Christmas Eve
    01:00 Steve Berry
    06:00 The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast with Ronnie Irani
    10:00 Mike Graham & Mike Parry
    13:00 Hawksbee & Jacobs
    16:00 Adrian Durham & Darren Gough
    19:00 Kick-Off with Ian Danter
    22:00-01:00 The Year with George Galloway

Ian Danter said he is on the breakfast show in place of Alan Brazil.

I think Al's decided to get completely plastered throughout Christmas, it was planned that he'd get a couple of days in with Irani just before the break but even before they departed Australia he made it public he wouldn't be working the day after landing because he was going to get hammered.

I think the guy needs help urgently because one thing is certain it WILL catch up on him and sooner or later he's gonna knacker up his organs. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised to see that Saggy Baggy and Quimmy are doing a live breakfast show on Christmas Day. (Well, I assume it is live....and I assume they will actually be in the studio and not broadcasting from their sheds!).

I remember those fun breakfast shows that talkSPORT used to do on 25th Dec. They were great- Geoff Peters, Ian Danter, etc. I'd rather hear that then the idiocy peddled by Quimmy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there any truth in the rumour that the reason Andy Townsend left the station was because Mike Porky Parry became increasingly annoyed by the fact that Townsend hardly ever made the journey down to London & hosted the show mainly from his toy cupboard in Warwickshire? This may also be the reason behind the fall-out Porky had with Mr Brazil recently.
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised to see that Saggy Baggy and Quimmy are doing a live breakfast show on Christmas Day. (Well, I assume it is live....and I assume they will actually be in the studio and not broadcasting from their sheds!).

I remember those fun breakfast shows that talkSPORT used to do on 25th Dec. They were great- Geoff Peters, Ian Danter, etc. I'd rather hear that then the idiocy peddled by Quimmy.

Who knows with talkSPORT?, their past history of broadcasting live events "Off-Tube" (that terminology still tickles me) and acting like it's being broadcast live makes me think they wouldn't be beyond recording shows and putting them out as if they are live, they could call it "Off-Live" :D
  • Options
    ahoymeisterahoymeister Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope it's live but it'll probably be pre-recorded. I think Patrick Kinghorn did the Christmas show one year - it makes a difference having a live show when you're travelling to relatives, getting up to unwrap stuff or starting on the cooking. Later in the day, it's probably less important.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Who knows with talkSPORT?, their past history of broadcasting live events "Off-Tube" (that terminology still tickles me) and acting like it's being broadcast live makes me think they wouldn't be beyond recording shows and putting them out as if they are live, they could call it "Off-Live" :D

Are you on talkFORUM, Billy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you on talkFORUM, Billy?

Occasionally frequent said establishment Slam do you your good self go in there?.
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4-4-2 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's now....

Christmas Eve
    01:00 Steve Berry
    06:00 The Sports Breakfast with Ian Danter & Ronnie Irani
    10:00 Mike Graham & Mike Parry
    13:00 Hawksbee & Jacobs
    16:00 Adrian Durham & Darren Gough
    19:00 Kick-Off with Sam Matterface & Martin Allen
    22:00-01:00 The Year with George Galloway

Boxing Day
    01:00 Matt Forde
    06:00 Fisherman’s Blues with Keith Arthur
    08:00 The Boxing Day Sports Breakfast with Mark Saggers & Micky Quinn
    11:30 Matchday Live with Adrian Durham, including live commentary of Fulham v West Ham (kick-off at 12:00)
    17:00 Call Adrian Durham & Ray Houghton
    19:00 Full Contact with Mike Bovill & Jeff Probyn
    21:00-00:00 Andy Goldstein’s Sports Bar

A couple of corrections to those schedules.

Between 10am-1pm tomorrow, it'll be Jason Cundy. Not sure if he will be on his own or with someone else. Mike Graham flew out to the USA after his show today in order to celebrate Christmas with his family over there, so he won't be on again until 2011. I think Mike Parry is taking Christmas Eve off as well.

On Boxing Day, Matchday Live will include two commentary games - Fulham v West Ham with Sam Matterface and Stan Collymore at noon, followed by Newcastle United v Manchester City with Ian Danter and Bobby Gould from 3pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As anyone noticed yet talkSPORT has now censored the Neil Warnock Show jingle?, the part where they sang about his nickname being Colin has now been replaced by someone saying the reference has been removed at Mr Warnocks request.

Although there are references on the internet that this name was given to him by Plymouth Argyle fans it is folklore up here in South Yorkshire that it was the Wednesday fans that first gave him the nickname. :D

If there are still people out there who don't know why he's called Colin check out the link below, you'll find the answer on the second post down.

click HERE
  • Options
    currysockscurrysocks Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Billy, But I'd still put him in the same 'Bracket ' as Quinn, Irani., 'n' Gough !

Just heard Parry say, Big Al & the Ronnie turned up @ the airport 24 hours early for there flights home ! .......... The grog must be stronger than Big Al thinks. But who gives a ( xxxx)

This must be the first time Brazil has ever turned up early.

Apparently the rest of the TS staff had flown home leaving Big Al and Ronnie with the simple task of turning up at the airport on the right day.

