'll stay up if Possible, Cowboys are playing :)
  • Options
    RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    As a Redskins fan since Ch 4 started showing American Footy in the mid 80's I will definitely be cheering them on tonight.
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great start to the show, classic ch4 clips from the 80's through the 90's.
    got some bud, got some snacks, hoping for a good close game.

So glad Mike Carlson has moved over to 4, great to see Imlach again too. :)

Go Broncos!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'll be watching :)

I've just finished watching San Francisco @ Seattle and before that Carolina @ Giants on sky, so I've watched a lot of NFL today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I'd remembered and recorded it.

I watched the Packers @ the Eagles online. Was a decent finish to the game.

As an Eagles fan I was missing McNabb big time in the first half. KK was out of his depth at times, but I suppose season openers dont some much harder than Green Bay
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I passed out after the 1st quarter:o:(must try harder,
    was great to see it back on 4.
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big game tonight on 4, Clash of the Mannings - Giants @ Colts.

Fairly dull game at the mo between the Pats & Jets..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TomGrant wrote: »
    Big game tonight on 4, Clash of the Mannings - Giants @ Colts.

Fairly dull game at the mo between the Pats & Jets..

I thought that New England @ Jets was a pretty good game. :)

The Giants were poor tonight.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously don't watch on channel 4 here but got a horrible feeling the Giants and Jets are going to have mixed seasons. The Giants started well against the Panthers and the Jets were unlucky against the Ravens. Then this week the Giants failed badly against the Colts. You could expect that to an extent I guess. Great win for the Jets against the Patriots though. Really a big fan of our new stadium too. :-)
  • Options
    huffy72huffy72 Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice to see the legend mike carlson back on,his knowledge of the game is first class,imlach??? dunno he seems a bit dull,or doesnt really know whats goin on,needs a rocket to go off,kev cadle is good on sky,the 80s clips make me feel old!
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imlach is kinda dull but he knows his stuff
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just flicking the channels the other day and came across a programme on Sky Sports which was like a history of UK TV coverage of the NFL

Unfortunately it was already 45 minutes in to the programme but they were still on the C4 days........

It was really interesting, interviews with all the presenters, Nicky Horne ! etc.........the technical difficulties they had with the interminable ad breaks from the US, then the arrival of Sky on the scene and eventually C4 dropping it's coverage

Prob one of those shows that will be repeated lots of times on Sky Sports - watch out for it guys, it's worth watching !
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Giants - Bears was a wonderful game. Great seeing sack after sack for a change

Real shame that Channel 4 lose the post-season. Is it different this year?

The thing to do is record it, then watch the recording. I have 30-second advance button, that is great for moving through play, by, play
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeh i cant watch nfl live,i have to watch on delay so i cant fast fwd

i have become a master and can fwd between plays without one single mistake
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giants - Bears was a wonderful game. Great seeing sack after sack for a change

Real shame that Channel 4 lose the post-season. Is it different this year?

The thing to do is record it, then watch the recording. I have 30-second advance button, that is great for moving through play, by, play

Wonderful game are you smoking something norty? :p

That was one lesson on not how to play grid iron :)
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Just flicking the channels the other day and came across a programme on Sky Sports which was like a history of UK TV coverage of the NFL

Unfortunately it was already 45 minutes in to the programme but they were still on the C4 days........

It was really interesting, interviews with all the presenters, Nicky Horne ! etc.........the technical difficulties they had with the interminable ad breaks from the US, then the arrival of Sky on the scene and eventually C4 dropping it's coverage

Prob one of those shows that will be repeated lots of times on Sky Sports - watch out for it guys, it's worth watching !

It's called NFL Britain's Game, which i missed, as i was too busy getting Drunk, & it's not available on the SKY Player either:cry:.

Hope SKY show it again.
  • Options
    Sledge HammerSledge Hammer Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Hello,

does anybody know, on which satellite the original nbc feed is to find?? Up to last weekend NBC USA transmitted the main programm (except local programms) on Telstar 15° west Frequency 11525h SR3198 FEC7/8) - including also the Sunday Night football game with original commentary and commercials. Yesterday I could´nt find that feed on 15° west. But anyhow channel 4 must get the signal??!
    Does anybody know, where the nbc feed has moved to?

For all NFL and american tv lovers it is absolutly worth to turn the dish on sunday evening to 15° west? There´s still original CBS/Fox coverage to receive with a small dish on 12572v!
  • Options
    mirandashellmirandashell Posts: 2,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been listening to the Jets @ Bears game on the radio and so wish I could see it! Sounds amazing.....

No late game on NBC tonight?
  • Options
    John.DitchfieldJohn.Ditchfield Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No late game on NBC tonight?
    Giants @ Colts kick off 1:20
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? That's on C4? Oh good.
  • Options
    hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because the Eagles - Vikings game has been postponed until Tuesday because of the blizzard C4 are showing the Raiders - Colts on delay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm confused.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I hate the Colts.....

Thanks Hallstar!
  • Options
    John.DitchfieldJohn.Ditchfield Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hallstar wrote: »
    Because the Eagles - Vikings game has been postponed until Tuesday because of the blizzard C4 are showing the Raiders - Colts on delay.

So channel 4 cant call it live so you will have loads of waffle from Imlach & Carlsson