I'm sure Jay was Del boy in a former life.:D

I could see that!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im not keen only watchin cause nothin else on :(
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,671
    Forum Member
    Something missing but can't quite put my finger on it. Really wanted to like it but just not doing it for me. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's playing Del's father?:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggy145 wrote: »
    Who's playing Del's father?:)

Reg? Sean Dingwall
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Something missing but can't quite put my finger on it. Really wanted to like it but just not doing it for me. :(

Yes i agree. The first one had tremendous novelty value and was a well put together story which maybe needed to be told.

There are not enough funny lines for the younger Trigger, Boycie etc tonight. In fact there are not enough funny lines period.

Wondered why the Beeb did not put this on Christmas Day.

Couple of good scenes with del and the girl from Waterloo Rd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c0lefax wrote: »

• Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I love a 69." LOL! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    "I love a 69." LOL! :D

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I'm gonna knit you a sari":D:D:D
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have been watching this - not normally a big fan of nostalgia drama, heartbeat etc.

enjoying the cast but the music is a little overbearing - the story on the whole is worth a watch - but not what I would call great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I'm gonna knit you a sari":D:D:D

And she did! :D
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Loving it so far. James is very good as Del *tries to forget about Jay in the Inbetweeners*

I can't get James Buckley playing anyone but Jay now, it doesn't help that Jay and Del are not that different. I keep expecting him to say "morning benders, I'm off to find the clunge" :D
  • J_PeasmouldJ_Peasmould Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find myself enjoying this more than last Christmas' edition. I think I shall have to download a few of the hit songs from Itunes tomorrow.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she did! :D

And it was a lovely sari too:D:D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    I can't get James Buckley playing anyone but Jay now, it doesn't help that Jay and Del are not that different. I keep expecting him to say "morning benders, I'm off to find the clunge" :D

Yeh same!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I liked it. Not enough of the rest of the gang though, Trigger, Boycie etc..

+ Oops.. Shaun Dingwall not Sean as I said in the link (Post #431) :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it was a lovely sari too:D:D

I want it! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    It's odd though, given the Freddie the Frog origin of the storyline developed now, that there's no sign in the cast list, of Irene, the 'good time girl' whose scullery Albert said was the scene of the start of the Normandy lands. Supposedly the best friend of Mum, Joan[played by the late Joan Sims in TFL .

The character was in 'Rock and Chips' as Joan's best friend. She wasn't called Irene, though, her name was Renee Turpin. She was portrayed by Joan Sims in 'The Frog's Legacy' and by Emma Cooke in 'Rock and Chips'.
  • kelvokelvo Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit disappointed in it really, although did get to see my car in the Alberto's car lot (on the left of the blue Rover P4). Blink and you missed it.

Might have to watch on iPlayer, think the Routemaster bus was a later RML (with D suffix reg taped over) rather than an RM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want it! :D

Snap:D:D:D
  • maycontainnutsmaycontainnuts Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they really need to move it on a couple of years. I think Dell and his mates would be a lot more interesting at say 23 with his annoying little 7yo bro Also he could legally drink in the Nag's Head
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    they really need to move it on a couple of years. I think Dell and his mates would be a lot more interesting at say 23 with his annoying little 7yo bro Also he could legally drink in the Nag's Head

But its not about Del and his mates, its Joan's story.

I really hate her interactions with the Cinema owner,
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't as good as the first one because there was very little overall development of the characters.

I do actually think theres a great programme waiting to get out here. Del is great. All his mates work excellently (I really like Trigger in Rock and Chips, like the old Trigger in the first few years of OFAH, before he just got too weird and OTT) The 1960's atmosphere is good. All the music is great, etc...

If they want to devlop this to its true potential they should quickly get rid of Freddie, Joan and Reg and get the focus on Del bringing up Rodney in the Swinging Sixties.

So I'm a bit indifferant this time. I can see great potential, but at the moment its not quite gelling.

Edit: Oh and that sleazy guy from the cinema has got to go. That kind of stuff might have been funny in the era of the Carry On movies and On The Buses, but now it just comes across as sleazy and very outdated
  • maycontainnutsmaycontainnuts Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matty_D wrote: »
    But its not about Del and his mates, its Joan's story.,
    and maybe that's the problem