They couldn't manage it.

Brazil was probably drunk. What's Irani's excuse?
  • Options
    JGHJGH Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    6-10 Kelly and Parry

10-1 Whale

1-4 H and J

4-7 Danter and Martin/Robson

7-10 Durham and 2 from Marcotti/Robson and Hughton
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    currysocks wrote: »
    This must be the first time Brazil has ever turned up early.

Apparently the rest of the TS staff had flown home leaving Big Al and Ronnie with the simple task of turning up at the airport on the right day.

They couldn't manage it.

Brazil was probably drunk. What's Irani's excuse?

Probably just being Irani! :D
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDBeta wrote: »
    Probably just being Irani! :D

Mornin' ED,I don't like Colins I cant stand the pr#t !

But come 1 am, I try an hour or two of TS & its still pants !:(:mad:
  • Options
    GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As anyone noticed yet talkSPORT has now censored the Neil Warnock Show jingle?, the part where they sang about his nickname being Colin has now been replaced by someone saying the reference has been removed at Mr Warnocks request.

Although there are references on the internet that this name was given to him by Plymouth Argyle fans it is folklore up here in South Yorkshire that it was the Wednesday fans that first gave him the nickname. :D

If there are still people out there who don't know why he's called Colin check out the link below, you'll find the answer on the second post down.

click HERE

Yeah, Colin is very precious, BTW I'm sure it was given by Wednesday fans, not sure why it would be the Green Slime they love the ****er.

Oh it was very funny today when H&J said they could both do impressions of Boozy and chicken and get double bubble, I think most discerning listeners would prefer that:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mornin' ED,I don't like Colins I cant stand the pr#t !

But come 1 am, I try an hour or two of TS & its still pants !:(:mad:

Hi there!

You're not wrong tonight with Forde back on. I came in late tonight (1.21am) and he's acting like a 1980s shock jock by cutting people off and last night using the fader as he has been doing an increasing amount these days - what a pudding!. I come in for the first hour of Forde for the loonies (has Nigel been on at the start?).

I tune in to Collins for the conspiracy stuff but he speaks in such an arrogant and false manner these days that's all I tune in for. Why doesn't he speak normally? Why doesn't Ash (Ashe?) get equal billing as he seems to be on as much as Collins at times. I hate tedious sidekicks, I like funny ones but I can't remember the last funny one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't listen to this vile station, they know nothing about football so i stay away. Just wanted to know from those that do listen: How the hell can they get away with this?

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/translator/2010-12-23/pack-your-bags-rafa-youre-firedoh-yeah-and-have-great-christmas-too#comments

A national (AFAIK) radio station using derogatory terms. That's not something you are supposed to see from a licensed broadcaster. For those that don't know im referring to their term for the former Inter manager: "overweight Spanish waiter" then the ridiculous youtube videos that follow. If a more well known licensed broadcaster did something similar there would be an uproar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Collins the pseudo-intellect - bet he can't believe his luck :D

Warming a bit more to Cundy outwith the Sports Bar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Colin is very precious, BTW I'm sure it was given by Wednesday fans, not sure why it would be the Green Slime they love the ****er.

Oh it was very funny today when H&J said they could both do impressions of Boozy and chicken and get double bubble, I think most discerning listeners would prefer that:D

Believe it or not Sean the Wednesday fans have warmed to Warnock since he quit Sheffield United, I think it first started when he brought his Crystal Palace side to Hillsborough. We were beating them 2-0, he was stood out in his technical area and the Wednesday fans were giving him absolute hell, when they sang "Colin Colin what's the score" he lifted both his hands up high in the air to signify the score and the crowd loved it.

Then during all our problems financially when it looked like we might go bust and out of existence he said some pretty nice things about Wednesday and even that potentially they were the bigger club in Sheffield. Whether he's got a problem with the blades since his departure to make him say that I don't know but for a born blade who supported them from the terraces as a lad it was a pretty remarkable thing to say, I don't think the Sheffield United fans were too pleased about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think today's decision to put the Sports Bar Show on at 10.00 in the morning AND on Christmas Eve finally proves without a question of doubt that Moz Dee has either completely flipped and gone ga ga or is working from within for BBC Radio 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to everyone .. off out for some festive boozin.

Laters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have the original version of (or the words to) the Neil Warnock Christmas Day trailer by any chance?

I know the edited bit was something about his nickname being Colin, but I didn't get to hear that bit clearly the first time around, so would be interested to know what the context was.

This will probably be my last post on this thread until after the big day, so I just want to wish all of the posters and readers of this thread a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. :)
  • Options
    4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I have it on my mp3 player. It's on constant repeat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think today's decision to put the Sports Bar Show on at 10.00 in the morning AND on Christmas Eve finally proves without a question of doubt that Moz Dee has either completely flipped and gone ga ga or is working from within for BBC Radio 5.

You're not wrong, guv!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4-4-2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I have it on my mp3 player. It's on constant repeat.

:D I was more thinking of the people who upload some of these trailers to YouTube, given that discussing it seems to be doing the rounds on here.

Happy Christmas! :)
  • Options
    4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    I wasn't being entirely serious anyway!
This discussion has been closed.